ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maylia88
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by maylia88 » Wed May 28, 2014 2:57 pm

rmkirfan wrote:
maylia88 wrote:Hi

I have a quick question- I will be applying for ILR in the next few days. My total days out of country are 542 days - only 2 days more than the required days. Everything else seems fine. My solicitor says HO is quite generous now so don't worry but I am very much worried.

Is there anyone here had more than 540 days out of country and still got approved?

Many thanks
Maylia
There are couple of success, But few refusals last year on >540 days. You may find if you dig this thread.
You can only try your luck.
I know, it drives me crazy so different decisions on different cases! My solicitor said as long your absences were when you got a valid visa then it's fine - all my absences are holidays and when I had a valid visa so hopefully..

I have a few more questions if anyone could help please:

1) If I get the ILR, can I apply MN1 for my baby born in the UK (daddy is on PBS tier 4 not ILR) even at the moment she is stateless (no nationality due to we come from different countries and we don't want to register her either our nationality just yet).

2) I'm self-employed and should earn £22,000+ for this tax year. Will it be okay for my husband to apply spouse visa if I get ILR since it's self-employment and we have a kid.

Many thanks for all your help - much appreciated!

tanz5656

Post by tanz5656 » Wed May 28, 2014 4:24 pm

Hello I have one question for flr m , my wife was living with me since 2010 as a dependent and we have extensions since then, do I need to show documents that she is living with me which covers two years or I only need to send her original passport and bio metric as required in flr m 12 a. And do I need to complete 7b and which documents I need to show for maintenance

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Wed May 28, 2014 4:42 pm

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how many application HO have received with regards to LR in March??

Regards

kam12
Newly Registered

Post by kam12 » Wed May 28, 2014 5:02 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
tanz5656 wrote:Hello
I have one question for flr m , my wife was living with me since 2010 as a dependent and we have extensions since then, do I need to show documents that she is living with me which covers two years or I only need to send her original passport and bio metric as required in flr m 12 a. And do I need to only fill section 7 b and will I need to show payslips and other stuff as we'll
Thanks
Hi tanz5656,
Just to let you know that I applied for my wife's FLR(M) before the 06th April 2014 rule change, so there will be many things that will be different now.
To my knowledge, as many documents as you can, that you could send to support you Mrs FLR(M) application is better. Although Home Office know that she is your dependant but still you have to make a fresh case as a dependant of a settled person, so if you have accounts and utility bills on the same address together, that will help. I don't think it is necessary, but I would say it's better if they are there.
Regards to filling 7-A, I am afraid that after the 06th April rule change, yes you have to fill that and show that you are earning enough to take care of your dependants without recourse to public funds.
I hope it helps mate. All the best with your future applications.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Hiya ,

I know rules has been changed after 6 April 2014 but still it is not clear as Frl(M) form does not say regarding 6th april changes except fee..
form says ....If you were granted leave to enter or remain as a partner following an application made before the 9th July 2012 you are not
required to complete section 7A, Proceed to 7B MAINTENANCE...so i think he should fill up 7B

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Wed May 28, 2014 5:14 pm

hassan5805 wrote:Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how many application HO have received with regards to LR in March??

Regards
Bro I have lost any hope of getting a decision before July. HO has been very slow for past 6 weeks.

I will check if HO has released Immigration data of first quarter of 2014 than i will make a FOI request for Jan, Feb and March applications on the basis of long residence.

if you do cal HO and get any news that HO has started working on March applications please do share here.

Regards

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Wed May 28, 2014 5:32 pm

maylia88 wrote:
rmkirfan wrote:
maylia88 wrote:Hi

I have a quick question- I will be applying for ILR in the next few days. My total days out of country are 542 days - only 2 days more than the required days. Everything else seems fine. My solicitor says HO is quite generous now so don't worry but I am very much worried.

Is there anyone here had more than 540 days out of country and still got approved?

Many thanks
Maylia
There are couple of success, But few refusals last year on >540 days. You may find if you dig this thread.
You can only try your luck.
I know, it drives me crazy so different decisions on different cases! My solicitor said as long your absences were when you got a valid visa then it's fine - all my absences are holidays and when I had a valid visa so hopefully..

I have a few more questions if anyone could help please:

1) If I get the ILR, can I apply MN1 for my baby born in the UK (daddy is on PBS tier 4 not ILR) even at the moment she is stateless (no nationality due to we come from different countries and we don't want to register her either our nationality just yet).

2) I'm self-employed and should earn £22,000+ for this tax year. Will it be okay for my husband to apply spouse visa if I get ILR since it's self-employment and we have a kid.

Many thanks for all your help - much appreciated!
Hi,

Answers to your questions:

1) yes you can register your UK born kid as British using MN1 form after you get your ILR approved.

2) Self Employment income should suffice. Please make sure that you have submitted your annual returns of £22,000 and paid the correct tax. please make sure you provide HMRC documents as proof.

I hope above replies help.

Regards

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed May 28, 2014 5:41 pm

kam12 wrote:

Hiya ,

I know rules has been changed after 6 April 2014 but still it is not clear as Frl(M) form does not say regarding 6th april changes except fee..
form says ....If you were granted leave to enter or remain as a partner following an application made before the 9th July 2012 you are not
required to complete section 7A, Proceed to 7B MAINTENANCE...so i think he should fill up 7B
Hi Kam12,
Please don't go on what the forms are saying, don't understand why Home Office didn't make the change in the application forms but the rules are pretty clear regards to that, any one applying for an FLR(M) on or after 06th April 2014, will be applying under Appendix FM, and have to fill 7-A.
Please go through Appendix FM of Immigration rules, and you will have a clear picture.
I hope it helps.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

mat1055
Newly Registered

Post by mat1055 » Wed May 28, 2014 6:02 pm

UPDATE -
Application Sent on 30.12.2013
Acknowledge Letter dated 02.01.2014 and biometric enrolled on 16.01.2014
Received a letter on 13.05.2014 saying they need to see my degree certificate(s). Degree certificates posted off on 13.05.2014 via RMSD and my SET(LR) was approved the next day. Resident permit and all my supporting documents arrived on Friday 16.05.2014 in two envelopes.

Was on Student Visa for 7 years (English, A-Levels, BSc and MSc) followed by 2yrs PSW followed by 1yr student visa on another MSc.
Note, the University almost refused to enrol me at the beginning because I was holding a working visa (PSW) but they were obviously wrong and I switched from PSW to Tier 4 student visa just before my second semester. My second MSc was also at the same level as my first MSc (but in a slightly different area) but since I was still under the 5yrs cap, the University put down something like "to develop my career and as complimentary to my previous studies" on my CAS and yet I still graduated with a merit.

No gap and well under the 540 days limit (about 480 days), no criminal record.

My 10yrs residence actually qualified at the beginning of Sept but I only submitted my application at the end of Dec because I had to renew my passport (thanks to Shahkakaram for pointing that out :D ).

Documents - 3 passports (two were expired), Life in the UK test, degree transcripts (should actually include my degree certificates instead), and my home country travelling record (to show the date I left and re-entered my home country since UK broader doesn't stamp your passport when you leave). I also didn't include any photocopies (didn't read the guideline properly). I applied SAR but didn't include any of the documents.

Good luck to everyone else !

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Wed May 28, 2014 6:41 pm

Regards
Hi,

As HO has already published Immigration statistics for first quarter of 2014 please see the below link;

https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... ly-release

I have made an FOI Request regarding number of SET LR applications for January, February and March 2014 and how many of them already decided? Please follow below link;

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ics_ja/new

When i get a reply i will post the update here.

Regards

imranjavid
Newly Registered

Post by imranjavid » Wed May 28, 2014 9:15 pm

Hello every one,

i am applying my ILR on 10 years basis, i am student since September 2004 my wife joined me in June 2010 and now we have two kids born here in UK.
My questions is that

1. how much money i have to show in savings for my wife's application
2. do i have to apply extension for my kids as well or should i wait for my ILR application and apply their citizenship their visa expiring with me as well

thanks and best regards

IMRAN

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed May 28, 2014 10:45 pm

imranjavid wrote:Hello every one,

i am applying my ILR on 10 years basis, i am student since September 2004 my wife joined me in June 2010 and now we have two kids born here in UK.
My questions is that

1. how much money i have to show in savings for my wife's application
2. do i have to apply extension for my kids as well or should i wait for my ILR application and apply their citizenship their visa expiring with me as well

thanks and best regards

IMRAN
Hi Imran,
Regards to savings there is no hard and fast rule, but if you refer to section 7-B you would know that you have to give a clear picture of what you earnings are and what you are spending, so obviously your out goings should not be more than your incomings. It is always an advantage to show as much savings as you can.
Mind it that after 06th April 2014, you have to prove your income as well, so you have to fill section 7-A, and prove an income of £18600, as it will only be your Mrs applying for her FLR(M), you don't need to apply for your kids as both are born here, they could wait till you are granted the ILR, and than you apply MN1 for them.
All the best with your future applications.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Thu May 29, 2014 3:20 am

please seeking your kind help
am quite near to apply for ilr under 10 years long residency and that is why i am summing up everything and trying not making any mistake.i became victim of UKBA serious errors in 2010 when i applied for my tier4(student extention) details are as under.
1- my leave was expiring on 30-11-2009
2-i applied as on 29-10-2009(payment deducted)
3-got acknowledgement as on 13-11-2009
4- got biometrics invitation on 4-12-2009
5-23-03-2010 UKBA sent my form back and said its old version or not the right form fill another one and dont need to pay
6-filled the right form and sent it back to UKBA
7-in april again biometrics invitation and i had no option because might is right
8-20-5-2010 application was refused with no right of appeal pointed out that maintenance funds(was no problem either) are not sufficient and also pointed out that you made an out of time application on 31 of march 2010 while your leave to remain was expired on 30-11-2009
8-i had no option went to solicitor explained to him and he wrote to ukba explaining their series of mistakes and ask them to overturn decision or we will go to the high court.
about in mid or june or july 2010 they issued me with a biometrics for about three months as my course was finished in july 2010.

the thing which i wanna ask is that will the ukba will consider this as a gap as they used the term out of time application which was infact not and i did not reapplied and did not pay another fee.if they will still consider my previous application as an out of date application then i definately do not qualify for 10 years long residence or when the ukba overturned decision in my favour i am fine.Pls need help.Thanks you very much in advance

Mrs.P

Post by Mrs.P » Thu May 29, 2014 9:11 am

Regards

Hi,

16 in March, compared to 20 in Feb and 46 in Jan, so what is taking them so long.

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspxcid= ... 3_hUqPaGvc

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu May 29, 2014 9:13 am

Hi guys,
I thought to share a happy news from one of my friend who applied SET(LR) on the 14th of February, biometric done on the 1st of March 2014, he has just this morning received his biometric card still waiting for the documents to arrive. I will update as and when he receive his documents.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Mrs.P

Post by Mrs.P » Thu May 29, 2014 9:20 am

russelk wrote:Hi,
Can anybody tell me when immigration act 2014 going to commence and does it apply to those already applied for ILR ( 10 years long residence) ?
Hi, The Act will be implemented from summer 2014, here is a link to a summary of the main changes, I am not aware of any changes to LR as yet.

http://www.migrantsrights.org.uk/blog/2 ... ation-bill

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Thu May 29, 2014 9:36 am

March_LR14 wrote:

Regards
Bro I have lost any hope of getting a decision before July. HO has been very slow for past 6 weeks.

I will check if HO has released Immigration data of first quarter of 2014 than i will make a FOI request for Jan, Feb and March applications on the basis of long residence.

if you do cal HO and get any news that HO has started working on March applications please do share here.

Regards
AA .. Thats great bro you made a FOI request.
Bro the link which u shared doesnt say how many applications were in February and March for Set LR..
Please let me know if you have seen there?
Regards

adinx
Newly Registered

Post by adinx » Thu May 29, 2014 12:25 pm

Hello all,
I have been a silent reader since February and by the grace of Almighty Jehovah, the King of kings and Lord of lords, in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, I have received my ILR approval & BRP today. Here is my timeline
Application date: 10th February
Application confirmation letter: 12th February 2014
Biometric Invitation: 21st February 2014
Biometric Entered: 21st February 2014
ILR Approval: 27th May 2014
Documents & BRP: 29th May 2014
I just want to encourage everyone that with GOD, all things are possible. Just believe in Him and He will never disappoint. He is not man that He should lie and when He says He will give you every land that you shall tread upon, believe Him. Now I am a free man. Thank you Jesus, thank you God. This forum has really helped a lot of people and I really appreciate everyone and your contributions. God bless you all.

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Thu May 29, 2014 12:49 pm

adinx wrote:Hello all,
I have been a silent reader since February and by the grace of Almighty Jehovah, the King of kings and Lord of lords, in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, I have received my ILR approval & BRP today. Here is my timeline
I just want to encourage everyone that with GOD, all things are possible. Just believe in Him and He will never disappoint. He is not man that He should lie and when He says He will give you every land that you shall tread upon, believe Him. Now I am a free man. Thank you Jesus, thank you God. This forum has really helped a lot of people and I really appreciate everyone and your contributions. God bless you all.
Great News mate, Congrats and enjoy your freedom ..

Pray for us too.
Thanks

HowILR

Post by HowILR » Thu May 29, 2014 2:25 pm

Hi to all,

Good news for dependant FLR(m) was issued incorrectly to 2.5 years visa under new rules.

Firstly, my wife came tier1 dependant before july 2012 and i got ilr based on 10 years long residency..on 2nd april And she applied dependant of mine through flr(m) 4th april 2014 before the rule changes.

But case worker gave her 2.5 years visa even though i explained on cover letter she falls in old rules.

Firstly i phone Ho as they send a e-mail to the relevant team , waited for a week no response then i wrote a letter directly to the case worker and explained the situation. And 2 days later i have received a letter from Cardiff peo as they apologised to me and requested to me to send the brp card back to them.

Hopefully that will help for the people who are in dark situation like me.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu May 29, 2014 3:07 pm

Hi adinx,
Great news mate. Many congratulations. With out doubt in God we trust, and we will never be disappointed. Enjoy your freedom mate, and please remember us in your prayers. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu May 29, 2014 3:27 pm

HowILR wrote:Hi to all,

Good news for dependant FLR(m) was issued incorrectly to 2.5 years visa under new rules.

Firstly, my wife came tier1 dependant before july 2012 and i got ilr based on 10 years long residency..on 2nd april And she applied dependant of mine through flr(m) 4th april 2014 before the rule changes.

But case worker gave her 2.5 years visa even though i explained on cover letter she falls in old rules.

Firstly i phone Ho as they send a e-mail to the relevant team , waited for a week no response then i wrote a letter directly to the case worker and explained the situation. And 2 days later i have received a letter from Cardiff peo as they apologised to me and requested to me to send the brp card back to them.

Hopefully that will help for the people who are in dark situation like me.
Hi HowILR,
That is good news, thanks for sharing. Could you please explain in more details regards to writing to the case worker please. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Thu May 29, 2014 4:08 pm

hassan5805 wrote:
March_LR14 wrote:

Regards

Regards
AA .. Thats great bro you made a FOI request.
Bro the link which u shared doesnt say how many applications were in February and March for Set LR..
Please let me know if you have seen there?
Regards
Hi,

My FOI request is about the exact number of SET LR applications for Jan,Feb and March and how many of them already been decided? Hopefully within a week or so i should get those figures.

Immigration statistics only tells you how many applications approved and refused in a year for settlement and other categories. They don't give monthly breakdown of each category.

I called HO today and the lady said my application is with a department (which department she didn't tell me) and still pending. She confirmed HO is stilll dealing with Feb applications.

Regards

jd_dobariya
Newly Registered

Post by jd_dobariya » Thu May 29, 2014 4:34 pm

just to let you guys for the people waiting in feb
app sent 10/02
acknow 12/02
biometric 25/03
approval 29/05

good luck to the rest

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Thu May 29, 2014 5:01 pm

jd_dobariya wrote:just to let you guys for the people waiting in feb
app sent 10/02
acknow 12/02
biometric 25/03
approval 29/05

good luck to the rest
Many Congratulations and enjoy your freedom.

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Thu May 29, 2014 5:02 pm

Many Congratulations and Enjoy your freedom.