ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permenant or UK Resident Card - EEA national (UK citizen)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sbadaaru
Newly Registered

Permenant or UK Resident Card - EEA national (UK citizen)

Post by sbadaaru » Tue May 27, 2014 7:24 pm

Hi,

Currently I am holding UK citizenship and my wife got ILR (Permanent residence) and no intentions to take UK citizenship. I am planning to apply for Permanent Residence Card as a EEA family member for my wife, so that she can travel in EU countries without the need of Schengen Visa.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-resid ... d/overview

Can you please let me know if any one had taken this card and if there are any implications or information on this.

Regards
sb

SouthWest1

Re: Permenant or UK Resident Card - EEA national (UK citizen

Post by SouthWest1 » Tue May 27, 2014 9:57 pm

r u a British citizen by birth?
your wife is not eligible for an EEA Residence card based on your post. she is a holder of ILR via different route.
basically, you can not mix and match. PR is a result of different route ( 5 years Residence- EEA route).

Even though, permanent residence card (via EEA route) does not exempt its holder from a Schengen Visa. unlike the 5 years residence card, PR does not state the holder is a family member of EU national. ( just for your information)