ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What Happens After Naturalization?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jtheprocrastinator
Newly Registered

What Happens After Naturalization?

Post by jtheprocrastinator » Tue May 27, 2014 1:04 pm

I'm just wondering what is gonna happen after you attend the ceremony and receive your certificate? So, the only thing i know is that you become an Irish citizen, you can work without the work permit, you're a part of European Union...
So do you not need Visa to stay in Ireland anymore since you're an Irish national? What happens to your other passport from your country of origin? What are my rights? And see the way they put your address on the Certificate of Naturalization, what if you have to move to other address? like after you get the Cert? does it matter? I don't know it this is making any sense.. but yeah I'm just confused.

Yana31

Re: What Happens After Naturalization?

Post by Yana31 » Tue May 27, 2014 1:21 pm

1.You can apply for an Irish passport
2.You can now work without a visa & you are an EU Citizen
3.You do not need a visa to stay in Ireland
4.Each country has a different stance on holding double citizenship, for example a while back you couldn’t hold 2 different citizenships in Germany, you had to pick one – no longer in place. So it depends on the country you are from and what are the rules there with regards to double citizenship… in Ireland you can hold multiple citizenships.
5.Contact the citizenship information centre for your rights as an Irish citizen.
6.You can move address – as you will hold onto that certificate anyway.

jtheprocrastinator
Newly Registered

Post by jtheprocrastinator » Tue May 27, 2014 8:01 pm

Thank You So Much for answering the questions :D

squa

Post by squa » Wed May 28, 2014 1:19 am

I find that quite a silly question and insulting to those eagerly awaiting decisions on their citizenship applications, even though I have been granted.
Why did you apply for it in the first place if you don't know what benefits it brought you? People from all over the world apply for Irish citizenship and they each get different benefits from. Let's try and ask serious questions and issues please.

Yana31

Post by Yana31 » Wed May 28, 2014 8:59 am

I think his nickname on the site says it all. Still he can ask away, no harm done. :D

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/go ... ights.html

jtheprocrastinator
Newly Registered

Post by jtheprocrastinator » Wed May 28, 2014 5:47 pm

squa wrote:I find that quite a silly question and insulting to those eagerly awaiting decisions on their citizenship applications, even though I have been granted.
Why did you apply for it in the first place if you don't know what benefits it brought you? People from all over the world apply for Irish citizenship and they each get different benefits from. Let's try and ask serious questions and issues please.
Wow, What a Narrow Minded Person you are! I know certain benefits of it as i stated in my question. Don't expect everyone to be the same and know everything in this world. i haven't insulted anyone here but if you wanna take it that way then it's yours. why would i ask if I knew everything. And there's this one thing i know called 'Human Rights'.. it's my rights to be curious and to ask people questions.. you know, those who are willing to help me with their experience, I'm new to this whole thing and I FIND YOUR STATEMENT INSULTING because I'm dead serious about my questions. Don't be so quick to judge, my friend.

jtheprocrastinator
Newly Registered

Post by jtheprocrastinator » Wed May 28, 2014 5:50 pm

Yana31 wrote:I think his nickname on the site says it all. Still he can ask away, no harm done. :D

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/go ... ights.html
Thanks Dude, for the link. I checked it out ages ago but it didn't cover what i was looking for. the first reply to my questions answered everything now that i wanted to know. Thanks for the compliment on my name by the way and you're damn straight! i can still ask away, no harm done ;)

Yana31

Post by Yana31 » Thu May 29, 2014 12:14 pm

Sure if you have any other questions, mail me and if I know the answer I will reply. if not I will point you in the right direction hopefully.