ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

limited leave to remain

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dragon2002
Newly Registered

limited leave to remain

Post by dragon2002 » Sat May 24, 2014 3:37 pm

Hi, could anybody tell me if a person in the UK on a limited leave to remain visa can bring their unmarried partner to the UK. The person in question has been here 4 years and recently divorced from a british citizen. Due to insufficient documents was only ever given a limited leave to remain visa instead of spouce visa. thanks...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: limited leave to remain

Post by CR001 » Sat May 24, 2014 3:51 pm

the first thing this person has to be able to prove in order to bring the unmarried partner is that they were living together in a relationship akin to marriage for a minimum period of 2 years. If this requirement is not met, the application will be refused.

Does the person have discretionary leave to remain (leave outside the immigration rules)??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: limited leave to remain

Post by Amber » Sat May 24, 2014 3:51 pm

If they are still on 'spouse leave' this will likely be curtailed given that the relationship has ended.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.