ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 extension - a new COS needed or not?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Michelleh
Newly Registered

Tier2 extension - a new COS needed or not?

Post by Michelleh » Wed May 21, 2014 4:01 pm

Hi,
I am planning to extend my Tier2 visa as early as possible but not so sure what documents/evidence I should post with applicaiton form? Could someone please help me out?

my current situation is :
1. tier2 (general) expires :24/10/2014;
2. COS expires: 09/2015;
3. same employer and same role

my questions are:
1. do I need a new COS?
2. do I need provide the same proof documents as first time I did Tier2 applicaiton? e.g payslips, bank statements, education documents and etc...

Looking forward to hearing from your guys, especially manci soon...

the3rdman

Re: Tier2 extension - a new COS needed or not?

Post by the3rdman » Thu May 22, 2014 9:44 am

Hi and welcome to the site.

Just a quick question: How does your Visa expire before the COS? The end date on the COS should coincide with the end date on your visa.

However, when extending, you WILL need a new COS. Since you are in the same role and with the same employer, the process is fairly straight forward, as your sponsor can request a COS for extension via the SMS.

In regards to documents to include, you can submit all of the documents you mentioned, but as far as I know, they are not required for an extension. You automatically gain points on maintenance for being in the UK as a Tier 2 migrant. As an extension, you are extending your current visa, thus all of the documentation required for your initial Tier 2 application will be carried over. For example, you will not need to do another RLMT, because that was already done initially. Hope that makes sense.

One other thing, if you're here on an ICT visa, then payslips may be required, but that is something I'm not too familiar with.

Michelleh
Newly Registered

Post by Michelleh » Thu May 22, 2014 2:40 pm

Thanks, the3rdman. It is very clear and useful.

I was told by my employer and the sponsorship certificate is valid till Sept 2015. I have spoken to home office this morning and was advised there must be something wrong with it.

I have to send a letter to the place I initally applied my Tier2 and ask why it happened and what I should do in this case.

Thanks a lot for all the ansers anyway!

Michelleh
Newly Registered

Post by Michelleh » Thu May 29, 2014 3:57 pm

it is really annoying.

My employer heard back for BUSINESS HELPDESK-- Sponsor certificate saying it is not a problem for me to renew my Tier2 even though my COS was allocated one year longer than my current visa. It suggesting I just go ahead to extend my Tier2 for another 3 year and my employer revew COS in sept next year before its expired date.

While I rang HOME OFFICE twice and was told it should not happen. COS and individual visa should have been allocated same period of legnth. Therefore I need ask my employer to renew COS first.

Does anyone have similar experience? What should I do? I dont want to just post my application as it could waste of money if it is invalid...

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu May 29, 2014 4:29 pm

I think you should read the guidance in the first instance, so that u dont confuse yourself with wrong terminologies.

What the business help desk has advised is that you apply for an extension.
Your employer does not have to renew the cos.. they have to issue you a new cos, starting from the date when ur visa expires 24/10/14 to till the time they want to employ u. (it can be up to 5 years. but u will have to pay more if over 3 years)

then once u have a new cos, u need to apply for a new visa, with correct fee, and u will get a new visa (extension)