ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT Long term Staff Partner TO Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 ICT Long term Staff Partner TO Tier 2 General

Post by manci » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:22 pm

@aja
read the sponsor guidance p92 and onwards where the process is set out in detail:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-14.pdf

aja
United Kingdom

Post by aja » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:19 pm

@manci

Many thanks, from the last link you had stated, i understand that the x number would already have been allocated from the initial sponsorship process.

Going through the section " Details of Crearting a Restricted COS in preparation for Assigning to a Migrant " in the link https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... onsors.pdf

I have a few questions please :
> Country of residence -
q) I have been residing in UK for the last 2 year 4 months, however my home country is India. In this case, i will still fill in as :
UK right ?

> Current home address -
q) Would this be my UK home address or Indian permanent address ?

> Identiofication number -
q ) UK ID card number : Would this be my Tier 2 ICT Partner Visa number ?
National ID card number : Would this be the Indian passport number ?

> Work dates - " I am already working with the same company and ideally it would be till retirement. However for the visa"
Start date : If my COS is raised before 5th May, the start date could be any date like 1st week or 2nd week of June right ?

End Date : The plan is to apply for a 5 year visa, in which case, the end date could be something like 6 years from the start date right ?

> Does the migrant need to leave and re-enter the UK during the period of approval
q) Does this mean during the 5 year period the visa would be granted for or is it during the 2 to 4 week period when the visa is
processed in home country ?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:57 pm

aja wrote:@manci

Many thanks, from the last link you had stated, i understand that the x number would already have been allocated from the initial sponsorship process.
no, restricted CoSs have to be individually applied for through the SMS. Refer to the guidance, there is a quota.

Going through the section " Details of Crearting a Restricted COS in preparation for Assigning to a Migrant " in the link https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... onsors.pdf

Remember, only a Level 1 user of the sponsor company can use the SMS, you cannot. The company, not you, will be responsible to the HO for everything done through the SMS

I have a few questions please :
> Country of residence -
q) I have been residing in UK for the last 2 year 4 months, however my home country is India. In this case, i will still fill in as :
UK right ? no, India

Current home address -
q) Would this be my UK home address or Indian permanent address ? Indian address

> Identiofication number -
q ) UK ID card number : Would this be my Tier 2 ICT Partner Visa number ?
National ID card number : Would this be the Indian passport number ?
If these are not mandatory questions just give your UK NI number
>
Work dates - " I am already working with the same company and ideally it would be till retirement. However for the visa"
Start date : If my COS is raised before 5th May, the start date could be any date like 1st week or 2nd week of June right ?
the start date can be any date between the assignment date and your antricipated date of return to the UK. Remember, when you return you cannot start work before the work start date given in the CoS.

End Date : The plan is to apply for a 5 year visa, in which case, the end date could be something like 6 years from the start date right ? The end date should be 5 years from the start date

> Does the migrant need to leave and re-enter the UK during the period of approval
q) Does this mean during the 5 year period the visa would be granted for or is it during the 2 to 4 week period when the visa is
processed in home country ?the answer should be No to this question

aja
United Kingdom

Post by aja » Mon May 12, 2014 12:06 pm

@manci

Once the restricted COS of May 2014 are decided, would they be updated in ?
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ponsorship

Once this list is updated with data for May 2014, when the Level 1 user logs into SMS and verify the status of the COS, it should clearly state, if the application has been successful and if not successful, the reason for it right ?

Many Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon May 12, 2014 6:08 pm

if the restricted CoS is approved it should be in the SMS soon after the approval date

aja
United Kingdom

Post by aja » Tue May 13, 2014 12:56 pm

@manci

Many Many thanks for your guidance.

Thank god, the Restricted COS has been approved.
HR has allocated the COS to me as well.

I have got 2 documents from HR:
1. Heading as Single COS assigned.
The primary details in it are :
Tier & Category : (Tier 2 (General - new hires - restricted)
COS Number : xxxxxx
Date assigned : & Expiry Date :
Remaining are personal info.

2. Certificate of Sponsorship Details
Sponsor license number & name
certificate number, status = assigned, issue date, expiry date
Personal details
Work start date : 09-June
Office address
Migrants Employment :-
Job title,
Job type : In here, the SOC code and Description is mentioned
Summary of job description : Job summary is stated
Gross salary : £ xxx
have you met the resident labour market test : Y
Details of RLMT : xxxx
Post is at appropriate skill level : Y
sponsor certifies maintenance : Y

Questions :
1. From your earlier Suggestion (After they assigned the CoS ask them to email you a printout and check it (specially skill level, SOC code and salary)
Looking at the said details, they are correct. Any other information to be verified please ?

2. The start date given in cos is June 2014. and end date is June 2019.
In case i go to Home country and apply for entry clearance in July, will this have any consequences ?
Like, will the visa be issued FOR FULL 5 YEARS or only till the End date shown in COS (which will be 1 month less than 5 years, if i decide to travel in July)

3. With respect to filling the visa application, i assume there are questions like, have you used the NHS ? i have used it once in the last 2 years, so should i just say Yes and provide a approx month of use ?

4. With respect to information of prior travel to UK,
I can fill in the date of first arrival, date of departure and like wise for the period i have had entry exit to UK.
However, since i am in UK now, shall i just fill the last entry as (Nov / 2013) and exit as NA ? will that make sense ?

I will have a lot more questions as i fill in the forms and secure appointment in the next few weeks. :)
Many thanks for all your support

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue May 13, 2014 6:09 pm

@aja
the most important items to check are skill level, SOC code and salary but you should also check everything else, e.g. personal details.
If you will start later than the work start date given in the CoS this has to be agreed with the employer. It should be in writing and you should carry the confirmation with you just in case you are questioned at the UK border.
The visa will be to the end date given in the CoS + 14 days
There is no question on the application form about the use of the NHS and, in any case, you were entitled to use it, it is not a public fund. You'll probably have to make an online application but, as a guide, the paper form is here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... etails.pdf
You will apply from home country therefore you will know when you exited from the UK.

aja
United Kingdom

Post by aja » Tue May 13, 2014 10:09 pm

@manci

Many thanks for the info.

I will be applying from India, therefore i guess online application is what is required.
I am trying to fill the application from https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/account/login

In there, i selected the option : Work - Tier 2 (General) visa - General Migrant, up to 5 years
Once in; there are sections in the left hand side like : Passport & Travel information, personal details & travel history, family details,
Medical treatment, tier 2 skilled worker, additional information.

Under the medical treatment, is where it asks for questions like :
q) Have you ever recieved medical treatment in UK
q) Did you have to pay for it
q) Where did you receive the treatment (address)
q) Treatment start date & End date

In my case, i did go to A&E once, when i has chicken pox, as usual, they gave some paracetamol and sent back.

Manci - Hope i am using the right form for visa application. I wasn't aware of this paper form, hope i should still be using the online form as i will be applying from India ?

Thanks

aja
United Kingdom

Post by aja » Tue May 27, 2014 9:06 am

@manci

After some discussions with the employer, this is what has been agreed.

1. Restricted COS issued date : 13 May
2. Start Date entered on on COS : 09 June
3. Planned date of Travel to India : 28 June
4. Planned date of Attending visa appointment : 30 June

q) Employer will raise a sponsor note through SMS with Start date : 14 July
Reason - due to the travel involved and time required for visa processing, start date has been extended.
--> Is this fine in terms of date and reason please ?

q) As additional doc, employer will send an email containing the same details as in sponsor note.
I will submit a print out of this email as well along with the application.
-- > Any other additional documents / proofs required please ?

q) Except for the planned travel date to India, employer is flexible with start date to be put in sponsor note.
If any other start date would make sense or if any other reason on sponsor note is more appropriate, please let
know.

Many Thanks

aja
United Kingdom

Post by aja » Wed May 28, 2014 8:37 pm

@manci,

Can you please provide your thoughts, if the details on the above post look fine.

Thank you

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri May 30, 2014 7:50 am

the actual start date can be later than the start date given in the CoS provided it has been agreed with the sponsor. You must apply not later than 3 months after the CoS has been assigned.

aja
United Kingdom

Post by aja » Fri May 30, 2014 9:35 am

@manci,

Many thanks for your valuable input and your continued support.

I appreciate all the help.

Thanks & Regards

aja
United Kingdom

Post by aja » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:27 pm

@ Manci,

Many thanks for all your support and guidance.

I have finally got through the process.

Once again Thanks a Lot ..

navin1208
Newly Registered

Post by navin1208 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:57 pm

@Aja - any quick responses are highly appreciated.
Could you please share your experience in filling up the form and the documentation that is required to be submitted in India? Do you get priority appointments without wait in VFS? (I need to go to Bangalore). I have seen some posts that talk about Tenancy agreement, will the Utility and council tax bills be enough? Should bank statements be 90 days or best to have more than 90 Days. Does one needs to provide address proofs in India? Like you, we live here and our addresses and bank statements are from the UK.

I have lots of questions re the application form. I don't think one can submit the application still being in the UK. Any other way to book an appointment?

Dependents applications will be applied from the UK, does the primary tier2 Gen applicant still has to provide marriage certificate or any birth certificates?
If you can give advice on anything specific one needs to be prepared for pls?

navin1208
Newly Registered

Post by navin1208 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:51 pm

Experts, can you pls help? We are expecting CoS confirmation tomorrow and intend to complete application for submission. Also, can anyone help with solicitors? How are migration experts? Has anyone used their services

navin1208
Newly Registered

Post by navin1208 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:42 pm

Can nobody help me with with the queries? I have called the out of country helpline but they are useless.

deepakpareek

Post by deepakpareek » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:35 pm

Hi,

I'm here in UK in Tier2 ICT dependent visa and going to apply for Tier2 [General] from India. I m working here in UK with same employer from almost 1 year and same employer is sponsoring me.
- Do i need again offer letter with fresh dates or previous year will going to work as it is or there is no need to submit offer letter.
- Which other documents require to submit for visa.
- Is New Delhi visa centre having priority service/Tatkal service.
- In my COS letter the Start Date is mentioned 30 OCT 14 and End date 30 Oct 2019, whereas I have to go india on 24th Nov. Is previous start date makes any difference.

It will be helpful, if you provide the step by step details to fill the visa form and any hiccups you got during your process.. so that I can check everything before I got into some trouble.

Thanks,
Deepak

anujjaglan
Newly Registered

Post by anujjaglan » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:35 am

Hi Aja/Ishika,

I have the similar situation. Could you please update if you got the T2G visa? I was looking to send private message but could not find the option.

Looking forward for your reply.

Regards
AJ