ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa after ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Schengen visa after ILR

Post by tulipz » Tue May 27, 2014 4:08 pm

Hi all,
I am planning to apply for Schengen visa after my ILR in June (Via PEO). We booked a holiday to Norway in the last week of August. Ideally, I would like to have a schengen visitor visa valid of 1yr. We plan to travel a lot this year !

Which embassy is the best for this kind of request? We had a 1yr schengen visa from French embassy in 2010. Shall I do it via french embassy again this time ( We can do a short paris trip before the norway one)...

Please suggest the best course of action.

Thanks
Tulipz

ali_asad_pk

Re: Schengen visa after ILR

Post by ali_asad_pk » Fri May 30, 2014 6:24 pm

if you had it from french then better go same way. Although i know that norway normally process application in week where france does 4-6 weeks (for single entry short visit visa) not sure about 1 year multiple but obviously they will be asking for more documents

my experience shows that norway is not crowded and things get processed easily if you have reasonable documentation

good luck