ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help!!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

qaim
Newly Registered

Please help!!!

Post by qaim » Wed May 28, 2014 3:01 pm

I am an Indian citizen working in Saudi. I have a 5 years multiple visit visa (Type C) to the UK. I am intending to marry my fiance who lives in the UK and is a British citizen, and I want to bring her to Saudi as my dependant because I am not planning to settle in the UK. Could someone please tell me how I should go about that? I am really confused about what steps to take and where to start from?

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Please help!!!

Post by Casa » Wed May 28, 2014 3:24 pm

You need to apply for a Marriage Visitor Visa. https://www.gov.uk/marriage-visa
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Wed May 28, 2014 7:31 pm

Depends on how old she is, if shes only like 12 years old you wont be able to.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

qaim
Newly Registered

Post by qaim » Wed May 28, 2014 9:52 pm

Casa wrote:You need to apply for a Marriage Visitor Visa. https://www.gov.uk/marriage-visa
Thanks. If I applied for this marriage visitor visa, will it cancel my existing long term visa? Also, once I have registered my marriage in the UK do I have to register it with the Indian Embassy in the UK?

Thanks again