ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

expensive English course!!!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dragon2002
Newly Registered

expensive English course!!!

Post by dragon2002 » Thu May 22, 2014 6:57 pm

Hi everybody. Was thinking of applying for a student visa for my brother in law to come from Philippines to the UK. Had a meeting with solicitor and was told he would need to do an 6-11 month English course first. All seemed fine until I looked at the prices of these courses and they are £4500 + !! Anybody got any idea of cheaper courses or colleges that allow study from home. I'm guessing there are loads of places like this in the cities but we are in mid Wales.......

searoze

Re: expensive English course!!!

Post by searoze » Sat May 24, 2014 1:25 am

dragon2002 wrote:Hi everybody. Was thinking of applying for a student visa for my brother in law to come from Philippines to the UK. Had a meeting with solicitor and was told he would need to do an 6-11 month English course first. All seemed fine until I looked at the prices of these courses and they are £4500 + !! Anybody got any idea of cheaper courses or colleges that allow study from home. I'm guessing there are loads of places like this in the cities but we are in mid Wales.......
He doesnt need English course in the UK if he can prove his required English proficiency at time of application in Philippines.

See HERE for full detail.
Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
Please correct me if am wrong