ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Refree - Clarification

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

keerthi

Passport Refree - Clarification

Post by keerthi » Fri May 23, 2014 3:12 pm

Hello All,

I am planning to get the reference for Passport application from my office colleague, who is an IT professional with Bachelor of Engineering Background. He recently got his BC few weeks back.

Will this be fine, as the only other option I have is GP and from the forums I understand they are no longer acceptable.

Kindly help me by clarifying the above.

Regards,
Keerthi

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: Passport Refree - Clarification

Post by shahid2000 » Fri May 23, 2014 4:06 pm

keerthi wrote:Hello All,

I am planning to get the reference for Passport application from my office colleague, who is an IT professional with Bachelor of Engineering Background. He recently got his BC few weeks back.

Will this be fine, as the only other option I have is GP and from the forums I understand they are no longer acceptable.

Kindly help me by clarifying the above.

Regards,
Keerthi
I don't think he will be accepted as a professional reference. You must have used someone for your naturalizations application, can you not use the same person?

keerthi

Post by keerthi » Sat May 24, 2014 7:07 am

Hi,

I have used reference from my landlord and GP.

Since GP will not be accepted for Passport, now I am confused.

Please can anyone suggest.

Regards,
Keerthi

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Sat May 24, 2014 9:09 am

If your referee is Engineer (with professional qualifications) it should be fine.
I am sometimes wrong.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Sat May 24, 2014 12:19 pm

milan69 wrote:If your referee is Engineer (with professional qualifications) it should be fine.
If I remember correctly there was a specific criteria for engineers to be accepted as referees, just because you have an engineering degree doen't mean you can sign as a referee. The engineer had to be registered with some professional body or something like that. It was somewhere with the list of accepted professions.
I dont mean to discourage anyone, just saying that that is what I read somewhere.
I have used reference from my landlord and GP.

Since GP will not be accepted for Passport, now I am confused.

Please can anyone suggest.
GPs have been off the referee list for a long time. If you applied recently and it was accepted then you might be able to use the same.

On a related note I dont think they will reject your application simply because you got reference from the wrong person. I remember reading that if they are not happy with the references then they will ask you to provide another reference, it might delay your application but should not cause rejection.

Sorry could not be of more help.