ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship for Child born Abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lmkanuri
Newly Registered

Citizenship for Child born Abroad

Post by lmkanuri » Tue May 27, 2014 8:46 pm

I have been inquiring about the situation with different sources and i am getting conflicting answers. Can someone suggest me correctly.

My self and my wife got ILR in March 2013. My second child was born in India in March 2014. I got my naturalization certificate today and i should be having my British passport by end of June.

1) Question 1: I am panning to apply indian passport for my child. Since I am british citizen now, on what Visa category should i apply for my child visa (as it cannot be ILR dependent now ) ?

2) Question 2: Cant i apply for British passport for my child in India ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship for Child born Abroad

Post by CR001 » Tue May 27, 2014 10:38 pm

lmkanuri wrote:I have been inquiring about the situation with different sources and i am getting conflicting answers. Can someone suggest me correctly.

My self and my wife got ILR in March 2013. My second child was born in India in March 2014. I got my naturalization certificate today and i should be having my British passport by end of June.

1) Question 1: I am panning to apply indian passport for my child. Since I am british citizen now, on what Visa category should i apply for my child visa (as it cannot be ILR dependent now ) ? ILR dependent and BC dependent is the same visa category/application. Settlement visa for child or ILE

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview

2) Question 2: Cant i apply for British passport for my child in India ? No, because the child is not British if born abroad to parents that hold ILR. If child had been born in the UK, the child would have been automatically British and could have applied for a passport directly. Also, if child would also only be British by descent if born AFTER your received BC
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lmkanuri
Newly Registered

Post by lmkanuri » Thu May 29, 2014 4:30 am

Thank you very much for the information.

lmkanuri
Newly Registered

Post by lmkanuri » Sat May 31, 2014 6:24 pm

What documents do i need to send for My child's Visa who was born in india couple of months back.

Background : I became british citizen recently. My wife & my kids are in india. My wife is on ILR, my elder daughter is british citizen and my younger one is 2 months old and her Indian passport application is in progress.

I need to send documents for my youngest daughter. My questions are as follows :

1) What documents do i need to send to India ?

2) Is this the correct application form ?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-vaf4a

3) Do i have to manage any funds? If so how many months as i have now 3 dependents on me ?

4) how long does the visa process take ?