ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 visa change due to new employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aglaya
Newly Registered

Tier 2 visa change due to new employer

Post by aglaya » Fri May 23, 2014 4:34 pm

Hi,

I am very sorry if this was discussed before and I couldn't find the appropriate thread for it.
I am currently in Tier 2 visa but I am thinking of switching the jobs and I am slightly confused about the application process:
1) Do I need to fill out the same application form as I did when I applied originally?
2) If yes, do I need to provide documents for every statement again? I am particularly interested in maintenance funds where I needed to have above 900 pounds in my bank account for a period if at least 3 months.
3) If yes, are there any other options to satisfy that requirement? (Eg another sum for a smaller period or sponsor?)
4) Does the new company have to do a market research for my position? (My current employer did not have to because I was a graduate of UK university and applied from within UK).

Thank you very much.

t2ict

Re: Tier 2 visa change due to new employer

Post by t2ict » Fri May 23, 2014 5:16 pm

aglaya wrote:Hi,

I am very sorry if this was discussed before and I couldn't find the appropriate thread for it.
I am currently in Tier 2 visa but I am thinking of switching the jobs and I am slightly confused about the application process:
1) Do I need to fill out the same application form as I did when I applied originally? YES
2) If yes, do I need to provide documents for every statement again? I am particularly interested in maintenance funds where I needed to have above 900 pounds in my bank account for a period if at least 3 months.
As you're already a tier-2 migrant in the UK, you don't require to provide maintenance funds proof (i.e., it's only for out-of country applications). Refer page no. 32 & section 154 of the below Tier-2 policy guidance document:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-14.pdf
The first section of 154 applies to you and it says '10 points' will be awarded automatically, if you are already in the UK with a leave to remain status in any of the Tier-2 skilled worker visa.

3) If yes, are there any other options to satisfy that requirement? (Eg another sum for a smaller period or sponsor?)
4) Does the new company have to do a market research for my position? (My current employer did not have to because I was a graduate of UK university and applied from within UK). If ur job requirement is in UKBA's shortage list of occupations(SOC), then you could go with un-restricted CoS, otherwise need a restricted CoS

Thank you very much.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri May 23, 2014 7:31 pm

1) https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-14.pdf
or online

4) for the change of employment application you will need an unrestricted CoS and the sponsor has to do a RLMT (unless an exemption applies)

onlooker

Post by onlooker » Mon May 26, 2014 12:24 am

I just went through this process. If you have a valid Tier 2 visa at the time of your application you automatically satisfy the maintenance requirement. No need to worry about your bank account, or even sponsor's maintenance certification.

Some people at HO may not be aware of that though. I actually had a caseworker phone me and ask for an explanation which I gave and all went fine. Удачи ;)

rex90

Post by rex90 » Tue May 27, 2014 2:04 pm

onlooker wrote:I just went through this process. If you have a valid Tier 2 visa at the time of your application you automatically satisfy the maintenance requirement. No need to worry about your bank account, or even sponsor's maintenance certification.

Some people at HO may not be aware of that though. I actually had a caseworker phone me and ask for an explanation which I gave and all went fine. Удачи ;)
Hi, wow it's so rare to come across someone that has gone through this process. Congrats! Did your new employer do RLMT? thanks

onlooker

Post by onlooker » Tue May 27, 2014 6:39 pm

Yes, they done the RLMT.