ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is the name for first time spouse visa on 5 year route?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

k.scully
Newly Registered

What is the name for first time spouse visa on 5 year route?

Post by k.scully » Fri May 30, 2014 8:33 pm

I've been with my husband for six years and we got married in September 2013. He moved back to England from the U.S. after graduating university in December 2013 and we are very close to qualifying for the 6 month financial requirement (we meet this August 1st).

All was well and good until I started the visa4uk online application. I selected the settlement from the drop-down menu and then wife. I didn't think anything else applied to me from the other options.

However, I have two issues that are giving me cause for alarm:

Firstly, this message popped up when I selected settlement--wife option: "After you have completed the online form, you must complete the relevant appendix, which can be found at: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ther-visas. Sponsorship Undertaking Form (SU07). If you are applying for settlement as the parent, grandparent or other dependant relative of someone in the UK, your sponsor needs to complete and sign the Sponsorship Undertaking Form (SU07), which can be found at: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... p-form.pdf. By signing this form, your sponsor confirms that they will be responsible for your maintenance and accommodation in the UK." When I click the links it is for the "Application for UK visa (non-PBS work or UK ancestry): form VAF2" I'm not sure if this right as I read elsewhere I needed form VAF4.

Secondly, there was also no place on the application for me to put in my husband's income or our financial savings. I'm assuming this paperwork can be found under Sponsorship Undertaking Form (SU07)? Is this paperwork also where we select which route we are applying for (5 or 10 year)? I've been reading on the UK website that there is a 5 year and 10 year route to the spouse visa process where you reapply every 2.5 years. We wish to do the 5 year route since we meet the financial requirement of 18,600 GBP a year.

Basically, am I filling out the right paperwork by selecting settlement-wife from the drop-down menu, or am I completely off base? I feel pretty clueless at this point and pretty frustrated as I feel figuring out which application to even fill out should be pretty straightforward. Also, I want to submit my application online before we reach August so I can have my appointment and have everything ready to send off on August 1st. I'm 99% sure this okay, but some confirmation from someone else would be helpful.

A big cheers from me for reading all this,
Kelsie

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: What is the name for first time spouse visa on 5 year ro

Post by Lucapooka » Fri May 30, 2014 8:42 pm

You choose settlement wife. SU07 is not relevant to your category of application so you don't need to provide this. But you do need to download and complete the financial appendix 2 in addition to the on-line application. The appendix 2 can be found here.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... endix2.pdf

k.scully
Newly Registered

Re: What is the name for first time spouse visa on 5 year ro

Post by k.scully » Fri May 30, 2014 8:51 pm

Cheers, the information that appeared when I selected settlement-wife completely threw me off base. I appreciate the confirmation. I told my husband I was pretty confident I was doing it right, but he was convinced I was doing the wrong app. I appreciate your help and really appreciate the link to the form.

Kelsie