ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Swiching Student Visa to Work Permit

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KT917
Newly Registered

Swiching Student Visa to Work Permit

Post by KT917 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:25 am

I am in UK on my student visa which expires in September 2005.
Luckily, my part time employer offered me a full time position, they say they'll take care of my work permit, as well.
My concern is, 1) can I swich my student visa to work permit while my student visa is still valid?
My employer said they would start the process in January 2005, and I might have to go back to my home country to apply work permit.
2) I also wonder if my application is failed, am I able to come back to UK on the valid student visa?

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:54 pm

i am sure there is nothing stopping an employer, applying for a WP for you while you are still on a student visa. i think the only difference will come when it comes to FLR. and depending on what yuour studying, you might not need to go back to your home country.

chealseaforlife
Newly Registered

Post by chealseaforlife » Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:28 pm

Hi,

If you have not yet applied for the 1 year workpermit granted to sudents after schooling, then why dont you do that? This way you will have the required legal status while your employer is processing your papers, and you will not have to leave the country.

chealseaforlife
Newly Registered

Post by chealseaforlife » Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:29 pm

I mean you can apply for the 1 yr workpermit, just before you graduate from school