ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should you have 35 k for ILR for the whole 5 year period?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

odadvisor
Newly Registered

Should you have 35 k for ILR for the whole 5 year period?

Post by odadvisor » Mon May 19, 2014 1:04 pm

Hello,

I just wanted to confirm if the 35k requirement to apply for ILR after 5 years of being under Tier 2 means that one should have minimium 35K salary for the whole 5 year period or this is the minimum salary at the time of applying.

For example if someone starts at 32 k for the first 3 years and then in the last 2 years their salary increases to 35 k, would they still be able to apply for ILR or is the requirement of 35k for the whole 5 year period.

I have tried finding reference to this but it isn't very clear. I know it clearly mentions 35 k but not sure about the time frame.

I would be grateful if I could get a response soon.

Many Thanks

odadvisor
Newly Registered

Re: Should you have 35 k for ILR for the whole 5 year period

Post by odadvisor » Tue May 27, 2014 3:58 pm

Hello,

Sorry to follow up on this but it would be great if I could get a response on this please. I don't have much clarity on this and this would help me determine whether I stay here in the long term or not and if I do, I need to think about how I approach this.

Your guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Should you have 35 k for ILR for the whole 5 year period

Post by iworker » Wed May 28, 2014 9:17 am

Your 35k salary would only be enforced on the day that you apply for settlement. So if the employer agrees to pay u 35k a day before u apply for settlement, and can give u a letter stating your salary and that u are required by them for foreseeable future, u should be able to get ILR. (however, this is according to current rules and the rules for settlement may change in future)