ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Crimbo111
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Crimbo111 » Thu May 29, 2014 5:57 am

Crimbo111 wrote:Salam :)

So, I made my application for settlement yesterday at Lahore office. I want to know how I can track the application?

I've got the link (went through posts here) but I'm unable to track my application. I've tried with Application reference number (the tracking page exclusively says don't use that as it wont be valid - but i did to check and failed). I was only given a receipt at center which only has the same application ref number, along with 2 long plastic ribbons with some alpha numeric number (i've tried both for tracking but failed again).

Please provide help here, how you guys are tracking your applications?

THank You
Anyone? Still looking for tracking info :/

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Thu May 29, 2014 7:44 am

salaam all

when completing the online application i read that you are meant to book an appointment slot to submit in the application at the application center.

what i also heard from someone in Pakistan is that you don't need to book an appointment and can just walk in there without an appointment and hand in the documents. Does anyone know if this is true?

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Thu May 29, 2014 7:58 am

abdulraheem123 wrote:salaam all

when completing the online application i read that you are meant to book an appointment slot to submit in the application at the application center.

what i also heard from someone in Pakistan is that you don't need to book an appointment and can just walk in there without an appointment and hand in the documents. Does anyone know if this is true?
What ever you heard is not true!! Visit Garry webpages to get full information.
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Thu May 29, 2014 8:45 am

yeah i did read on there that you need an appointment, but an agent in kashmir was saying that you dont need an appointment anymore, so i was wondering if it was true or not

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Thu May 29, 2014 10:18 am

abdulraheem123 wrote:yeah i did read on there that you need an appointment, but an agent in kashmir was saying that you dont need an appointment anymore, so i was wondering if it was true or not
I really don't understand why people don't believe on what Garry webpages says and listening to these agents with no qualification plus paying them money and get refused.
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

NaveedYousaf12
Newly Registered

Post by NaveedYousaf12 » Thu May 29, 2014 11:15 am

guys please comments on the following rule

New Immigration Bill 2013-2014 has been granted the Royal Assent.

From 14 May 2014 there is no right of appeal if your application has been refused by the UK Visa and Immigration (Home Office). The only way which is left to get the decision reconsidered is to lodge an Administrative Review.

The Restriction does not apply to the applications where applicant has made representations in respect of Human Rights, Asylum, Humantarian protection or Refugee claim.

However if you have lodged your application on the basis on Human Rights the applicant will be removed from the UK and only after that the Appeal will be considered.

The Tribunal will also be restricted to consider the matter apart from the reason of refusal unless the Tribunal has been given permission by the Secretary of State.

This only leaves one resort to all the applicats i.e. to file for a Judicial Review against their refusal.

i have taken these lines from
http://www.imperialvisas.com/news/296-r ... ppeal.html

does it apply to our cases as well
i mean spouse case

shah1991

Post by shah1991 » Thu May 29, 2014 11:48 am

Selaam alai kum,

Hello its gonna be two months tommorow since i sent additional documents no reply yet. I can see my MP tommorow morning but if you can help on what should i tell her to do or how did you explain to your MP i will appreciate it. or should i contact BHC ISLAMABAD my self?

Thanks

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Thu May 29, 2014 9:57 pm

NaveedYousaf12 wrote:@alawayshope

I thought so. You should try contacting the visaenquiries email address. For some reason i dont trust the new service thats been introduced, they only give you information you already are aware of. My advice to you is defo contact them on visaenquiries email address.

Thank u for ur advice
Can u give me email for visa enquiries[/quote]

Sure the email address is: visaenquiries.islamabad@fco.gov.uk
Submitted Application: Feb 2012
Application Refused: Jul 2012
Appealed: Unsuccessfull
Reapplied: 27th Sep 2013
Application hold - Jan 2014
RFC: 26th August 2014
Result: Alhamdulillah Visa Granted - All thanks to Allah and your prayers

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Thu May 29, 2014 10:24 pm

zeeh wrote:
abdulraheem123 wrote:yeah i did read on there that you need an appointment, but an agent in kashmir was saying that you dont need an appointment anymore, so i was wondering if it was true or not
I really don't understand why people don't believe on what Garry webpages says and listening to these agents with no qualification plus paying them money and get refused.

i am not paying him any money and i am not using him as an agent, he is a friend of the family there, and he sounded so sure about it that i thought i check on here to see if anyone else on here has experienced this

magicman316

Post by magicman316 » Fri May 30, 2014 12:08 am

I believe that new applications with GWF numbers can only be tracked online via email, chat or call to UKVI directly and you can't use the VFS Global Tracking service. My wife applied a few days ago and was only given the same GWF Number that we knew of and nothing else, so this surely must be the case? Applied in Islamabad.

Is this information correct?

Thanks.
27/5/14 - Applied in Islamabad
12/06/14 - Decision Delayed (Further Enquiries)
13/06/14 - Email & Call from VAC to collect Passport
16/06/14 - Visa Granted!

saaz_pak
Newly Registered

Post by saaz_pak » Fri May 30, 2014 2:34 am

fn286 wrote:I just missed one point... the UKVI email service is rubbish... they replied to me on Monday 26/05/14 that 'Application not yet assessed, an officer received the application but no decision is made yet' ... but the visa was already issued on 22/05/2014.
fn286 wrote:Dear all...friends...fellow members...

The time has come to unleash the mystery and share my secrets with you all.. I was waiting for the right moment .. observing the forum every day...some good news some not so good news...

Today my wife collected the passport, after receiving RFC yesterday...visa issued.. I thank Allah for not only giving us visa but also for giving me the brains and guts to prepare a rock solid case for my wife that no one could dare to hold or refuse..

Settlement/spouse Visa applied on 07/04/2014 (karachi)
visa stamped: 22/05/2014 (exactly after 30 working days)
visa expiry: 22/02/2017 (3 months extra I guess)
RFC: 27/05/2014
Collected : 28/05/2014

A couple of people on this got visa way quiker than me...everyone on this forum have different views...but there are just a couple of things differentiate your application from being ordinary and strong. The most important document is the HMRC letter showing your employer name, earnings and taxes..second imp doc is wife passport with your surname...they won't even look at your marriage certificates and communcations...we only had nikah but still my wife had cnic and passport in my name...p60 is good but hmrc will force them to give you visa in a month...otherwise good luck with waiting for months...chasing MP.. minister...emails ... nothing will help...

All the best to all members especially ..alwayshope...zeeh...and others...

Time to book honeymoon in Miami...now I have to apply her USA visa but that shouldn't be a problem now after UK visa..

Allah Hafiz
COngratulations!!
just a quick question how did you meet financial requirements? DO you think two jobs would do any good if i make 9300 pounds gross within six months???
THanks

Crimbo111
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Crimbo111 » Fri May 30, 2014 6:03 am

magicman316 wrote:I believe that new applications with GWF numbers can only be tracked online via email, chat or call to UKVI directly and you can't use the VFS Global Tracking service. My wife applied a few days ago and was only given the same GWF Number that we knew of and nothing else, so this surely must be the case? Applied in Islamabad.

Is this information correct?

Thanks.
This is correct. I applied on 27th May, and was only given receipt (which has my GWF number- nothing new) and two long plastic ribbons, taken from the seal post bags (?) which do have some number like PAK 1234567890 AT (which I'm sure is definitely not something for tracking).

fn286

Post by fn286 » Fri May 30, 2014 9:51 am

Dear saaz_pak

I work for a highly recognised insurance company on a managerial position...

It's better not to ask question from me because I'm a straight forward person and often blunt. Yes, you can apply with 2 jobs or with 4 jobs it doesnt matter...your file will be thrown away for ages...and don't expect visa any sooner...very few got visa in time with 2 jobs (possibly odd jobs) ...be prepared to wait for 6 months and feel free to share your frustration on this forum :)

You may disagree like many others, but if I were you I would rather show one job of atleast £25,000 through an accountant ..ask him to update my record with HMRC via RTI..credit salaries in the account regularly every month for at least 6-7 months ..get the letter from HMRC showing the employer name (forget p60), earnings, tax etc..ask accountant to prepare salaries...arrange the bank statement, proof of address docs like bills etc, fill the form and sit back and relax and wait for 30 working days only... dont worry about the tax on £25K salary..a good accountant can dodge that for you but obviously he will charge you for that....you may have to wait for 7-8 months this way too but trust me it will be less frustrating...I salute people waiting for months I couldnt even wait for 2 months...it was terrible...

But ofcourse if your honest emaandar kind of a person, than good luck..because by the time you will get the visa your member status will be changed to diamond member (guess its currently newly registered) :)

Remember they don't want us in this country any more... things will only become worst for us...especially when we don't earn good money...lets be open you cannot survive without benefits if you make less than 22K...and they hate when girls sponsor husbands so they create more problems and delays because they see them as biggest threat... husband coming to UK will not have a job any sooner (white collar job almost impossible, chicken shop hmmm probably!) .. if girl's family have a good business and willing to support than he can join it so no problem...but if no business then job is only source of income...and during this time if wife (the person earning..the bread runner) gets pregnant ... you know what happens next...

Or of course you can wait till UK opts out of EU and visa are open again for non-EU migrants...vote for UKIP :)

Sorry for the long reply..you probably wont read it all..most of it is rubbish anyway :)

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Fri May 30, 2014 10:41 am

Fn286
Where would one get hmrc letter? Who would u contact for this and what should it entail?
Applied online 15/9/15
Biometrics mirpur 17/9/15
Documents confirmation November

qas786
Newly Registered

Post by qas786 » Fri May 30, 2014 2:10 pm

Hello im new member
just want to know I have applied for settlement visa and its been over 3 months now and no reply from ukvi? Application still says forwarded to islamabad oc could you please tell me what does this really mean..
I want to track status could you plz help me out wiv the telephone number so I cud get in touch wiv them thanks
Last edited by qas786 on Fri May 30, 2014 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fn286

Post by fn286 » Fri May 30, 2014 2:16 pm

HELLO786

there is a trick to get this letter from HMRC quickly...otherwise they will ask you to write a letter...and wait for a month..

cal their number and on their crap IVR say 'PAYE coding notice' .... dont ever say 'employment history' ...you will be directed to other dept...and then provide your details... I hate it... don't worry if your NI is not picked up right..just say yes...and when a human comes over the phone tell him...

now the trick start.... tell the guy you want to check if earnings reported by your employer and taxes paid... tell him you really urgently need it...cry a bit (easy for girls !)...then tell him the tax years... if you want to show earnings form last year then tax year 2013 - 2014 should be fine... your employer name will be there... now another important thing...for current employment the letter won't show your earnings and taxes ..so do mention that last time when you requested the letter current and ongoing employment earnings were not stated on the letter... kindly make sure they are there...

all done.. your letter will arrive in 5 working days...

all the best...

HELLO786 wrote:Fn286
Where would one get hmrc letter? Who would u contact for this and what should it entail?

fn286

Post by fn286 » Fri May 30, 2014 2:18 pm

I feel sorry for you but you're not the only one... you can't do much other than counting days....

welcome to the club....
qas786 wrote:Hello im new member
just want to know I have applied for settlement visa and its been over 3 months now and no reply from ukvi? Application still says forwarded to islamabad oc could you please tell me what does this really mean thanks

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Fri May 30, 2014 2:34 pm

fn286 wrote:HELLO786

there is a trick to get this letter from HMRC quickly...

now the trick start.... tell the guy you want to check if earnings reported by your employer and taxes paid... tell him you really urgently need it...cry a bit hat last time when you requested the letter current and ongoing employment earnings were not stated on the letter... kindly make sure they are there...

all done.. your letter will arrive in 5 working days...

all the best...

HELLO786 wrote:Fn286

Thank u muchly!
Applied online 15/9/15
Biometrics mirpur 17/9/15
Documents confirmation November

shazia79
Newly Registered

Post by shazia79 » Sat May 31, 2014 3:54 am

Submitted application 14/02/2014
In process at BHC 27/02/2014
RFC ...... In sha allah soon.

after reading a number of posts dont really know what to expect, have been waiting since feb but no update, I have emaied them but im only advised its not been assessed by a entry clearenace office. Really dont know why its taking so long. :( :( :(

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Sat May 31, 2014 10:28 am

Any news?

sunshine83
Newly Registered

Post by sunshine83 » Sat May 31, 2014 2:11 pm

Hello All!

I am a new member but have bee following the forum. I recently applied for spouse visa on 15/5/2014. I have noticed from the posts( and was also told by Gerrys on submitting application) that applications since march are being processed quicker ( from 1 week to one month) I have not noticed a lot of posters from after march here though.

So wanted to start this thread for recent applicants as of since March to post their timelines in order to see if this in fact is true.

Thanks!

Taqi512
Newly Registered

Post by Taqi512 » Sat May 31, 2014 2:43 pm

:roll:
sunshine83 wrote:
Dear Sunshine. Let me share with you I have applied on 14/04/14 and there is no news what so ever, could you please find out how to trace the application status and what is the right format. I didn't realize this before but now I know how waiting can be TRAUMATIZED. I have been trying to check with various methods but no luck.I will be grateful if you kindly be any help! Duago: Taqi

new member but have bee following the forum. I recently applied for spouse visa on 15/5/2014. I have noticed from the posts( and was also told by Gerrys on submitting application) that applications since march are being processed quicker ( from 1 week to one month) I have not noticed a lot of posters from after march here though.

So wanted to start this thread for recent applicants as of since March to post their timelines in order to see if this in fact is true.

Thanks!

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Sat May 31, 2014 3:15 pm

Best thing to do is just wait. On our first application, I e-mailed the BHC every month end to ask for an update. We got a reply after 4 months after applying. This time, I will just wait and see how soon they make a decision.

sunshine83
Newly Registered

Post by sunshine83 » Sat May 31, 2014 3:41 pm

They have changed the system after march by just giving out GWF numbers, so now applications cannot be tracked on the vfs link.You can track by only emailing or web chatting by going on the UKVI international enquiry link.

haider12
Newly Registered

Post by haider12 » Sat May 31, 2014 6:11 pm

sunshine83 wrote:Hello All!

I am a new member but have bee following the forum. I recently applied for spouse visa on 15/5/2014. I have noticed from the posts( and was also told by Gerrys on submitting application) that applications since march are being processed quicker ( from 1 week to one month) I have not noticed a lot of posters from after march here though.

Thanks!

we applied in the last week of may from Islamabad and heard the same thing from the officers. in fact the mrs met a woman who was there to collect her passport and said she got her visa within a week.

havent heard anything so we're on the waiting bandwagon too i suppose!