ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visit visa appeal rights?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Family visit visa appeal rights?

Post by rubina20102010 » Tue May 27, 2014 2:17 pm

Dear All,

I've applied family visit visa for my brother and he gets refuse last week. On his letter, they mentioned that

“Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds referred to in section 84(1) (c ) of the nationality , immigration and Asylum act 2002.”

My question is does he has rights to appeal and within how many days he can log the appeal? Also, is there is any cost/fees for that?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Rubina

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Family visit visa appeal rights?

Post by Wanderer » Tue May 27, 2014 2:29 pm

Means you can only appeal on race or human rights grounds, general appeal was abolished some time ago.

What were the grounds for refusal? May be quicker to reapply with the refusal points addressed.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Post by rubina20102010 » Tue May 27, 2014 3:57 pm

Wanderer wrote:Means you can only appeal on race or human rights grounds, general appeal was abolished some time ago.

What were the grounds for refusal? May be quicker to reapply with the refusal points addressed.
Thanks for your reply. I'm uploading the reason as an attachment. please look at it.

Should we appeal or reapply the case? Also, what you suggest how much time we should wait for next case?
Attachments
IMG-20140520-WA0004.jpg
Reason
IMG-20140520-WA0004.jpg (63.67 KiB) Viewed 1748 times

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Fri May 30, 2014 6:06 pm

sorry to hear about this refusal but they are really making it tough since right of appeal has been taken away because all the lame excuses which could be over turned in court/tribunal during appeal are no more happening and ECO has unlimited power of refusing even by just saying that he/she is not satisfied

regarding your case, there is no time limit restriction about wait before next application so you can apply straight away as far as you address their concerns i.e. refusal reasons so if you have documentary evidence and can argue their refusal reason in cover letter then go ahead but if you think it is not possible then wait till you have answers for them because normally if application is refused on one objection then there is confirmed chance that it will be refused again if that reason is not addressed or taken care of

there is no point in appealing as right of appeal is only limited to human rights and there is no human right violation in this case, right of appeal with visit visa is just a joke now as there is almost never a human right violation in visit visa refusal

I hope that I have answered more then what you were expecting and you have got idea about what to do next

Good Luck & Best Wishes

Regards