ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Benefits of a registration certificate (EEA1)?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Newbie24
Newly Registered

Benefits of a registration certificate (EEA1)?

Post by Newbie24 » Fri May 23, 2014 6:45 pm

Hi guys,

Q1: What are the main benefits of applying for a registration certificate (EEA1)?

Q2: What is the effect of having a registration certificate in regards to providing proof for "excising treaty rights" (for a continues of 5 years) when applying for permanent residence (EEA3)? Does the registration certificate "prove" that one is exercising treaty rights for the duration of the documents' validity?

Thanks!

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Benefits of a registration certificate (EEA1)?

Post by sheraz7 » Fri May 23, 2014 7:12 pm

1. Its optional for EEA national. However, it processes more swiftly than EEA2, therefore, its issuance may provide positive signal for EEA2 application outcome as long as the caseworker is satisfied from the genuineness of marriage.

2. EEA1 registration certificate only confirms that EU national is a qualified person at the time of application. For PR application still 5 years treaty rights need.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Fri May 23, 2014 7:18 pm

Newbie24 wrote:Hi guys,

Q1: What are the main benefits of applying for a registration certificate (EEA1)?
hardly any benefits for an EU national and to be honest foes not worth paying £55 for it

Q2: What is the effect of having a registration certificate in regards to providing proof for "excising treaty rights" (for a continues of 5 years) when applying for permanent residence (EEA3)? Does the registration certificate "prove" that one is exercising treaty rights for the duration of the documents' validity?

it will not prove that you have excerised treaty rights for its validity period. if you want to apply for PR after 5 years, home Office will need to see evidence of you excerising treaty rights for 5 years. Having EEA1 registration certificate will not reflect on the application.
Thanks!
I think HO should scrape EEA1 Applications altogether as rarely any EU national applies for it now.

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Fri May 23, 2014 7:22 pm

[quote="sheraz7"]1. Its optional for EEA national. However, it processes more swiftly than EEA2, therefore, its issuance may provide positive signal for EEA2 application outcome as long as the caseworker is satisfied from the genuineness of marriage.

Hi Sheraz7,
the OP did not indicate any thing to do with "marriage" here, unless i am missing some thing ? :)

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri May 23, 2014 7:58 pm

@south west

The issuance of EEA1 is really a good sign for EEA2 application because it confirms that caseworker is satisfied from the evidences of treaty rights. However, still the genuineness of marriage/relationship between EU and non-EU national will highly be important to be satisfied before issuing an EEA2 residence permit.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Fri May 23, 2014 8:39 pm

@sheraz7,

i totally agree with you.
my point is that the OP did not imply that he/she in a relationship with a non EU national. its mainly about EEA1 &EEA3.
that's why i was wondering why you mentioned Marriage as it was not mentioned in the original post in the first place!

in all cases, not a big issue. its nice sometimes to have a healthy debate :D

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat May 24, 2014 5:14 am

SouthWest1 wrote:@sheraz7,

i totally agree with you.
my point is that the OP did not imply that he/she in a relationship with a non EU national. its mainly about EEA1 &EEA3.
that's why i was wondering why you mentioned Marriage as it was not mentioned in the original post in the first place!

in all cases, not a big issue. its nice sometimes to have a healthy debate :D
I think Sheraz was trying to help. Why waste time pulling him up on the mention of marriage? Some people really have too much time on their hands...

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Sat May 24, 2014 7:05 pm

I think Sheraz was trying to help. Why waste time pulling him up on the mention of marriage? Some people really have too much time on their hands...[/quote]

thanks for the wrong assumption.I do not have plenty of time on my hand
not pulling any one up and it was a mere question in the first place.