ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR holder vs immigration officer on airport

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Miangee

ILR holder vs immigration officer on airport

Post by Miangee » Sat May 31, 2014 12:43 am

Hi all members

I have got my ILR last month on 10 year long residence I would like to know what does mean by exempt from immigration control after getting ILR as I have visited Saudi Arabia last week for one week only and have been question a lot on the way back on airport by the immigration officer which was normally when I was student
He said to me how did u get ILR where u gone why u gone I am confused to face this problem what's the point having ILR if I still have to waste my time on airport can any one explain is this normal practice or only happend to me
One of my friend told me that they are cancelling the ILR on airport for those people whose have not paid tax when they were on Hsmp or have not complete their study
as I am going abroad next month for three weeks just scared they might ask me why u r going again again as I have not got job yet and was not completed my last course of study after getting my ILR. as I have read several time here enjoy ur freedom but I still can't see any freedom until I get british passport next years

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Re: ILR holder vs immigration officer on airport

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Sat May 31, 2014 2:59 am

What is the current status and profession of your friend who is saying that. Can you ask him any official guideline or source of information about that. I am not expert but just guess that unpaid taxes may make problem when applying Red British passport but it won't cancel ILR.
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Sat May 31, 2014 4:13 am

No one can cancel your ILR at the aiport.You will still face questions at the airport but there is nothing they can do.Even if you get a british passport they might question you just like they questioned the channel 4 journalist .

Some of the questions can be annoying but answer them to the best of your ability.You have nothing to worry about.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat May 31, 2014 9:40 am

Actually they can revoke your ILR at the airport, if for example, the EC officer is satisfied you've been out the Country for more than 2 years, you'd likely be admitted as a visitor.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Sat May 31, 2014 5:12 pm

Hi thanks amber so as per you they cant revoke the ilr on airport due to none paid taxes or un complete course of study only except 2 year absence from uk and is this compulsery to finish the coure after getting ilr to prove a genuine student
Just want know do they have access of person sar file on airpot after tacking finger prints or any 10 year information capture in brb ilr card

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:42 am

Look, be reasonable. Even if they do have access to your SAR at the airport (which I highly doubt), they don't have time/energy to go through dozens (if not hundreds) of pages of information. They process scores of people during their shift, do you really think they have nothing better to do than to look for reasons why your ILR may be cancelled?

Now, your file may be flagged for some reason (e.g., the court ruled that you obtained your ILR by deception). In this case, I guess, your ILR may indeed be cancelled at the airport. But not by a regular immigration officer: I think only Chief officers have this kind of power.

Michaelsteve
Newly Registered

Post by Michaelsteve » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:24 pm

Dear Peppekalle

I got my ILR on 2010 and visited twice to london. I am working in middle east to get experience in power & water. I am going to london after 1 year 10 months. I gained 3 years experience in middle east to get good offer in UK.

Will my ILR overide or cancelled by UK IO....please do share with me your experience

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:56 pm

Michaelsteve wrote:Dear Peppekalle

I got my ILR on 2010 and visited twice to london. I am working in middle east to get experience in power & water. I am going to london after 1 year 10 months. I gained 3 years experience in middle east to get good offer in UK.

Will my ILR overide or cancelled by UK IO....please do share with me your experience
And again, asking the same question will not change the answer. Short visits to the UK does not keep your ILR going.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... l#p1031088
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.