ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Booking Appointment Before RLMT

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rex90

Booking Appointment Before RLMT

Post by rex90 » Wed May 28, 2014 9:03 am

Hi guys, I have a sponsor who is wants to hire me but needs to do RLMT. They have previously done this but the ad was not sufficient enough to offer me the job so they have to do it again. My question is, can I book an appointment for in-person application before the end date of the RLMT or will this be problematic?

rex90

Re: Booking Appointment Before RLMT

Post by rex90 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:14 am

bump

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 am

You cannot have an appointment before RLMT. The reason is that before you apply you'd need COS (Certificate of Sponsorship) in which your employer would give the details of RLMT. If the date is after your appointment date it menas your COS is invalid and your application will be refused.

The best optino for you is to wait until RLMT is completed,ask your employer to issue your a COS and then you apply either apply-in person, by post or by Tier 2 priority post.

II Youths a stuff neve endures II

rex90

Post by rex90 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:42 am

muhdkhokhar wrote:You cannot have an appointment before RLMT. The reason is that before you apply you'd need COS (Certificate of Sponsorship) in which your employer would give the details of RLMT. If the date is after your appointment date it menas your COS is invalid and your application will be refused.

The best optino for you is to wait until RLMT is completed,ask your employer to issue your a COS and then you apply either apply-in person, by post or by Tier 2 priority post.

Thanks for your response.
Any idea how extensive/picky UKBA is over RLMT? Is this likely to be accepted by UKBA if sponsor says they did it and provides ad details?

Also, is it likely that my visa is accepted on the same day (for inperson application) if the RLMT is done correctly?

Thanks

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:20 am

rex90 wrote:
muhdkhokhar wrote:You cannot have an appointment before RLMT. The reason is that before you apply you'd need COS (Certificate of Sponsorship) in which your employer would give the details of RLMT. If the date is after your appointment date it menas your COS is invalid and your application will be refused.

Thanks for your response.
Any idea how extensive/picky UKBA is over RLMT? Is this likely to be accepted by UKBA if sponsor says they did it and provides ad details?

They are very picky. They'll make sure the RLMT is done correctly. Sponsor has to provide Jobcenter Plus reference in RLMT description and immigration officer will confirm the dates and job description.

Also, is it likely that my visa is accepted on the same day (for inperson application) if the RLMT is done correctly?

If all is good then you'll get approval same day.

Thanks
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

venkatasureshs

Post by venkatasureshs » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:25 pm

You can book appointment before end date of RLMT..but it may direct to some questions as you need RLMT to be completed before issuing COS..
Even though COS is not required to book the appointment, Its worth waiting till RLMT is done and then book an appointment .You will get the decision on same day with premium service