ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN application- online P60

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ohojska

AN application- online P60

Post by ohojska » Tue May 27, 2014 12:27 pm

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone had the same situation as me regarding P60. Recently my company started to post payslips and P60 online only. I spoke to the payroll department and they said that there is no way of receiving the old paper version anymore I can only print out the online version. Does anyone know if HO accepts that kind of P60 or shall I ask my company for a additional letter confirming my 6 years of employment with them?
Thank you

sogy

Re: AN application- online P60

Post by sogy » Tue May 27, 2014 6:29 pm

My employer also provides only e-P60ies and online payslips.

However, what they did for me was stamp and sign a printout of the e-P60 (and each payslip).

amigovio
Newly Registered

Post by amigovio » Tue May 27, 2014 7:41 pm

Do we actually have send P60s? I thought it was enough with the following:

- AN Form
- Passport
- PR or ILR
- Life in the UK certificate
- UK Degree

If so, do I need to send P60's for all the 6 years or just for the last year? Is this to prove residency?

ohojska

Post by ohojska » Tue May 27, 2014 8:10 pm

amigovio wrote:Do we actually have send P60s? I thought it was enough with the following:

- AN Form
- Passport
- PR or ILR
- UK Degree

If so, do I need to send P60's for all the 6 years or just for the last year? Is this to prove residency?
Just to clarify as a EU national I don't need to apply for a ILR, which I get automatically after 5 years in UK but for the AN application I need to prove 6 years in UK.

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Tue May 27, 2014 10:08 pm

ohojska wrote:Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone had the same situation as me regarding P60. Recently my company started to post payslips and P60 online only. I spoke to the payroll department and they said that there is no way of receiving the old paper version anymore I can only print out the online version. Does anyone know if HO accepts that kind of P60 or shall I ask my company for a additional letter confirming my 6 years of employment with them?
Thank you
@ ohojska
do u want to apply for EEA according to your other post http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 65369.html or for naturalisation?
ohojska wrote:
amigovio wrote:Do we actually have send P60s? I thought it was enough with the following:

- AN Form
- Passport
- PR or ILR
- UK Degree

Just to clarify as a EU national I don't need to apply for a ILR, which I get automatically after 5 years in UK but for the AN application I need to prove 6 years in UK.

1- you need to include evidence of exercising treaty rights as you seems not to have PR card as an EU national.
2- ILR is not applicable here. it is called PR for EU nationals.
3- if you are an A8 national, you need to include the WRS certificate.

ohojska

Post by ohojska » Wed May 28, 2014 1:21 pm

I want to apply straight away for naturalization but none was replying on my post in that part of forum so I posted the same question in the EEA route section because the procedure is similar anyway. I have my WRS, Life in the UK test, English certificate and 6 years of P60- just the last one is online one and my company doesn't want to issue me paper version of it.

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Wed May 28, 2014 8:38 pm

its fine then.
just ask your company HR to issue you a letter of employment or take your employment contract along.
a lot of company use online for payslips and of course P60 and HO knows this. you will add your NI number any way and if HO in doubt, they will check with DWP.
all should go well and also take a long any other documents you might think relevant. if they do not need them then no harm.
let us know how you will get on.
good luck.

luk4ss
Newly Registered

Post by luk4ss » Wed May 28, 2014 10:59 pm

I sent P60 printed at home and backed it up with contracts and payslips. Approval received within 1 month, submitted 16/04, decision 22/05. Some payslips were also print outs of electronic documents.

As long as they seem legit and your contracts correspond to the quantities your payslips show you earned they have no reason not to believe in it.. also they have access to all the info on the HMRC system, which they probably compare your P60/payslip info and if it all matches you're fine. I can't believe they'd be checking every minutest detail, unless it's evidently clear something is wrong with your paperwork :)

luk4ss
Newly Registered

Post by luk4ss » Thu May 29, 2014 10:39 pm

Ohojska - I've received a couple of emails telling me you sent me messages, however the website won't allow me to view them saying I have no access to messages. Not sure what to do and whether you want to address this on the main forum. I will be happy to help if I can. Thanks.

ohojska

Post by ohojska » Fri May 30, 2014 9:28 am

luk4ss wrote:Ohojska - I've received a couple of emails telling me you sent me messages, however the website won't allow me to view them saying I have no access to messages. Not sure what to do and whether you want to address this on the main forum. I will be happy to help if I can. Thanks.
Hi Luk:)
I hope you don't mind if I ask you a few questions regarding the application. I would appreciate any suggestions
1.As a EU did u apply previously for the PR or not? I didn't so that's why I'm wondering what should I write in the question about the date of receiving PR? Should I leave it blank or write the date when 5 years past from beginning of my employment in UK?
2. Did you submitted any additional documents except the P60, WRS, Life in the UK test, English certificate? what I mean is any bills or bank statements etc?
3. Did you use the NCS or submitted the application yourself?
4. They say that I need to prove that I was present in UK 5 years before I submitted the application but as a EU I need to be in UK 6 years so will they check the 5 or 6 years ago? 6 years ago I was in UK, 5years- was abroad on holiday
5.In due to apply on the 28.07 but in 2 weeks I'm going back home for 2-3 months(i'm on maternity leave). So my question is, is the time after 28.07 will be counted as an absence or not if my husband will submit my application on my behalf while I'm away? that's why I was asking how the HO knows about the amount of my absence from UK

Thank you in advance for your help.

sogy

Post by sogy » Fri May 30, 2014 10:48 am

Hi ohojska,

I'm also in the same boat (EEA route, no PR), and although my case is still pending, so i don't know the outcome, I'll share what I have done (and have nbeen advised by NCS, by a solicitor, and on a couple of forums):

1. The 5-year period for citizenship is the last 5 years, and I have been advised that I must have been present in the UK on the very day 5 years before UKBA gets my application. I guess, the same applies to you.

2. The 5-year period to qualify for the EEA PR is a different thing. If you needed a WRS, the solicitor advised that it starts with the date on the WRS (in my case, a couple of weeks after I started working), and the PR date is 5 years from that date.

3. The NCS only copied my P60s and P45s, the WRS form, and a letter from the current employer (as there was no 2014 P60 available in March) and wouldn't want to copy (or include with the application) the pay slips, bank, and credit card statements or anything else. I'm not sure if they were right, but could not persuade them. Keeping a couple kilograms of these ready, in case UKBA asks for them. So far, I have not heard from them after acknowledgement, which I got 2 weeks after applying.

As i said before, I had the printouts of the eP60s signed and stamped by my employer's HR department. The older P60s were not electronic.

ohojska

Post by ohojska » Fri May 30, 2014 1:30 pm

sogy wrote:Hi ohojska,

I'm also in the same boat (EEA route, no PR), and although my case is still pending, so i don't know the outcome, I'll share what I have done (and have nbeen advised by NCS, by a solicitor, and on a couple of forums):

1. The 5-year period for citizenship is the last 5 years, and I have been advised that I must have been present in the UK on the very day 5 years before UKBA gets my application. I guess, the same applies to you.

2. The 5-year period to qualify for the EEA PR is a different thing. If you needed a WRS, the solicitor advised that it starts with the date on the WRS (in my case, a couple of weeks after I started working), and the PR date is 5 years from that date.

3. The NCS only copied my P60s and P45s, the WRS form, and a letter from the current employer (as there was no 2014 P60 available in March) and wouldn't want to copy (or include with the application) the pay slips, bank, and credit card statements or anything else. I'm not sure if they were right, but could not persuade them. Keeping a couple kilograms of these ready, in case UKBA asks for them. So far, I have not heard from them after acknowledgement, which I got 2 weeks after applying.

As i said before, I had the printouts of the eP60s signed and stamped by my employer's HR department. The older P60s were not electronic.

Thank you sogy for sharing with me your knowledge. The date on WRS is not a problem for me because I used to come to UK from 2006 already while I was at uni so made my WRS card back then already. When I started working in July 2008, I had the same date on the WRS certificate.
I was wandering if any solicitor or NCS who you was getting advice from did mention anything about the absence from UK after submitting the application? Is that time will be included in those 90 days allowance?

sogy

Post by sogy » Fri May 30, 2014 1:39 pm

ohojska wrote:The date on WRS is not a problem for me because I used to come to UK from 2006 already while I was at uni so made my WRS card back then already. When I started working in July 2008, I had the same date on the WRS certificate.
Actually, this may be a problem. When on WRS, you were supposed to notify them every time you chnaged your employer, and get an additional paper from them to that effect, until you have worked continuously for a year. If you came and went, a few months at a time, from 2006, without updating your WRS with new employers, it may not work. Try to figure out if you're OK or not.
I was wandering if any solicitor or NCS who you was getting advice from did mention anything about the absence from UK after submitting the application? Is that time will be included in those 90 days allowance?
so far as I understand, you can travel after applying, and the absences don't count. However, if the UKBA want something from you, and you don't respond quickly, they will reject the application.

ohojska

Post by ohojska » Fri May 30, 2014 1:54 pm

sogy wrote:
ohojska wrote:The date on WRS is not a problem for me because I used to come to UK from 2006 already while I was at uni so made my WRS card back then already. When I started working in July 2008, I had the same date on the WRS certificate.
Actually, this may be a problem. When on WRS, you were supposed to notify them every time you chnaged your employer, and get an additional paper from them to that effect, until you have worked continuously for a year. If you came and went, a few months at a time, from 2006, without updating your WRS with new employers, it may not work. Try to figure out if you're OK or not.

I'm fine, sure about that. In 2006 and 2007 was working only during Summer holiday but made my WRS card that time. In July 2008 came for "good" and I'm in a continues employment since that time(6 years)- have my WRS from 2008 as well.
so far as I understand, you can travel after applying, and the absences don't count. However, if the UKBA want something from you, and you don't respond quickly, they will reject the application.
Should be fine in that case as well, my husband will be in UK during my absence.

luk4ss
Newly Registered

Post by luk4ss » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:48 pm

Hi there, to answer your questions ohojska:

1. Applied for PR in 2009. Received after a month. Not sure what you have to do if you don't have it.
2.I submitted all payslips, contracts, extensions to contracts, degree certificate, driving licence. No bank statements for naturalisation, but I did do that for PR in 2009.
3. Myself
4. 5 years ago on the day they receive it
5. Make sure you're not absent for more than 90 days in the 12 months prior to making the application, as this will reduce your chances.

Good luck!

ohojska

Post by ohojska » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:18 pm

Hi sogy,
just a quick question if you don't mind. As you didn't apply for the PR what did you write in the AN application regarding the date when your PR was granted? or did you leave it empty?
Thank you,
Kate