ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working restrictions for dependent

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ekom84
Newly Registered

Working restrictions for dependent

Post by ekom84 » Fri May 23, 2014 5:41 pm

I came here on Tier 4 ....i finished my study
before my visa expire i applied tier 2 and got refused...before my tier 4 visa expire i applied for tier 4 extension -decision pending--

Now my wife was working with company and they refused her to continue job because her visa expire as well....

Can someone tell me about the working restrictions while your visa is in progress ?

Many thanks

searoze

Re: Working restrictions for dependent

Post by searoze » Sat May 24, 2014 1:02 am

ekom84 wrote:I came here on Tier 4 ....i finished my study
before my visa expire i applied tier 2 and got refused...before my tier 4 visa expire i applied for tier 4 extension -decision pending--

Now my wife was working with company and they refused her to continue job because her visa expire as well....

Can someone tell me about the working restrictions while your visa is in progress ?

When your visa application is pending with UKVI, then you are under 3C leave and your work rights are same as your last visa status.
Your wife can tell the company to check her right to work by calling their dedicated telephone help desk, or emailing UKVI.

For more details read HERE
Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
Please correct me if am wrong