ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 QUERIES - help required please.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

charismatic_one

MN1 QUERIES - help required please.

Post by charismatic_one » Wed May 28, 2014 11:49 am

Hi,

I am actually planning to apply for my son's registration as British citizen using the MN1 form. Myself and my wife, both hold Indefinite leave to remain (ILR) status - granted last week.

I have got a few questions regarding my son's MN 1 application and would appreciate if you could please help me with those:

1) My son is 18 months old at the moment and I am struggling to find a professional referee to sign his form in section 5. It basically says "One referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion."
Would it be acceptable if I get two of my colleagues to sign his form, both engineers, British citizens & over 25 years of age ?

2) Is there a in person (PEO) facility available for the MN1 application ?

3) What documents (originals & photocopies) am I expected to attach with the application ?

4) What is the fees and how am I expected to pay the fees ? I cannot find any section in the application form that asks for payment details.

help in this regard would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 QUERIES - help required please.

Post by CR001 » Wed May 28, 2014 12:17 pm

Have a look at the FAQs in the link below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... ml#p592355

There are links to some of your questions. Fee payment sheet is the last page on the fee leaflet.

There is no PEO or in person option for any form of citizenship application, postal or through NCS only.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Wed May 28, 2014 3:43 pm

1. If your son goes to a nursery or child minder then try to get their ref. Or try a nurse in your GP surgery. If you absolutely can't find anyone then go for whatever professional referee you can find, do make sure they qualify. In my personal opinion they are not very strict about referees for children as little as 18 months.

For your other questions see the link in the post above.

charismatic_one

Post by charismatic_one » Thu May 29, 2014 8:45 am

CR001, shahid2000,

Thank you for the help.

I have now got answers to most of my questions. For the referee, I think I'll just have to ask two of my colleagues to sign it (both on the list).
I did try with the heath visitor team but they said its not their policy...and the child doesn't go to a nursery or a child miner.

Anybody in same situation please let me know if that is OK ?

naveengosain
Newly Registered

Post by naveengosain » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:56 pm

Hi guys today on 3rd of march 2015.me and my wife got ilr .now I have to apply for my kids age 7 and 4 british pp using form mn1 as both of them were born in uk. We were married in india in 2005 and never had a marriage certificate. Is it compulsary to attach marriage certificate in form mn1 or is there any alternative?plz help any suggestions thanks naveen