ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching - ICT Tier 2 Long Term to Tier 4 dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bsharma05
Newly Registered

Switching - ICT Tier 2 Long Term to Tier 4 dependent

Post by bsharma05 » Sat May 17, 2014 11:41 pm

Hi,

Need your help and suggestion !!!

I am in UK on ICT Tier 2 Long Term Staff migrant, which is valid till 30th Feb'2015. My current assignment is getting over so my employer is pushing me to go back to India but I would like to continue in UK with other employer. At present my wife is in India, I am exploring few options like If I will call her in UK on student (Tier 4) visa for master's course which duration is more than 12 months or above 24 months, in that case I need few clarification.

1) Can I transfer my visa status from ICT Tier 2 Long Term - Main Applicant to Tier 4 dependent ?

2) Do I need to go back to India for entry clearance to transfer visa status from ICT Tier 2 to Tier 4 dependent ?

3) Do I need to serve 12 months cooling off period to transfer the my visa status from ICT Tier 2 Long Term to Tier 4 dependent ?

4) Any complexity or restriction in getting transferred the my visa status from ICT Tier 2 Long Term to Tier 4 dependent inside the UK ?

5) Going forward in future if want to transfer my visa status from Tier 4 dependent to Tier 2 general inside the UK , will it be any issue ? do I need to serve 12 cooling period as my prior visa status was ICT Tier 2 Long Term ?

It would be great if you can help me on above queries.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
B Sharma

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Switching - ICT Tier 2 Long Term to Tier 4 dependent

Post by manci » Sun May 18, 2014 12:02 pm

bsharma05 wrote:Hi,

Need your help and suggestion !!!

I am in UK on ICT Tier 2 Long Term Staff migrant, which is valid till 30th Feb'2015. My current assignment is getting over so my employer is pushing me to go back to India but I would like to continue in UK with other employer. At present my wife is in India, I am exploring few options like If I will call her in UK on student (Tier 4) visa for master's course which duration is more than 12 months or above 24 months, in that case I need few clarification.

1) Can I transfer my visa status from ICT Tier 2 Long Term - Main Applicant to Tier 4 dependent ?
yes
2) Do I need to go back to India for entry clearance to transfer visa status from ICT Tier 2 to Tier 4 dependent ?
no
3) Do I need to serve 12 months cooling off period to transfer the my visa status from ICT Tier 2 Long Term to Tier 4 dependent ?
no
4) Any complexity or restriction in getting transferred the my visa status from ICT Tier 2 Long Term to Tier 4 dependent inside the UK ?

5) Going forward in future if want to transfer my visa status from Tier 4 dependent to Tier 2 general inside the UK , will it be any issue ? do I need to serve 12 cooling period as my prior visa status was ICT Tier 2 Long Term ?
you can switch in-country from T4 dependant to T2G with a restricted CoS but not earlier than 12 months after the end of your T2 ICT LTS leave
It would be great if you can help me on above queries.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
B Sharma

bsharma05
Newly Registered

Post by bsharma05 » Sat May 31, 2014 2:05 pm

Thanks Manci for your reply.

There is one more thread of same discussion, which says it is not possible to switch inside the UK - ICT Tier 2 Main applicant to Tier 4 student dependent.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 69960.html

mentioned 319C(h) wont allow to switch ICT Tier 2 Main applicant to Tier 4 student dependent,

could you please clarify. I am in impression that it is possible.

Regards,
B Sharma

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Sat May 31, 2014 3:58 pm

That thread is more than 3 years old. The rules changed late last year following a court case, now almost everyone can switch into being a pbs dependant.

bsharma05
Newly Registered

Post by bsharma05 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:53 pm

Thanks Manci & Jeevas. I have downloaded the UKBA-PBS dependent guide (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4-14_2.pdf).

Could you please help me to understand in which mentioned category (point 32 or 33 a/b/c) my case will qualify to switch inside the UK ICT Tier 2 Main applicant to Tier 4 student dependent ?

My wife's Tier 4 application/Visa is getting processed from India for CIMA course (duration is more than 24 months).

Below I have copied the polices for PBS dependent of Tier 4 general applying inside the UK.

Applying as the Family Member of a Tier 4 (General) Migrant in the UK

32. If you are the family member of a Tier 4 (General) applicant, whether or not you can apply for the PBS Dependant category in the UK depends on the type of permission to stay that you have and type of course the Tier 4 (General) student is studying, or will be studying.

33. You can be the family member of a Tier 4 (General) applicant where they are applying for, or have been granted, entry clearance, leave to enter, or leave to remain in the United Kingdom as a Tier 4 (General) Student if:

(i) the Tier 4 (General) applicant is a government sponsored student who is applying for, or who has been granted, entry clearance or leave to remain to undertake a course of study longer than six months; or
(ii) the Tier 4 (General) applicant is:
a) applying for, or has been granted entry clearance or leave to remain in order to undertake a course of study at post-graduate level for 12 months or longer;
and
PBS (Dep) Guidance (version 04/2014) - page 6
PBS (Dependant) POLICY GUIDAN CE
b) is sponsored by a sponsor who is a Recognised Body or a body in receipt of funding as a higher education institution from either:
I. the Department for Employment and Learning in Northern Ireland;
II. the Higher Education Funding Council for England;
III. the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales; or
IV. the Scottish Funding Council;
or
(iii) the Tier 4 (General) applicant is applying for, or has been granted leave to remain as a Tier 4 (General) Student on the doctorate extension scheme; or
(iv) the following conditions are met:
a) the Tier 4 (General) applicant is applying for entry clearance , leave to enter, or leave to remain, to undertake a course of study that is longer than six months and either:
(1) has entry clearance, leave to enter, or leave to remain as a Tier 4 (General) Student or as a student to undertake a course of study longer than six months ; or
(2) last had entry clearance, leave to enter, or leave to remain within the three months preceding the application as a Tier 4 (General) Student or as a student to undertake a course of study longer than six months; and
b) You (the family member) must either-
(1) have entry clearance, leave to enter, or leave to remain as a family member of a Tier 4 (General) Student or a student with entry clearance, leave to enter, or leave to remain, to undertake a course of study longer than six months; or

(2) have last had entry clearance, leave to enter, or leave to remain within the three months preceding the application as the family member of a Tier 4 (General) Student or as a student to undertake a course of study longer than six months; and

c) the Tier 4 (General) applicant Migrant and you (the family member) must be applying at the same time.

34. To apply in the UK you must not have last been granted:
• leave to enter or remain as a visitor; or
• temporary admission or temporary release.
35. Tier 4 (General) students who will be studying in the UK for six months or less cannot bring their partners and/or children (also known as dependants) to the United Kingdom with them.
PBS (Dep) Guidance (version 04/2014) - page 7
PBS (Dependant) POLICY GUIDANCE

Additional evidential requirement for dependants of PBS migrants whose last grant of leave was not in this capacity.
36. If you are applying as a family member of a PBS migrant and your last grant of leave was not as their dependant or you are a child born in the UK, you will need to demonstrate your relationship.
Where you are married or in a civil partnership to a PBS migrant, you must provide your marriage or civil partnership certificate to support your application
Where you are applying as the partner of a PBS migrant but are not married or in a civil partnership with them you will need to provide documents to show that you have been living in a relationship akin to marriage/civil partnership for a period of at least two years - documents should therefore cover the whole of this period. Documents will only be accepted where they are from official sources such as utility bills or NHS registration:

Suggested Documents
Partners (including spouses and civil partners)
marriage or civil partnership certificates
bank statements
Council tax/ bills
medical registration
utility bills

Akap
Newly Registered

Post by Akap » Sun May 03, 2015 8:08 pm

Hi BSharma,

So far, I find this thread very helpful as I am in a similar situation this year.

Were you able to switch from ICT TIER 2 to Tier 4 dependent successfully?
If yes, I am wondering if you can guide me on the timelines of the overall process:

I am on a Tier 2 ICT long term and my wife is applying for a PhD here in UK
Now, Once my wife gets her student visa, I understand I can apply for a dependent one; But some doubts here-

1. How long will it typically take for the application process to switch my Visa status i.e. ICT TIER 2 to Tier 4?

2. Your last question was not answered in this forum- "which mentioned category (point 32 or 33 a/b/c) my case will qualify to switch inside the UK ICT Tier 2 Main applicant to Tier 4 student dependent ?"

Do you know this now?- Again, same applies to me.

3. Can I resume work in my current Company at all?.. Since the Tier 2 CoS (sponsorship) will be rendered invalid!

Any inputs will be appreciated, Thanks!

yash1911
Newly Registered

Post by yash1911 » Tue May 19, 2015 7:39 pm

Hi BSharma

Can you kindly provide response on whether your plan executed ok and let us know any learnings and best practices?

NRP
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by NRP » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:13 pm

Hi, I understand that this thread is inactive now for ~2 years, but hoping for some helpful information. I have the very same questions that was initially posted by BSharma. I was told that the rules changed again in April 2017, so wanted to know whether I can still proceed with applying whilst in the UK.
Many thanks!
~NRP

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:43 am

NRP wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:13 pm
Hi, I understand that this thread is inactive now for ~2 years, but hoping for some helpful information. I have the very same questions that was initially posted by BSharma. I was told that the rules changed again in April 2017, so wanted to know whether I can still proceed with applying whilst in the UK.
Many thanks!
~NRP
Please start your own topic with your questions instead of digging up 3 year old topics and cluttering the current questions/topics on the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.