ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

musriz
Member of Standing

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by musriz » Mon May 26, 2014 5:18 pm

prayforus wrote:
prayforus wrote:Just an update on my wife's application. I payed and got an appointment for next week to submit the documents at Mirpur. There is no priority service option when it comes to paying online, and Mirpur only accepts online payment now, (no payment in person).

The amount is of £885. Hope this information helps anyone who will be applying through Mirpur and expecting a priority service.
Just wanted to make something clear. I wondered why it didn't mention about priority, it seems like you have to find this link on the site. https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/ShoppingCar ... /Home.aspx

Then follow the procedures, I couldn't find anything for 'spouse visa', so opted for settlement, then settlement wife. Again, no priority service was shown, only premium lounge for Mirpur. Hope this clears it up.
I remember Zeeh posting some screenshots showing priority service is available when you apply. Now your the 2nd person on here who has recently applied and confirmed its not.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Called for Interview 3rd July 2014
ALHAMDHULILLAH VISA GRANTED SAME DAY
Total 117 working days

mooty

Post by mooty » Mon May 26, 2014 5:26 pm

Thank you guys for your valuable inputs. I find it difficult to establish whether I am salaried or non-salaried employee but my wages do vary. the variable factor is predominantly overtime. I have a constant basic wage figure + delivery supplement (£417.70) + overtime. My main worry is the two weeks in April when I was on unpaid special leave. I have also received some £400 in Feb due to back dated pay increase that might cause confusion. I will be using 26 wage slip from Dec 13 to May 14. I have earned more than the required £9300 in the last 6 month despite no pay in those two weeks in April.

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Mon May 26, 2014 5:36 pm

mooty wrote:Thank you guys for your valuable inputs. I find it difficult to establish whether I am salaried or non-salaried employee but my wages do vary. the variable factor is predominantly overtime. I have a constant basic wage figure + delivery supplement (£417.70) + overtime. My main worry is the two weeks in April when I was on unpaid special leave. I have also received some £400 in Feb due to back dated pay increase that might cause confusion. I will be using 26 wage slip from Dec 13 to May 14. I have earned more than the required £9300 in the last 6 month despite no pay in those two weeks in April.
You will have to apply under non salaried employment.
Any back pay just include in your employment letter explaining why it was paid.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Mon May 26, 2014 5:46 pm

mooty wrote:Thank you guys for your valuable inputs. I find it difficult to establish whether I am salaried or non-salaried employee but my wages do vary. the variable factor is predominantly overtime. I have a constant basic wage figure + delivery supplement (£417.70) + overtime. My main worry is the two weeks in April when I was on unpaid special leave. I have also received some £400 in Feb due to back dated pay increase that might cause confusion. I will be using 26 wage slip from Dec 13 to May 14. I have earned more than the required £9300 in the last 6 month despite no pay in those two weeks in April.
5.1.3 Non-salaried employment includes that paid at an hourly or other rate (and the number and/or pattern of hours required to be worked may vary) or paid an amount which varies according to the work undertaken. Salaried employment includes that paid at a minimum fixed rate (usually annual) which is usually subject to a contractual minimum number of hours to be worked.
I'd seem to think you are non-salaried. Your overtime is the factor in this even though you have a basic pay. I'd get a letter from your employer stating your pay and contracted hours. Also mention overtime as the ECO will then understand why your pay is more higher then your basic pay. That's my take on it, and what I would do.

Regarding your unpaid leave. The ECO may consider you to be out of employment for those 2 weeks. Just state, that it was unpaid special leave, also get a letter from your employer stating this. Find out if you're paid annually on a salary or by the hour. It'll help clear any questions up for the ECO.

I'd also get a letter from your employer stating you have been in constant employment and you never left the company for those 2 weeks you were off. Make everything clear and easy to understand. It shouldn't be a problem.

Even on your basic pay, you meet the requirement. Like I said, find out if you're payed by the hour, or on a proper salary. It should mention this in your contract. It shouldn't make a difference to your application to be honest, CAT A with 6 months + you meet the £18,600.00 requirement, you should in my opinion be fine. You just need clear information for the things I've said above.
Last edited by prayforus on Mon May 26, 2014 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Mon May 26, 2014 5:48 pm

Prayforus - did you withdraw your previous application ?
If so , how long did it take to receive your documents back ?
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Mon May 26, 2014 5:56 pm

Yes we did as they put my wife on hold. I think from what I remember, it took around 2.5 weeks to get our documents back at mirpur office.

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Mon May 26, 2014 6:00 pm

prayforus wrote:Yes we did as they put my wife on hold. I think from what I remember, it took around 2.5 weeks to get our documents back at mirpur office.

Ok thats not too long then. Incase I need to re-apply.
Thank you
You'll have a quick turnaround this time insha'Allah
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Mon May 26, 2014 6:04 pm

Well if Allah is willing for the turn around to be quick then it will be. I'm hoping it will, as they'll see everything and know we meet the requirement now. I'd hate it for them to pick up something else, even though the application is very similar to the previous.

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Mon May 26, 2014 8:50 pm

t0mmy wrote:Hi guys,

I was going through form VAF4A appendix 2 section 3A salaried employment.
I recently had a pay rise (about 2 months ago) so am not earning the same amount for six months and my job title hasn't changed either. I have been in the same employment for more than 12 months now and meet the financial req even without the pay rise.

What is the difference between cat A and B here. Also for question 3.12 do I need to answer No and then for question 3.13 No as well? Do I need to fill questions from 3.14 to 3.20 and question 3.22?

3.12 Has your sponsor been in employment with the same employer and earning the amount, as detailed in 3.11 above,
continuously for 6 months prior to the date of the application? (Category A)
Yes If ‘Yes’ go to 3.21
No if 'No' go to 3.13

3.13 Has your sponsor had other salaried employment, in the UK, in the 12 months prior to the date of application? (Category B) Put a cross (x) in the relevant box

Yes
No (go to 3.21)
Can anyone pls confirm .Someone who had a pay rise with same employer would he fall under cat A and need to submit 12 months payslips ?

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Mon May 26, 2014 10:25 pm

To Zazam
this is your week hope you hear good news soon. :lol:
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

Zazam

Post by Zazam » Tue May 27, 2014 7:38 am

zeeh wrote:To Zazam
this is your week hope you hear good news soon. :lol:

Aww Zee, sweet thing to say, I really do hope so inshaallah :) hope youu hear soon too :)
... Rubbish

Girl786

Post by Girl786 » Tue May 27, 2014 8:37 am

prayforus wrote:Yes we did as they put my wife on hold. I think from what I remember, it took around 2.5 weeks to get our documents back at mirpur office.
Hey hi hope u okie ?? Well when ur application was on hold after that u got a response from them ?? Like thy made there decission on ur case or not ?? Actually in my case its been an year from the time i submit my case n thy didnt reply at all . Online app status aint changes as well . This is really pethatic n annoying

Girl786

Post by Girl786 » Tue May 27, 2014 8:41 am

HELLO786 wrote:
prayforus wrote:Just an update on my wife's application. I payed and got an appointment for next week to submit the documents at Mirpur. There is no priority service option when it comes to paying online, and Mirpur only accepts online payment now, (no payment in person).

The amount is of £885. Hope this information helps anyone who will be applying through Mirpur and expecting a priority service.

All the best! I'll be applying soon too in shaa Allah. can u make a list of the docz u applied with on here plz?[
/quote]

Hey hi! Ur application is submitted in april last year ?? Did u get any reply or not bc its more than an year ??u didnt take any action n asked any one what to do ??

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Tue May 27, 2014 9:44 am

t0mmy wrote:

I recently had a pay rise (about 2 months ago) so am not earning the same amount for six months and my job title hasn't changed either. I have been in the same employment for more than 12 months now and meet the financial req even without the pay rise.

What is the difference between cat A and B here. Also for question 3.12 do I need to answer No and then for question 3.13 No as well? Do I need to fill questions from 3.14 to 3.20 and question 3.22?

3.12 Has your sponsor been in employment with the same employer and earning the amount, as detailed in 3.11 above,
Yes If ‘Yes’ go to 3.21
No if 'No' go to 3.13

3.13 Has your sponsor had other salaried employment, in the UK, in the 12 months prior to the date of application? (Category B) Put a cross (x) in the relevant box

Yes
No (go to 3.21)
Can anyone pls confirm .Someone who had a pay rise with same employer would he fall under cat A and need to submit 12 months payslips ?
I had applied in Category A with salaried employment £18100 obviously application got refused. My employer increased my salary and I reapplied after 6 months, Alhumdulilah got the visa.
Like Prayforus suggested, you need to apply under category A as non-salaried employment and explain in a letter why you earn more than the requirement. Also a letter from your employer confirming the points as detailed earlier by prayforus.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Tue May 27, 2014 10:39 am

t0mmy, are you paid on a salary, or hourly basis?

If hourly and your pay isn't the same every month, then you are non-salaried. This would mean you apply via CAT A using 6 months pay-slips and bank statement.

If you are on a salary, you can apply using CAT A using the same as above, but you pay for the 6 months must not be lower then £1550 before tax, each month. This means for example, if you have a month which shows on your pay-slip that you have been paid £1400, then the ECO will use this figure to determine your annual income.

You can also apply via CAT B providing 12 months of pay-slips and bank statements, these must show that you have been paid £18,600 or more over the past 12 months. If you had a job prior then moved to a new job, you can also show this, providing you do meet the £18,600.00 income requirement.

I hope this helps.

sophie786
Newly Registered

Post by sophie786 » Tue May 27, 2014 2:14 pm

Hi got rfc today, goin to collect tomorrow
Applied 10th December 2013 in mirpur
So nervous it's exactly 24 weeks today

NaveedYousaf12
Newly Registered

Post by NaveedYousaf12 » Tue May 27, 2014 2:34 pm

sophie786 wrote:Hi got rfc today, goin to collect tomorrow

wish u best of luck

mooty

Post by mooty » Tue May 27, 2014 2:57 pm

Can someone please provide the wordings (contents) of the accommodation letter from the estate agent? Thanks

mooty

Post by mooty » Tue May 27, 2014 2:58 pm

Can someone please provide the wordings (contents) of the accommodation letter from the estate agent? Thanks

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Tue May 27, 2014 3:06 pm

Oh excellent Sophie ! Wish you all the best !!
Insha'Allah it will be good news.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Tue May 27, 2014 3:42 pm

tallojani wrote:
t0mmy wrote:

Yes If ‘Yes’ go to 3.21
No if 'No' go to 3.13

Yes
No (go to 3.21)
I had applied in Category A with salaried employment £18100 obviously application got refused. My employer increased my salary and I reapplied after 6 months, Alhumdulilah got the visa.
Like Prayforus suggested, you need to apply under category A as non-salaried employment and explain in a letter why you earn more than the requirement. Also a letter from your employer confirming the points as detailed earlier by prayforus.
I am a permanent employee and paid monthly . It's just that my salary got increased two months ago. So not sure how i can apply non salaried basis. I am with the same employer for more than 1 year . a bit confused now !

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Tue May 27, 2014 3:50 pm

quote="sophie786"]Hi got rfc today, goin to collect tomorrow
So nervous it's exactly 24 weeks today[/quote]

To Sophie786

Good luck for tomorrow when you collect passport. Insha Allah will be good news for you.
Submitted Application: Feb 2012
Application Refused: Jul 2012
Appealed: Unsuccessfull
Reapplied: 27th Sep 2013
Application hold - Jan 2014
RFC: 26th August 2014
Result: Alhamdulillah Visa Granted - All thanks to Allah and your prayers

TangoMike
United Kingdom

Post by TangoMike » Tue May 27, 2014 3:55 pm

Like Prayforus suggested, you need to apply under category A as non-salaried employment and explain in a letter why you earn more than the requirement. Also a letter from your employer confirming the points as detailed earlier by prayforus.[/quote]

I am a permanent employee and paid monthly . It's just that my salary got increased two months ago. So not sure how i can apply non salaried basis. I am with the same employer for more than 1 year . a bit confused now ![/quote]

Hi t0mmy,

I am in the same position as you, I got a small payrise in March as well as a bonus, I also had a deduction from my salary in december as i bought extra holidays. I think its best to tick no for both 3.12 n 3.13 then write the total earned in 3.20. Don't fill questions from 3.14 to 3.19 and question 3.22!

Hope that helps! I have asked a similar question on a new thread but not had a response yet...

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Tue May 27, 2014 5:05 pm

t0mmy wrote:
I am a permanent employee and paid monthly . It's just that my salary got increased two months ago. So not sure how i can apply non salaried basis. I am with the same employer for more than 1 year . a bit confused now !
Your salary has varied in the last 2 months because you are not paid the same monthly amount now. The only suggestion I can give is to speak to a immigration advisor or ask on the expat forum.

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Tue May 27, 2014 7:54 pm

From tuesday,10 december, 2013
to tuesday,27 may, 2014
included, there are:
days:-169
working days:-114

Good luck
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.