ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IRL application for Spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ddontamsetti
Newly Registered

IRL application for Spouse

Post by ddontamsetti » Thu May 15, 2014 3:02 pm

Dear experts,

I am hoping you can help/clarify couple of things for my wife's ILR application. I have done the research and I have even spoken to UKBA but their reply seems to confuse me a bit further.

My wife received her dependent visa in June 2012 and she has arrived in UK in 15th June 2012. I have applied for my ILR in October 2012 and at the same time my wife has extended her visa until 01/11/2015 (PBS Dependent). I have acquired British Citizenship in March 2014.

The question I am trying to clarify are

1. Eligible to apply for ILR on 15th June 2014.
2. Able to apply in person 28 days before 15th June 2014?
3. Application form is SET (O)
4. I am receiving child benefit for my new born which is under my name so this should not have an impact on my wife application under "public funds" section?

She has taken IELTS (Academic) test in Sept 2012 and has a score of 6 and has passed Life in the UK test recently.

We have necessary documents to show that we are living together.

We are trying to apply in person on the 30/05 so I want to make sure that she eligible to apply under old rules of 2 year and we are using the right documentation. If you can kindly comment/clarify on the above queries that would be great.

Thanks,
D

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: IRL application for Spouse

Post by Amber » Thu May 15, 2014 4:03 pm

Should be eligible from 28 days before 15th June 2014, SET(O) is correct.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ddontamsetti
Newly Registered

Re: IRL application for Spouse

Post by ddontamsetti » Tue May 27, 2014 10:48 am

Thank you for your reply Amber.

I have couple more questions on the application form that I am hoping you would be able to clarify.

I am the main income source and my wife is currently on the maternity leave starting 01/12/2013 and receiving SMP. I wanted to get some clarification for the following sections

Section 5.3 - Are you working in the UK. - My wife used to work before but she is on maternity leave from 01/12/2013 and is not intending to go back. Should the answer be yes or no to this question if it is "yes" the sebsequent question "what is you pay each month after tax"? Should the answer be SMP that my wife is currently receiving or should it be the pay that she received before she went on maternity leave?

Section 5.6 - I am the main income earner so we are showing my salary. Should we also declare the SMP that my wife is currently receiving or can we leave the SMP bit out?

Section 5.8 - if we have to declare the that my wife was working in 5.3 we are able to proive the birth cirtificate proof but my wife was working as a contractor so the payslips are just a printout from the website. Are the printout's accepted along with the original bank statements?

I would be grateful if you can clarify the above.

many thanks