ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help needed on Extension - Dependent Supporting Docs

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

the3rdman

Urgent help needed on Extension - Dependent Supporting Docs

Post by the3rdman » Mon May 26, 2014 5:21 pm

Hello all,

I was hoping some of you could advise me on required supporting docs for my dependent due to an anomaly found at the end of my online application.

I am the main applicant currently on a Tier 2 visa. My girlfriend and I have lived together for the past 4 years, and we have successfully received visas in the Tier 4 category and now under Tier 2 as unmarried partners. We've had to submit the usual evidence: tenancy agreements, utility bills, council tax, bank statements, etc. in each instance that we've applied for a visa. It seems fairly standard, but whilst completing our Tier 2 extension application, we encountered a problem.

Upon completing the general sections of my Tier 2 Extension application online, I was prompted with a screen to select which of the following supporting documents to include with my application to show evidence of relationship with my unmarried dependent. There seems to be an error in the required supporting docs, as I was asked for two of the following:

- Bank Statements
- Credit Card statements
- Driving Licence
- NHS details
- Letter from school or University

Aside form the bank statements, we have never been asked to submit these documents before. Upon further investigation, we've found that these are the requirements for a DEPENDENT CHILD over the age of 16. This is an obvious glitch in the online system, but considering this declaration of supporting documents is printed and sent to the UKVI as part of the online application, could anyone advise what we could do? We obviously don't want to jeopardize our application by filling out a section in error, so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

anoops1984
United Kingdom

Please help

Post by anoops1984 » Wed May 28, 2014 11:42 am

Can anyone please reply to this post. I am in the same boat and need to submit application tomorrow. Please help.

anoops1984
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent help needed on Extension - Dependent Supporting D

Post by anoops1984 » Wed May 28, 2014 11:43 am

@Amber @Manci Please advise

the3rdman

Post by the3rdman » Wed May 28, 2014 1:34 pm

Received reply from UKVI Online Help centre, and they were of no help at all. This is an obvious glitch in the online application, and needs to be sorted, but no one seems to have any idea that this is occurring and how to rectify the situation from the UKVI side of things. Really frustrating…

thakur71
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by thakur71 » Wed May 28, 2014 2:28 pm

the3rdman wrote:Received reply from UKVI Online Help centre, and they were of no help at all. This is an obvious glitch in the online application, and needs to be sorted, but no one seems to have any idea that this is occurring and how to rectify the situation from the UKVI side of things. Really frustrating…
I am in the same position as you. how ever, I mange to get a letter from our doctor confirming home address of my dependents. Can you please confirm if you have added your dependent in your application form (main applicant) or you use separate one (using dependent option)...

the3rdman

Post by the3rdman » Wed May 28, 2014 2:39 pm

Yes, I and my dependent are doing the application together, at the same time.

The problem is, in the past, we never had to submit these specific documents, ex.

- Bank Statements
- Credit Card statements
- Driving Licence
- NHS details

These options are for child dependents above 16.

We have always been prompted to send:

- Joint Bank Statements
- Council Tax / Utility bills in joint names
- Marriage Certificate (doesn't apply to us)
- Other Evidence of relationship

We are thinking just to select 'no' to the above 5 supporting docs, and submit a handwritten letter explaining the situation, but we are obviously worried about invalidating our application. We have never had this problem before. We have successfully applied for 2 previous visas and have a portfolio of 'relationship evidence' that we have used each time.

the3rdman

Post by the3rdman » Fri May 30, 2014 2:38 pm

Received two responses from the online helpline:

1: Was directed to submit documents as per the online application states, but to submit a covering letter explaining the situation and sending supporting documents as per the Dependent's Policy Guidance.

2: Received a response from another caseworker indicating that the supporting docs for dependents aged 16+ are all the same, stating that the list of:

- Bank Statements
- Credit Card statements
- Driving Licence
- NHS details

are applicable to all dependents, but, according to the Dependent Policy Guidance in para 112, p 19 only applies to children age 16+.

This is a real problem, and we can't seem to clearly articulate the issue with the UKVI online help team, which is concerning. There is an obvious problem on the online application, but we don't know what to do.

We're thinking to wait a week to see if the online application form is fixed, and if not, then we will just submit app with covering letter.