ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can my wife visit me?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cipher
Newly Registered

Can my wife visit me?

Post by cipher » Sun May 25, 2014 1:58 am

Hello folks,

I am an Indian national currently in the UK on a Tier 1 (General) visa. I got married in April to Cristina, an american citizen. Now I am aware that she can visit the UK for a period of 6 months without having to apply for a specific visa. In the past getting through immigration wasn't an issue for her. But I am not wondering that given the change in our circumstances, the immigration officer might be a bit more concerned that she might overstay. She isn't intending to stay for more than 3 months. She has just finished her university degree and is waiting to attempt her MCAT exam to get into a med school. I intend to move to the US next year (Hence why I didn't bother getting her a Tier 1 Dependent visa). What should she say to the immigration officer? We got married in the US but haven't registered our marriage in the UK. I don't particularly want her to lie to the immigration officer saying that we are just dating and have no plans to get engaged yet, but on the other hand I am worried that if she says that she is married to me, they might put her on a flight back to the US (even though she has a return ticket for the end of August 2014)

I would be very grateful for any advice.

Regards

Alex

mightypower

Re: Can my wife visit me?

Post by mightypower » Sun May 25, 2014 10:27 pm

If you are that worried, if you dont sponsor her she will not be asked any questions regarding you because they wouldnt know. she can apply as a tourist visa and dont have to answer anyting about u.

I dont think it will be a problem anyway.

cipher
Newly Registered

Post by cipher » Sun May 25, 2014 10:32 pm

Hello

@mightypower : Thank you. Considering that she was in the UK in the recent past and she stated that she was visiting me (her boyfriend - back then), I am concerned that they might ask her if she was planning to get married or get engaged in the UK, specially since she is planning to come here for a 3 month period.

If she said that she was visiting her husband, are they likely to stop her from getting in to the UK?

Thank you again for your kind reply.

Regards

Alex

mightypower

Post by mightypower » Mon May 26, 2014 7:23 am

Cipher

It shouldnt be a problem at Immigration. If asked best thing is tell them the truth, that you both are not intending to live in UK for long and she willl be here for only 3 months hence a visitor visa, you shouldnt be having any problems.