ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Difference between self-employed and limited company

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xyz111
BANNED

Difference between self-employed and limited company

Post by xyz111 » Fri May 30, 2014 12:01 pm

Hi,

Wondering if there is a difference between self-employed and being director (employee) of a limited company?! This is related to Form AN, which requires statement of accounts from self-employed applicants.

I am limited company director (and sole employee) and applying for naturalisation based on 5 years work residency and 1 year ILR.

Question:If I can consider myself PAYE then what do I need to submit?!

Thanks.

newbie_t

Re: Difference between self-employed and limited company

Post by newbie_t » Fri May 30, 2014 12:14 pm

xyz111 wrote:Hi,

Wondering if there is a difference between self-employed and being director (employee) of a limited company?! This is related to Form AN, which requires statement of accounts from self-employed applicants.

I am limited company director (and sole employee) and applying for naturalisation based on 5 years work residency and 1 year ILR.

Question:If I can consider myself PAYE then what do I need to submit?!

Thanks.
Your PAYE reference number.

xyz111
BANNED

Post by xyz111 » Fri May 30, 2014 1:43 pm

Many thanks.

1. for my situation would that be sufficient as I switched into limited company business vert recently?!! I have been PAYE forever!!

2. For the purpose of AN form. Are self-employed differant than Limited Company (with sole employees) owners?

Thanks.

newbie_t

Post by newbie_t » Fri May 30, 2014 1:48 pm

xyz111 wrote:Many thanks.

1. for my situation would that be sufficient as I switched into limited company business vert recently?!! I have been PAYE forever!!

2. For the purpose of AN form. Are self-employed different than Limited Company (with sole employees) owners?

Thanks.
1. Yes, you are an 'Employee' of your limited company.

2. Self-employed is different to being a director (share holder) of your limited company.