ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on the basis of HSMP JR and Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ranadawood

ILR on the basis of HSMP JR and Naturalisation

Post by ranadawood » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:54 pm

Hi Experts,
I got my ILR on the basis of HSMP judical review where we don't need to show the language requirments till ILR but now the time is for Naturalisation and i am bit confuses here for the Knowledge of life that we have to deemed our qualification from UK NARIC
and to degree tagught in English also must be deemed from UK NARIC.
I done my Master in Compter Sciences from Pakistan.Now Do I need to deemed my qualification and English language assesment seperately .
Hope you understand what I mean is .

Please post your expert opinion.

VR

Re: ILR on the basis of HSMP JR and Naturalisation

Post by VR » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:46 pm

HSMP JR will be applicable as far as your ILR goes. You will have to comply with all the requirements for you to be Naturalised as Citizenship is a privilege and not a right!!(I have heard this bit again and again and again and am getting it out of my system) :D
cheers
vr

ranadawood

Post by ranadawood » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:16 pm

Thanks for your reply but my question is Do I need to deem My qualification and English language assesments seperately?

HSMP JR will be applicable as far as your ILR goes. You will have to comply with all the requirements for you to be Naturalised as Citizenship is a privilege and not a right!!(I have heard this bit again and again and again and am getting it out of my system)
cheers
vr

VR

Post by VR » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:05 pm

I did not get your question. I am myself from the first lot of HSMP's and I never took any english language test. I got my ILR.
I believe if you have the degree taught in English equivalency recognised by NARIC and your LIUK test (if you have already provided this with your ILR check the appropriate box) and you would meed the KOLL requirements.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think the Certificate that your degree was taught in English must come from your University and the Original needs to be furnished.I dont think Naric will certify a degree in timbuktoo was instructed in the English medium. If they are doing it then its another rip off. They have no locus standi in doing this. Maybe I am wrong.

As far as NARIC goes they will give you a Certificate equating this qualification with a UK Degree. This will suffice for the B1 level requirement.
Life in UK Test transcript (Original) or if already submitted for your ILR check the box on the Form AN ..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers
VR

PS: These blooming requirements is like moving goal posts. If I am missing something other learned members may chip in!!

ranadawood

Post by ranadawood » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:50 am

Thanks VR for your expert opnion.
So In summary if deemed my qualification from UK NARIC and a cerifitcate from my Uni stating that degree was taught in English fullfill my language requirment.
Now My question is in the Form AN section 1.22 language part says that
"I have obtained an acedmic qualificaiton deemed by UK Naric meet the recognised Standard of Bachelor or Master or PhD in the United Kingdom and
(i) UK Naric confirmed qualification was taught in English or
(ii)The qualification was taught or researched in uk or a majority English Speaking country.
"
Would UK Naric confirmed that qualification was taught in English when they are equating qualificaiton or how we will fullfil the part (i)
Hope you understand my question.
Thanks

ranadawood

Post by ranadawood » Wed May 28, 2014 12:12 pm

HI All,

Today i submitted my application for the Naturalisation through NCS under 15 month rule. I submitted my UK NARIC certificate of compatibility which shows my degree is equal to UK Bachelor and then certificate from Uni stating that course was taught in English.
then the lady called home office to confirm this if can submit this , she told if i am getting any English point from the PBS calculator then it it is ok but if you are not getting any point then you need to pass the test or UN NARIC certificate .

My question is do i need get the certificate from UK NARIC again for English language assesment or it is ok what i already submitted ?
NCS lady told me that she was talking with a case worker and she told her they always pbs calculator.

Please advise here .

Thanks,