ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got BRP Today Restricted work Business Invest

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sindhoo

Got BRP Today Restricted work Business Invest

Post by sindhoo » Wed May 21, 2014 2:44 pm

Hi Guys,
Thank you very much it was nice reading these forums and getting support . Thanks to everyone who supported and contributed on this forum and special thanks to moderators . I got my BRP Today my timeline is below:

Applied : 15 Jan 2014
Biometric : 20 Jan 2014
Category : Tier 2 General to T1 Entrepreneur 200K route
Approved : Got BRP today

I have a question It says on my BRP :
Restricted Work
Business Invest <----- What does this mean ??? please need clarification on this
No Sportsperson

What does it means Restricted Work (Business invest) , Please can someone clarify this . Thanks

Momi
United Kingdom

Re: Got BRP Today Restricted work Business Invest

Post by Momi » Wed May 21, 2014 2:46 pm

Congrats mate.

When did you receive your approval letter? Or you received your brp 1st?

Restricted work means you can't work anywhere but you are only allowed to do business.

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Wed May 21, 2014 3:01 pm

it means you can only work/take salary etc for your own business. and its a business investment visa which mean u need to do investment in same business.

sindhoo wrote:Hi Guys,
Thank you very much it was nice reading these forums and getting support . Thanks to everyone who supported and contributed on this forum and special thanks to moderators . I got my BRP Today my timeline is below:

Applied : 15 Jan 2014
Biometric : 20 Jan 2014
Category : Tier 2 General to T1 Entrepreneur 200K route
Approved : Got BRP today

I have a question It says on my BRP :
Restricted Work
Business Invest <----- What does this mean ??? please need clarification on this
No Sportsperson

What does it means Restricted Work (Business invest) , Please can someone clarify this . Thanks

sindhoo

Post by sindhoo » Wed May 21, 2014 3:34 pm

@momi Thanks , I received BRP first waiting for documents.

@enterpenuer123 so it is written in every T1 Entrepreneur visa category like 50k and 200k route

1) My other question is that can I register in two companies as a director and then invest 100k in each one of them (total 200k) in three years and then get extension after three years .

2) The guide says you can get ILR after three years if you employ 10 people. For How long these 10 guys should be working in your company before you can apply for ILR .

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Wed May 21, 2014 3:44 pm

could you tell what your visa title says on BRP ? Is it says "HS Tier 1 Enterpenuer visa"??

sindhoo wrote:@momi Thanks , I received BRP first waiting for documents.

@enterpenuer123 so it is written in every T1 Entrepreneur visa category like 50k and 200k route

1) My other question is that can I register in two companies as a director and then invest 100k in each one of them (total 200k) in three years and then get extension after three years .

2) The guide says you can get ILR after three years if you employ 10 people. For How long these 10 guys should be working in your company before you can apply for ILR .

sindhoo

Post by sindhoo » Wed May 21, 2014 3:51 pm

@entrepreneur123 indeed it says T1 HS Entrepreneur leave to remain . I got it now thanks for your help.

Restricted Work
Business Invest (It means only can do business I thought I can't be business investor but thankfully there is no (NO) in the beginning :lol: )
NO Sportsperson (Can't be sports person )

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Wed May 21, 2014 4:04 pm

ok here u go mine is under 50 k and it says same. means 50k and 200 k BRP are same looking. Regarding business investment, you cannot do investment in other's businesses(as it clearly says in new April 2014 rules). So you are allowed to do investment and work only for your own business.

sindhoo wrote:@entrepreneur123 indeed it says T1 HS Entrepreneur leave to remain . I got it now thanks for your help.

Restricted Work
Business Invest (It means only can do business I thought I can't be business investor but thankfully there is no (NO) in the beginning :lol: )
NO Sportsperson (Can't be sports person )

sindhoo

Post by sindhoo » Wed May 21, 2014 6:26 pm

Yeah but let say you are the only director in two companies and you invest 100k in each that would be your business isn't it.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Thu May 22, 2014 12:28 am

@ sindhoo, you can decide to be director of 10 companies and invest 20k in each of them. Its your choice.

You just need to show total investment of 200k in order to qualify for extension.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

sindhoo

Post by sindhoo » Thu May 22, 2014 7:25 am

@Olasunkanmi Special thanks to you , you helped us in every stage.

Does anyone know for to get ILR after 3 years how long 10 employees should be working in your business .

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Fri May 23, 2014 6:35 pm

@ sindhoo, the requirement for employment is to show that you have employed 2 full-time workers in the last 12months before your extension is due, so for the 10 workers as well it will also be last 12months before extension.

confused90

Post by confused90 » Fri May 23, 2014 7:27 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ sindhoo, the requirement for employment is to show that you have employed 2 full-time workers in the last 12months before your extension is due, so for the 10 workers as well it will also be last 12months before extension.
Last 12 months? Can't we split the employment over the period of the visa? :S

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sat May 24, 2014 5:35 pm

@ confused90, yes its acceptable to split it over the period as long as the 2 workers were employed for total of 24 months or 120months for 10 workers within the duration of the visa.

Also bear in mind that there were changes to the requirement on 06/04/14 which requires that applicants that are getting visa after 06/04/14 can now only employ only full-time workers and can't combine part-time and full-time hours together again.

You should read the Immigration Rules and policy guidance very well to get the full picture.

Sohail Alvi
Pakistan

Post by Sohail Alvi » Mon May 26, 2014 8:40 pm

Congrats and best wishes