ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adoption of my Nephew

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Seena

Adoption of my Nephew

Post by Seena » Fri May 30, 2014 8:42 am

Hello All,

My question is related to adoption of my nephew into Ireland. I am a Naturalized Irish citizen and we have an Irish born baby. My husband is on Stamp 4 as a spouse of Irish citizen.

Due to some domestic issues we want to adopt my nephew from Pakistan who is about 6 years old and we want to bring him into Ireland. We have full time jobs and a big house to accommodate my nephew. Could any one please let me know if you have any info on how to start the adoption process ? who to contact in the first place ? and how long would the whole process take ? etc etc.

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Seena

Sodireland
Newly Registered

Re: Adoption of my Nephew

Post by Sodireland » Fri May 30, 2014 7:53 pm

Hello

you would probably be better off affecting a domestic local adoption in Pakistan,then you can apply for a dependent visa,we are doing the same in the Philippines takes approx 1 year,not sure how long it would take in Pakistan
you cannot do an intercountry adoption through Ireland as nominated child is not allowed unnder hauge convention rules,so really in my opinion Local adoption is your only option.

hope this helps