ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got a job in manchester,family resides in london

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oliky
Newly Registered

Got a job in manchester,family resides in london

Post by oliky » Fri May 23, 2014 12:33 am

Hi, i got a good job offer in manchester just one month and half before ILR, i was going to loose my current job already, but my partner resides in london, will the job offer in manchester have an effect on my ILR as i would be apart from my partner sometimes.

spikey

Re: Got a job in manchester,family resides in london

Post by spikey » Sat May 24, 2014 12:32 am

It should not affect your application. You can write a covering letter mentioning this change in your job and also attach the appointment letter of the new job.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 24, 2014 8:57 am

It may affect it unless you can show that the relationship will continue. How often do you intend to visit from Manchester? The case worker's concern will be that once ILR is granted you will no longer live together. You may have to give a reason for your wife not re-locating with you. I'm assuming you're applying for SET(M).
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

oliky
Newly Registered

Post by oliky » Sat May 24, 2014 10:23 am

Yes,it is SET M, the plan is to get some tangible work experience and use this as a platform to get a similar role back in london, but i must get through the probation stage, then i would start looking for similar roles in london as london is way too competitive for similar roles....I will be in london every weekend maybe from thursday evenings as i am allowed to connect to work from home sometimes.If in the event i dont get a job back in london after several interviews she would relocate with me...just need to pass the probation stage first before any relocation because the job is like a break into a better career path and better income.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat May 24, 2014 10:32 am

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.