ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling on FLR - M Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Travelling on FLR - M Visa

Post by huqqapani » Wed May 28, 2014 1:04 pm

Gurus

I am an ILR holder and my wife recently converted her Tier 2 dependent visa to FLR M visa. We are planning to go away for 2 weeks in June this year. And also for another 6 weeks later this year in October.

I wanted to ask whether the time spent outside the UK above will count against her in future SET M application. She came to UK in June 2011 so i guess under the new rules she can apply for SET M in June 2016. Please advise.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Travelling on FLR - M Visa

Post by huqqapani » Wed May 28, 2014 7:18 pm

Folks

Can someone please help me with the query above. Much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 28, 2014 10:19 pm

No it shouldn't as it is normal for people to go abroad on holiday etc but absences should be limited and for good reason.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Wed May 28, 2014 10:31 pm

Thanks CR001

Also, i am currently unemployed as i resigned from my job and in middle of changing employers, starting with new employer in July 2014. Could this be an issue on my wife's visa when we return from holiday.
I was employed at the time she was given the FLR M ?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu May 29, 2014 6:42 am

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Thu May 29, 2014 9:55 am

Amber

i have gone through the thread and have not found the info that is relevant to my case. most of the posts are for people who are applying for FLR M. My wife already has FLR M visa and I have ILR (Since Nov 2013).

My question was that would she (or both of us) be questioned by UKBA IO on our return (after 2 weeks holiday in June 2014) about my job status as currently I am in the middle of changing jobs and hence unemployed. Can you please be specific on my case, i desperately need to know this so that if i can, i can take any relevant documents with me to ensure we or she doesnt get held up at airport by IO.

Many thanks in advance.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu May 29, 2014 5:03 pm

The requirement of SET(M) adequate maintenance is the same as those discussed in that thread!
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Thu May 29, 2014 5:27 pm

Amber

Im absolutely lost. Can you please tell me what evidence do I need to take with me on our holiday so that IO at airport doesn't cause hassle to me or my wife.

Just to reiterate, I'm already and ILR holder and she is on FLRM.