ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKIP and ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nks

UKIP and ILR

Post by nks » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:23 am

With UKIP popularity growing, this in their manifesto here http://www.ukip.org/content/ukip-polici ... kip-policy

UKIP calls for an immediate five-year freeze on immigration for permanent settlement.

This is worrying. Could that mean no ILR for people who are suppose to get it in 2015 if UKIP make its way.

And can UKIP make its way?

-nks

T1ilr

Post by T1ilr » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:12 pm

Where will you be next year this time?

Even if you say a place are you 100% sure you will be there .

Stop worrying and start enjoying !!!!!!!!

reabs

Re: UKIP and ILR

Post by reabs » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:16 pm

I wouldn't worry. UKIP is a fringe party and will always remain one for the simple reason that the majority of the British people see them for what they are - a single issue extremist party with no real solutions for proper government. They may make significant in-roads at the next general elections but will never govern. I also doubt they could succeed at freezing legacy SET applications - their likely target would be a freeze on pathways leading to SET O/M but not Protection routes.

Thats my two pence worth.

benneviss

Post by benneviss » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:50 pm

UKIP can not have a majority in 2015 , and even whoever gets majority can not change 5 years rule because it was settled by European court in 1993 .

So don not worry , concentrate on your work .

yoshi_jp
Japan

Re: UKIP and ILR

Post by yoshi_jp » Sat May 24, 2014 8:42 pm

Smell the coffee. The three major parties will start sucking up to them. Every MP wants to survive the coming election and keep their perks.

Instead of relying on my dear Polish wife and the EEA2 RC, latter of which I obtained just as an experiment, I might actually acquire an ILR based on my T1(G) by throwing away another £1000+ and piling up a lot of ridiculous documents to prove the purpose of every one of those countless absences from the UK since August 2009, all of which only leads to the glorious privilege of working indefinitely and paying tax that will be mostly dissipated in the web of useless bureaucracy, which is quite well represented by, well, those people absurdly sifting through such proofs of absence.

Instead, of course, I can pack up and F off to Tokyo with all the damn knowledge and skills that I've gained in Europe and compete against various firms including my current employer here, using the R&D budget that is likely to be larger by a few orders of magnitude.

This looks well and truly illogical.