ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

March_LR14

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by March_LR14 » Fri May 23, 2014 10:23 pm

NasirNNN wrote:Hi

just want to share that one of my friend who is not forum member got his ILR(LR)) His timeline is

Applied on: 14/02/14

Approval Letter & documents received:23/05/14

Hopefully all forum members waiting will get their ILR soon

Best of luck
Thanks for sharing the good news.

Your and my timeline is almost same. Hopefully by mid june we will have our approvals Insha Allah.

tuhin

Post by tuhin » Sat May 24, 2014 12:25 am

Dear Experts/ Sr Friends,
this is my 3rd time i'm knocking for an enquiry. plz help my friend if any one know. is this ok if any one who are under 3d can apply 10 years application before 28 days?

some solicitors say ok to apply some not, but in the policy guidance it is mentioned that people can apply 28 days early, ukba don't mention clearly that people who are under 3c or 3d thay can't take this advantage. so i believe 3c/ 3d appellant can apply 28 days early...PLZ SHARE YOUR VIEW.

thanks
:?: :?:

khanzada123

Post by khanzada123 » Sat May 24, 2014 9:38 am

Guys I am new in this forum and wanted to know who is Amber.....Is she a solicitor or immigration advisor bcoz she has got a great knowledge of all immigration rules.

sajjadali707

Post by sajjadali707 » Sat May 24, 2014 10:59 am

shahjee1234 wrote:
zaiby wrote:HI MEMBERS AS DISCUSSED LAST WEEK I CONSULTED WITH MY SOLICITOR WHO IS THE BEST SOLICITORS AND I HAVE ALSO CONSULTED HOME OFFICE BY PHONING THEM AND CAN NOW CONFIRM , THAT IF YOU GET YOUR SET (LR) AFTER 6TH APRIL APPROVED FROM NOW ON THEN YOUR DEPENDENTS HAVE TO SWITCH TO FLR(M) THEN 2.5 YEARS THEN AGAIN 2.5 YEARS ON FLR (M) MEANS YOUR DEPENDENTS HAVE TO WAIT COMPLETE 5 YEARS THEN THEY CAN APPLY FOR ILR , SO I HAVE WITHDRAWN MY APPLICATION AS THROUGH TIER 1 GENERAL ROUTE I AND MY WIFE CAN GET ILR ON THE SAME SAY NEXT YEAR , THE RULES FOR TIER 1 GENERAL IS STILL SAME IF YOUR DEPENDENTS CAME BEFORE 9TH JULY 2012 THEN THEY ONLY HAVE TO SPEND 2 YEARS OR AFTER 9TH JULY 2012 THEN 5 YEARS , IT IS REALLY PAINFUL FOR ME AS I HAVE LOST MY £1093 MONEY.

MY TIME LINES
APPLICATION SUBMITTED : 29TH APRIL 2014
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT RECEIVED : 30TH APRIL 2014
BIO METRIC RECORDED : 17TH MAY 2014
APPLICATION WITHDRAWN : 23RD MAY 2014
WILL APPLY SET(O) THROUGH TIER 1 GENERAL ROUTE NEXT YEAR IN 2015 WITH MY WIFE ON PEO SO WE WILL GET ILR ON THE SAME DAY THROUGH THIS ROUTE, THANKS ALL YOUR SUGGESTION AND ADVICE
ZOHAIB QURESHI
Hi Zohaib,
It is a shame that you have to withdraw you LR application, but as I suggested to you before, I would have done the same. You and your Mrs will get your ILRs the same day next year and no hassle, although you have lost money but at least you realised at the right time to change to a better and safer option.
Thanks a lot for sharing the information, lots of other members who are in the same situation will get benefit from that.
All the best for your future SET(O) applications.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Shah jee
Did u check your special delivery tracking.
Yesterday there was a good news of 14 / 02
Application sent 11/02/2014
Ackn dated. 12/02/2014
Ackn received. 17/02/2014
Bio letter dated. 05/03/2014
Bio letter rcvd. 13/03/2014
Biometric done. 13/03/2014
Approval dated 17/06/2014
BRP received 19/06/2014

northcave

Post by northcave » Sat May 24, 2014 1:03 pm

Hello. I am literally sat here putting together my application.

I have been here since 2002 on one visa or another. Can someone clarify the document I need to put together? At the moment I'm planning on sending in:

SET(O) Version 04/2014 Application Form
Life in the UK Test Results
Biometric ID
Passport, old passport including document showing coming and going over previous 10 years
University Certificate (UK Cardiff in Architecture)
Proof of partnership to a UK citizen
Details of contribution to uk economy as architect
Proof of address / accommodation
Good character statements
Points Calculator? Do I need to complete this for ILR?

Can anyone else think of something I may have missed?

Many thanks

Kara

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

Post by prem_singh123 » Sat May 24, 2014 1:07 pm

Are u applying on the basis of 10 years long residence ??

northcave wrote:Hello. I am literally sat here putting together my application.

I have been here since 2002 on one visa or another. Can someone clarify the document I need to put together? At the moment I'm planning on sending in:

Biometric ID
Passport, old passport including document showing coming and going over previous 10 years

Can anyone else think of something I may have missed?

Many thanks

Kara

northcave

Post by northcave » Sat May 24, 2014 1:23 pm

prem_singh123 wrote:Are u applying on the basis of 10 years long residence ??
Yes I am. Sorry I should have said :)

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

Post by prem_singh123 » Sat May 24, 2014 2:17 pm

In that case you have to use form Set LR not Set (O)
Plus all your passports covering 10 years, life in the UK certificate original and English language which can be either a UK degree. That's all you need to send
Hope that helps

northcave wrote:
prem_singh123 wrote:Are u applying on the basis of 10 years long residence ??
Yes I am. Sorry I should have said :)

amason

Post by amason » Sat May 24, 2014 2:20 pm

[quote="northcave"]Hello. I am literally sat here putting together my application.

Biometric ID

the form is SET (LR) if by long residency

below not necessary

C

northcave

Post by northcave » Sat May 24, 2014 2:24 pm

prem_singh123 wrote:In that case you have to use form Set LR not Set (O)
Plus all your passports covering 10 years, life in the UK certificate original and English language which can be either a UK degree. That's all you need to send
Hope that helps
That does help thanks!

I think I will send everything I have anyway just in case unless you think it would count against me?

sajjadali707

Post by sajjadali707 » Sat May 24, 2014 2:37 pm

northcave wrote:
Hope that helps
That does help thanks!

I think I will send everything I have anyway just in case unless you think it would count against me?
Dear
If you go to couple of previous pages , u read about debouy.
He sent SET O and he got three years visa instead of ILR with an option to reapply on SET LR.
Application sent 11/02/2014
Ackn dated. 12/02/2014
Ackn received. 17/02/2014
Bio letter dated. 05/03/2014
Bio letter rcvd. 13/03/2014
Biometric done. 13/03/2014
Approval dated 17/06/2014
BRP received 19/06/2014

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sat May 24, 2014 3:28 pm

northcave wrote:
Hope that helps
That does help thanks!

Hi northcave,
First thing first is SET(O) is the wrong form, Sajjidali has rightly warned you that one of the member in the forum applied through SET(O) and he wasn't granted the ILR he was granted discretionary leave for 3 years, so the right application forms for you is SET(LR)
Remember the simplest your application is, the easiest it is to get the visa. Why are you attaching documents with your application that the Home Office have never asked you for. Just attach all your passports, biometric card, life in UK test result, and. UK university degree or English language course result. I hope it helps.
Kind regards

Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sat May 24, 2014 3:41 pm

sajjadali707 wrote: Shah jee
Did u check your special delivery tracking.
Yesterday there was a good news of 14 / 02
Hi Sajjadali,
Bahi jee no luck, I checked the special delivery reference number but nothing yet. Called the Home Office Friday afternoon and the application is still not complete. Looks like Home Office is gone on a snooze :D
By the time they come back to work next week, and if we are lucky than we are looking at the next weekend. Members who applied in March are easily looking at July results the way this is going. Seriously disappointed at Home Office performance :(
Let's see what the new week will bring. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Zzee
Newly Registered

Post by Zzee » Sat May 24, 2014 8:03 pm

Hi Zohaib,
I hope u are well pls check the information below before u withdraw Ur application.

Re: pre july 2012 PBS dependants - Petition
by Zzee » Sat May 24, 2014 11:02 am

by rmkirfan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:53 pm

KASHIF830 wrote:
Hi Friends,

Just let you know guys regarding 6th April changes for dependents of 10 years ILR. One of my friends got ILR on 10 years basis he was on Tier 1 General and his wife was dependent as Tier 1 general entered in the UK before 9th July 2012. He applied FLR M after 6th April 2014 at PEO Croydon and got 2 years visa after getting BRB I think after one week he applied SET M at PEO Croydon and got ILR.

Thanks
kashif

Wow thats great news. Above experience might clear most confusions.
I believe the same, Transitional arrangements still reserved for Pre July 2012 dependants. Just waiting for my ILR and few more experiences.

Cheers for sharing.

northcave

Post by northcave » Sat May 24, 2014 8:28 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
northcave wrote:
Hope that helps
That does help thanks!

Hi northcave,
First thing first is SET(O) is the wrong form, Sajjidali has rightly warned you that one of the member in the forum applied through SET(O) and he wasn't granted the ILR he was granted discretionary leave for 3 years, so the right application forms for you is SET(LR)
Remember the simplest your application is, the easiest it is to get the visa. Why are you attaching documents with your application that the Home Office have never asked you for. Just attach all your passports, biometric card, life in UK test result, and. UK university degree or English language course result. I hope it helps.
Kind regards

Shahjee

Thanks. However, since my last visa is a discretionary leave to remain based on partnership (won in court) are you sure I don't need to provide proof that I am still with that partner and that my current visa remains valid?

itsarif

Post by itsarif » Sat May 24, 2014 9:35 pm

I need some urgent help please,

Today i received a letter from HO on my wife's Flr(m) saying that your application falls to be refused because you do not meet the income threshold of 18600, but your application has been put on hold until the courts have decided the outcome of appeal of challenge of income threshold requirement.

I got ilr on the basis of 10 years last december. My wife was my dependent on tier 4 visa since 2011.

I applied for her visa on 3rd of april. so she should come under old rules & only need to show maintenance.

Should i write to HO requesting review of her application under old rules?

Any advice please.

Arif

supers
Newly Registered

10 Years long residence applications

Post by supers » Sat May 24, 2014 10:30 pm

Hello super ,

Can we know your timeline please ?

I also had a invalid application due to the payment long time back in 2007 for which i don't have any HO letters with me at the moment , probably i have thrown them away during house moved ....bit worrying about it though ...

thanks
My timeline:
ILR applied: 05/08/2013
Bio done: 15/08/2013
Refused: 19/12/2013
Appeal Allowed: 20/03/2014
Approval: Waiting
BRP: Waiting

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sat May 24, 2014 10:50 pm

Zzee wrote:Hi Zohaib,
I hope u are well pls check the information below before u withdraw Ur application.

KASHIF830 wrote:
Hi Friends,

Just let you know guys regarding 6th April changes for dependents of 10 years ILR. One of my friends got ILR on 10 years basis he was on Tier 1 General and his wife was dependent as Tier 1 general entered in the UK before 9th July 2012. He applied FLR M after 6th April 2014 at PEO Croydon and got 2 years visa after getting BRB I think after one week he applied SET M at PEO Croydon and got ILR.

Thanks
kashif

I believe the same, Transitional arrangements still reserved for Pre July 2012 dependants. Just waiting for my ILR and few more experiences.

Cheers for sharing.
Hi All,
I applied for my wife and daughters FLR(M) on the 02nd of April 2014, since than they received acknowledgement and have recorded their biometric. They received a letter from the Home Office today informing them that their application will be put on hold till the main sponsor(Mine) ILR case is decided, but there is a paragraph in there which indicates that the pre and post 09th July 2012 is still active, it says

The immigration rules (pre and post 09th July 2012)States that your spouse should be settled in United Kingdom and that is mandatory requirement.
Pre-09 July 2012 Immigration rules:
Paragraph 284. The requirements for an extension of stay as the spouse or civil partner of a person present and settled in the United Kingdom are that
(ii) the applicant is married to or the civil partner of a person present and settled in the United Kingdom;
Post-09 July 2012(Appendix FM)- Eligibility requirements:
Relationship requirements

E-LTRP.1.2. The applicant's partner must be-
(a) a British Citizen in the UK;
(b) present and settled in the UK; or
(c) in the UK with refugee leave or as a person with humanitarian protection.

So guys make up your mind, will be waiting for you guys take on this.
Kind regards
Shahjee[/b

die_hard

Post by die_hard » Sat May 24, 2014 11:22 pm

Hi Shahjee,

What does that mean or imply ?
shahjee1234 wrote:

KASHIF830 wrote:
Hi Friends,

Thanks
kashif

Cheers for sharing.
Hi All,
I applied for my wife and daughters FLR(M) on the 02nd of April 2014, since than they received acknowledgement and have recorded their biometric. They received a letter from the Home Office today informing them that their application will be put on hold till the main sponsor(Mine) ILR case is decided, but there is a paragraph in there which indicates that the pre and post 09th July 2012 is still active, it says

The immigration rules (pre and post 09th July 2012)States that your spouse should be settled in United Kingdom and that is mandatory requirement.
Paragraph 284. The requirements for an extension of stay as the spouse or civil partner of a person present and settled in the United Kingdom are that
(ii) the applicant is married to or the civil partner of a person present and settled in the United Kingdom;

Kind regards
Shahjee[/b

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sat May 24, 2014 11:34 pm

My wife flr(M) approved this week .

Applied on 2nd April 2014.

My income is more than the limit. But I do not know how they take decision.

itsarif wrote:I need some urgent help please,

Today i received a letter from HO on my wife's Flr(m) saying that your application falls to be refused because you do not meet the income threshold of 18600, but your application has been put on hold until the courts have decided the outcome of appeal of challenge of income threshold requirement.

I got ilr on the basis of 10 years last december. My wife was my dependent on tier 4 visa since 2011.

I applied for her visa on 3rd of april. so she should come under old rules & only need to show maintenance.

Should i write to HO requesting review of her application under old rules?

Any advice please.

Arif

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat May 24, 2014 11:40 pm

Yes, you should write to the HO and ask them to consider her under Part 8 as she applied before 6 April 2014.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

allwell46
United Kingdom

Post by allwell46 » Sun May 25, 2014 9:13 am

Hello shahjee123 and others

I have received the same letter regarding my mrs flr m application applied on 3 apr 2014. Although we had attached a cover letter with application requesting them to put mrs application on hold untill they decide on my set lr application applied on 26 feb 2014.

Can someone please advise, do we need to respond to ho or not.

Regards

Also plz add my time line

Set lr sent. 26 feb 2014
Bio matric. Done
Brp. Waiting
Decision. Waiting

Mrs flr m sent. 3 apr 2014
Bio matric. Done
Brp. Waiting
Decision. Waiting

shahjee1234 wrote:

KASHIF830 wrote:
Hi Friends,

Thanks
kashif

Cheers for sharing.
Hi All,

Kind regards
Shahjee[/b

Abdoul1979

Post by Abdoul1979 » Sun May 25, 2014 9:47 am

Hi please need help feeling form FLR(M) after I had my ILR on 15/05/2014
We got 2 kids but not applying with their mum as I have send there application for registration as BC.
1-Do we hav to say she got kids in section 4 question 4.1 even that she is applying alone ? Or just leave all that section blank .?
2- do I need to fill section 7b if I already satisfy section 7a requirement of the £18,600 ( salary above 20k)?
Thanks a lot for anyone answer

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sun May 25, 2014 11:33 am

For Q1)
I do not fill the child details ,only write that child has applied for register as BC
Abdoul1979 wrote:Hi please need help feeling form FLR(M) after I had my ILR on 15/05/2014
We got 2 kids but not applying with their mum as I have send there application for registration as BC.
1-Do we hav to say she got kids in section 4 question 4.1 even that she is applying alone ? Or just leave all that section blank .?
2- do I need to fill section 7b if I already satisfy section 7a requirement of the £18,600 ( salary above 20k)?

Abdoul1979

Post by Abdoul1979 » Sun May 25, 2014 1:00 pm

Hi please need help feeling form FLR(M) after I had my ILR on 15/05/2014