ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General license increase for tier 2 A sponsor

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Porus

Tier 2 General license increase for tier 2 A sponsor

Post by Porus » Sat May 24, 2014 11:31 am

Hi , I have been offered teacher of maths (SOC skill set) position in a tier 2 A sponsor school and the management has said they have license for 2 COS which have been used and they have asked for 3rd license to apply a COS for me. School manager has said it will take 3 weeks for Home office to respond to their request and only then school will update me .Its almost nearing 3 weeks from my last interaction with school manager and I would request experts in this forum to provide inputs on my following queries. 1) what are the chances that home office grants or declines increase of license for a tier 2 A sponsor school for a SOC skill set position?
2) What is the maximum time one should expect from Home office for their response to increase in license?
3) IF license is granted ,how many days it will take for COS to be granted after application from school ?
4) I am holding Tier 2 ICT short term partner visa and whether license application be delayed based on my current visa status ?

Kindly respond as my joining date is just 20 days away and I have to plan for relocation and my kid's nursery admission etc .

Jeeves

Re: Tier 2 General license increase for tier 2 A sponsor

Post by Jeeves » Sat May 24, 2014 7:16 pm

If you're in the UK as a Tier 2 dependant you will need a Restricted Certificate - these are issued once a month on the 11th (deadline for requests is the 5th).

Is this what your employer has asked for?

Also, are you aware that you'll have to go home to apply?

Porus

Re: Tier 2 General license increase for tier 2 A sponsor

Post by Porus » Sun May 25, 2014 12:43 am

Hi Jeeves, Thanks for your inputs. I have emailed my visa page (tier 2 ict partner) on 5th may and school manager suggested it would take 3 weeks .Looks like he has not submitted for license extension by 5th and hence i didnt get any response yet . So as per your inputs I would be getting a response from UKBA only by 11th June?. My school manager is aware that I will be applying Visa from India once I receive the COS .School manager has suggested me to join as soon as possible and apply visa from India on term holidays (july 15 -aug 31st) and return on september 14. Can you please provide some inputs on my queries please? . Thanks.