ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sameena akhtar
Member of Standing

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Sameena akhtar » Sat May 24, 2014 9:51 am

rabia shhafqat wrote:application submitted : 29th April 2014
submitted at: Lahore visa center
visa granted : 20th may 2014
Wow mashAllah so fast, could you provide us with a list of the documents u sent in please.

Nadizee

Post by Nadizee » Sat May 24, 2014 10:15 am

Sameena akhtar wrote:
Wow mashAllah so fast, could you provide us with a list of the documents u sent in please.
Wow congrats ,,,,, it's gr8 mash Allah ,,,wht u hav done how it's sooo quick,,,,,,,

maha15
Newly Registered

Post by maha15 » Sat May 24, 2014 10:58 am

Hey i need help!!

i submitted my documents for settlement visa on 6 may 2014 at karachi application centre. Still i cant track my application on vfs global website, it always say invalid search. has anyone an idea whats wrong with it??

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Sat May 24, 2014 1:03 pm

Same thing happened with most of us a while ago,
Try this link maha, someone posted it here before

https://www.vfsglobal.org/ukg-passportt ... HqXg%3d%3d

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Sat May 24, 2014 1:07 pm

Ukvi still haven't emailed me back, first time they replied by 3 days!
My dads decided to get mp involved, :? Let u guys know what happens soon!

yasen

Post by yasen » Sun May 25, 2014 10:31 am

shah1991 wrote:
Nadizee wrote:
shah1991 wrote:congratulations who got their papers and ahmed brother you rather make fresh application appeal will take years and money new applications get replies much quicker according to posts. its been 43 days since i sent additional documents should i make my MP send BHC email? she is gauri very good women.

43 dayssssss tooo much O my God y they taking too much time for????i thnk u should defiantly ask ur Mp for help,,,,,
what should i ask my mp to do to email them? should i add my medical conditions would that make any effect i am suffering epilepsy and amnesia ? what did you guys ask your mp?

salaam brother you doing dla visa ive applied fr my wife to under dla

yasen

Post by yasen » Sun May 25, 2014 10:31 am

shah1991 wrote:
Nadizee wrote:
shah1991 wrote:congratulations who got their papers and ahmed brother you rather make fresh application appeal will take years and money new applications get replies much quicker according to posts. its been 43 days since i sent additional documents should i make my MP send BHC email? she is gauri very good women.

43 dayssssss tooo much O my God y they taking too much time for????i thnk u should defiantly ask ur Mp for help,,,,,
what should i ask my mp to do to email them? should i add my medical conditions would that make any effect i am suffering epilepsy and amnesia ? what did you guys ask your mp?

salaam brother you doing dla visa ive applied fr my wife to under dla

Majy05

Post by Majy05 » Sun May 25, 2014 3:16 pm

Salaam Peepz

Does any1 know how long does it take after bhc recieving additional documents they make a decision, been waiting over 8 months now....

rabia shhafqat
Newly Registered

Post by rabia shhafqat » Sun May 25, 2014 4:37 pm

Nadizee wrote:
Sameena akhtar wrote:
Wow congrats ,,,,, it's gr8 mash Allah ,,,wht u hav done how it's sooo quick,,,,,,,
sure I would love to help others because i can relate its damn difficult to wait

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Sun May 25, 2014 9:41 pm

Majy05 wrote:Salaam Peepz

Does any1 know how long does it take after bhc recieving additional documents they make a decision, been waiting over 8 months now....
The longest they take is approximately 2 months to make decision after sending further docs, the lowest time they take is around 1-3 weeks.

I advise if you have waited more than 2 months since you sent them docs, then contact them via email to the visaenquiries email address asking whether they have made decision on your application or not based on further docs sent.
Submitted Application: Feb 2012
Application Refused: Jul 2012
Appealed: Unsuccessfull
Reapplied: 27th Sep 2013
Application hold - Jan 2014
RFC: 26th August 2014
Result: Alhamdulillah Visa Granted - All thanks to Allah and your prayers

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Sun May 25, 2014 9:42 pm

Congratulations !
Submitted Application: Feb 2012
Application Refused: Jul 2012
Appealed: Unsuccessfull
Reapplied: 27th Sep 2013
Application hold - Jan 2014
RFC: 26th August 2014
Result: Alhamdulillah Visa Granted - All thanks to Allah and your prayers

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Mon May 26, 2014 1:53 pm

Just an update on my wife's application. I payed and got an appointment for next week to submit the documents at Mirpur. There is no priority service option when it comes to paying online, and Mirpur only accepts online payment now, (no payment in person).

The amount is of £885. Hope this information helps anyone who will be applying through Mirpur and expecting a priority service.

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Mon May 26, 2014 1:59 pm

prayforus wrote:Just an update on my wife's application. I payed and got an appointment for next week to submit the documents at Mirpur. There is no priority service option when it comes to paying online, and Mirpur only accepts online payment now, (no payment in person).

The amount is of £885. Hope this information helps anyone who will be applying through Mirpur and expecting a priority service.

All the best! I'll be applying soon too in shaa Allah. can u make a list of the docz u applied with on here plz?
Applied online 15/9/15
Biometrics mirpur 17/9/15
Documents confirmation November

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Mon May 26, 2014 2:06 pm

HELLO786 wrote:
prayforus wrote:Just an update on my wife's application. I payed and got an appointment for next week to submit the documents at Mirpur. There is no priority service option when it comes to paying online, and Mirpur only accepts online payment now, (no payment in person).

All the best! I'll be applying soon too in shaa Allah. can u make a list of the docz u applied with on here plz?

Page 423 of this thread will show the documents I applied with. It won't be the same for everyone as some people will not be applying through the categories I have. It'll give a general idea on what is needed.

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Mon May 26, 2014 2:06 pm

Doubepost.

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Mon May 26, 2014 2:13 pm

Best of luck. if you meet the requirement its best to re-apply like you have.
May Allah grant you success in your application this time .Ameen
Real shame there is no priority service a available, nevertheless applications from March onwards are being processed much quicker now.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Called for Interview 3rd July 2014
ALHAMDHULILLAH VISA GRANTED SAME DAY
Total 117 working days

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Mon May 26, 2014 2:20 pm

musriz wrote:

Best of luck. if you meet the requirement its best to re-apply like you have.
May Allah grant you success in your application this time .Ameen
Real shame there is no priority service a available, nevertheless applications from March onwards are being processed much quicker now.
Musriz, I do know I meet the requirement now. Before we had rushed it, and overlooked a few things, which shouldn't have happened. I have made everything a lot more clearer. It was clear enough in the last application, although this time I've dimwitted it down even more so that a 3 year old child should be able to understand it.

May Allah grant everyone's application success. We are all in this together.

They did keep some documents of ours so definitely must have a record of our first application. It wasn't refused, it was put on hold. I have attached the 'reason for holding' document to our new application so they understand why we are re-applying, and how we meet the requirement now which we didn't last time. Should be clear as day for them.

Praying for a 2 week turn-around. :lol:

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Mon May 26, 2014 2:30 pm

mooty wrote:Thank you for your inputs. The lowest salary I have received is £0.00. I am weekly paid. I am under the impression that due to the nature of employment (non-salaried) I should be able to accumulate 26 payslips (6 months)x2. Even the guidelines indicate that. Even there is an example scenario in the guidelines where the applicant has only received £150 salary for the week due to Annual leave related matter. Applicant was allowed to accumulate his weekly wages and then multiply by 2. I guess that if someone is in Salaried employment then the case worker benchmark his lowest salary month. For me it's difficult to establish that what constitute salaried employment? I have obtained a letter from my manager stating that I am non-salaried employee. my wages varies immensely due to overtime, allowances etc. I am still in a limbo. Not sure what to do who to consult! :(
Mooty, I applied via non-salaried employment. You can use Category A as long as your 6 months payslips average £1550 or over, you should be fine. As what they do is take an average of your 6 months payslips and multiply by 12. They do not take the lowest payslip like they do for salaried employment.

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Mon May 26, 2014 2:55 pm

prayforus wrote:
mooty wrote:Thank you for your inputs. The lowest salary I have received is £0.00. I am weekly paid. I am under the impression that due to the nature of employment (non-salaried) I should be able to accumulate 26 payslips (6 months)x2. Even the guidelines indicate that. Even there is an example scenario in the guidelines where the applicant has only received £150 salary for the week due to Annual leave related matter. Applicant was allowed to accumulate his weekly wages and then multiply by 2. I guess that if someone is in Salaried employment then the case worker benchmark his lowest salary month. For me it's difficult to establish that what constitute salaried employment? I have obtained a letter from my manager stating that I am non-salaried employee. my wages varies immensely due to overtime, allowances etc. I am still in a limbo. Not sure what to do who to consult! :(
Mooty, I applied via non-salaried employment. You can use Category A as long as your 6 months payslips average £1550 or over, you should be fine. As what they do is take an average of your 6 months payslips and multiply by 12. They do not take the lowest payslip like they do for salaried employment.
For Cat A they take the lowest payslip for salaried employment.
Cat B is for those whose salaries vary so mainly foe non salaried jobs.. here they average it out.

Please be very careful when giving out advice as in Cat A they do not average it out. Full details are crystal clear in their Financial requirements guidance on their website.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Mon May 26, 2014 3:07 pm

musriz wrote:
Cat B is for those whose salaries vary so mainly foe non salaried jobs.. here they average it out.

Please be very careful when giving out advice as in Cat A they do not average it out. Full details are crystal clear in their Financial requirements guidance on their website.

For CAT A they take the lowest payslip for salaried employment - yes.
CAT B is for those who who meet the requirement by having 12 months payslips, or who have had 2 jobs which have earned them £18,600 over the year.

CAT A allows non-salaried employment.
5.1.4 The only difference in Category A between salaried and non-salaried employment is how gross annual salary or employment income is calculated:

Where the person is in salaried employment – they must have been paid throughout the period of 6 months prior to the date of application at a level of gross annual salary which equals or exceeds the level relied upon in the application. Therefore the figure used towards the requirement will be the lowest level of annual salary received during the 6 month period.

Where the person is in non-salaried employment – the level of gross annual employment income relied upon in the application will be the annual equivalent of the person‟s average gross monthly income from non-salaried employment in the 6 months prior to the date of application (where that employment was held throughout that period).

To calculate this annualised average for non-salaried employment in Category A the following calculation should be used:
(Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by 6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards the financial requirement.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 140324.pdf

I'm certain I am right as we applied this way last time. We had no problem as it wasn't mentioned in our holding letter. Only that our savings did not meet the requirement it needed to.

They also give an example in example C for CAT A for non-salaried employment.

Example (c) The applicant‟s partner is in non-salaried employment in the UK. He works on a weekly rota basis and does not receive any paid holidays. He has earned £450 each week in the same job for the last 7 calendar months, except for the week prior to the date of application when he earned £150 owing to a holiday.

Non-salaried income = (gross earnings from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by 6) x 12
= ((25 weeks x 450 + 1 week x 150) ÷ 6) x 12
= (11,400 ÷ 6) x 12 = £22,800

So the financial requirement is met through Category A non-salaried employment.

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Mon May 26, 2014 3:19 pm

prayforus wrote:
musriz wrote:

For CAT A they take the lowest payslip for salaried employment - yes.
CAT B is for those who who meet the requirement by having 12 months payslips, or who have had 2 jobs which have earned them £18,600 over the year.

CAT A allows non-salaried employment.
5.1.4 The only difference in Category A between salaried and non-salaried employment is how gross annual salary or employment income is calculated:

Where the person is in salaried employment – they must have been paid throughout the period of 6 months prior to the date of application at a level of gross annual salary which equals or exceeds the level relied upon in the application. Therefore the figure used towards the requirement will be the lowest level of annual salary received during the 6 month period.

Where the person is in non-salaried employment – the level of gross annual employment income relied upon in the application will be the annual equivalent of the person‟s average gross monthly income from non-salaried employment in the 6 months prior to the date of application (where that employment was held throughout that period).

To calculate this annualised average for non-salaried employment in Category A the following calculation should be used:
(Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by 6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards the financial requirement.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 140324.pdf

I'm certain I am right as we applied this way last time. We had no problem as it wasn't mentioned in our holding letter. Only that our savings did not meet the requirement it needed to.

They also give an example in example C for CAT A for non-salaried employment.

Example (c) The applicant‟s partner is in non-salaried employment in the UK. He works on a weekly rota basis and does not receive any paid holidays. He has earned £450 each week in the same job for the last 7 calendar months, except for the week prior to the date of application when he earned £150 owing to a holiday.

Non-salaried income = (gross earnings from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by 6) x 12
= ((25 weeks x 450 + 1 week x 150) ÷ 6) x 12
= (11,400 ÷ 6) x 12 = £22,800

So the financial requirement is met through Category A non-salaried employment.
Thankyou for sharing that. He can apply in Cat A with non salaried employment.
So many ppl have made mistakes thinking salaried employment is averaged out over the 6 months . And ppl have been refused over a shortfall of few pounds.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Mon May 26, 2014 4:02 pm

Salaried employment is not averaged out as far as I know and have seen online from other people's cases. £1550 is the minimum a sponsor needs to earn before tax to meet the requirement with salaried employment and CAT A.

Musriz, I would not give wrong advice, I do not even give advice unless I state that it is advice. I merely, just give an opinion, and experience from what I have done to give another member on here another avenue to investigate.

Oh and I know the full details are clear on the Annex FM form. That's why I posted the links and quotes to back my statement up. :mrgreen:

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Mon May 26, 2014 4:16 pm

Just wanted to make something clear. I wondered why it didn't mention about priority, it seems like you have to find this link on the site. https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/ShoppingCar ... /Home.aspx

Then follow the procedures, I couldn't find anything for 'spouse visa', so opted for settlement, then settlement wife. Again, no priority service was shown, only premium lounge for Mirpur. Hope this clears it up.

iffi
Newly Registered

Post by iffi » Mon May 26, 2014 4:56 pm

Hi All,

Can someone help me me to find TB test clinic in gujranwala pakistan ?

Thanks

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Mon May 26, 2014 5:15 pm

prayforus wrote:Salaried employment is not averaged out as far as I know and have seen online from other people's cases. £1550 is the minimum a sponsor needs to earn before tax to meet the requirement with salaried employment and CAT A.

Musriz, I would not give wrong advice, I do not even give advice unless I state that it is advice. I merely, just give an opinion, and experience from what I have done to give another member on here another avenue to investigate.

Oh and I know the full details are clear on the Annex FM form. That's why I posted the links and quotes to back my statement up. :mrgreen:
Thank you for clarifying even my understanding of each Category. Even I didnt know cat A was for salaried and non salaried employment. I didnt mean to offend you in any way. Khair hopefully Mooty will be a bit more clearer in this matter now.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days