ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting UK with Residence card

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

koded

Visiting UK with Residence card

Post by koded » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:16 pm

Hi guys, Will like to know residency card holders (from Ireland) are allowed to visit UK with family members without applying for UK visa. I couldn't get good information from the UK embassy in Dublin even after paying for the services. Thanks.

Conejo77
Newly Registered

Re: Visiting UK with Residence card

Post by Conejo77 » Mon May 05, 2014 12:54 am

Hi Koded,

I understand your frustration with the UK embassy (no offense but they are way too rude), and the worst is that they are never clear to a simple question, but I found a UK website that will asses your situation and will tell you if you need a visa or not (is a government website).
https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa

Also check this out: http://www.visitlondon.com/traveller-in ... s/uk-visas

I hope that helps,

Cheers

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Mon May 05, 2014 10:26 pm

You definitely need Visa to accompany your Eu family to the Almighty UK, but most part of the EU is fine without visa. It is not worth risk going without proper visa though you may be lucky to enter but the chance is very parochial.

Good Luck

koded

Post by koded » Wed May 07, 2014 7:43 pm

Thanks guys I got a reply from the embassy which was helpfully.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Fri May 09, 2014 11:43 am

You could post your findings here to help others...

koded

Post by koded » Sun May 11, 2014 7:06 am

chaoclive wrote:You could post your findings here to help others...
The finding is that the embassy put me through on the visa to apply for. Initially, I was applying for as a visitor which of course we are only visiting and I couldnt finished the application as I have to pay at the end of the application. Since there was no clear explanation on UKvisa website as to which category of visa for people with residence card or spouse of eu citizen. And the join eu option is not clearly shown on the option and I rang the embassy but the person I spoke to couldnt give me a clear answer either. But I wrote to the embassy and they explained on which option I should choose when making application as spouse of eu citizen. (Others).

toofan
Member of Standing

Post by toofan » Sun May 11, 2014 1:01 pm

if you applying for visa as spouse of eu citizen visa should be issued free
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Tue May 13, 2014 11:14 am

HI,

i would like to visit UK as well, i am spouse of EU citizen.
Can you please tell me which visa you applied for? and for how long did they give you the permission for?
thanks
koded wrote:
The finding is that the embassy put me through on the visa to apply for. Initially, I was applying for as a visitor which of course we are only visiting and I couldnt finished the application as I have to pay at the end of the application. Since there was no clear explanation on UKvisa website as to which category of visa for people with residence card or spouse of eu citizen. And the join eu option is not clearly shown on the option and I rang the embassy but the person I spoke to couldnt give me a clear answer either. But I wrote to the embassy and they explained on which option I should choose when making application as spouse of eu citizen. (Others).

koded

Post by koded » Fri May 23, 2014 9:15 pm

masterboy123 wrote:HI,

i would like to visit UK as well, i am spouse of EU citizen.
Can you please tell me which visa you applied for? and for how long did they give you the permission for?
thanks
koded wrote:
Sorry, just saw your post. you have to apply for "join spouse" and you can find it only when you select "others" from the options in their website. It takes 5 days to get the visa.