ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What if ceremony missed

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pasha44
Newly Registered

What if ceremony missed

Post by pasha44 » Sun May 25, 2014 12:10 pm

Hi all,
Asking this for one of my friends.he applied for naturalisation a few month ago.after applying through NCS he left for Pakistan and came back after three months.in the meanwhile his application was approved and he was invited by the council for the ceremony,which he has missed,as he came back to uk when the ceremony date was passed by a few days.all this happened so quicly(which he was not expecting so quick)
The question is what he can do know?can he arrange a private ceremony?or he has to apply again for naturalisation ?

Many thanks

akash08

Re: What if ceremony missed

Post by akash08 » Sun May 25, 2014 1:06 pm

If it is more than 3 months since his date of naturalisation (certificate date), he has to apply for naturalisation again.

Otherwise, just book a private or public ceremony within the 3 months deadline.

pasha44
Newly Registered

Post by pasha44 » Mon May 26, 2014 11:34 am

Hi
Does this mean 3 months after naturalisation is approved?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 26, 2014 11:46 am

You have to attend the ceremony within 3 months of receiving your approval letter.

Why didn't you have someone checking your mail while you were away?

If you don't attend in the timeframe, the council will send your certificate back to HO.

If your friend is still within the 3 months from date of approval letter, I would advise him to get in touch with the council urgently.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.