ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pdf form filler software?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mhkhan

Pdf form filler software?

Post by mhkhan » Fri May 30, 2014 5:49 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know of a free website or a software where I could fill up my application and also can save or print? PDFfiller website is not free hence asking someone who knows one better.

Thanks in advance.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Re: Pdf form filler software?

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Fri May 30, 2014 7:16 pm

Just like for reading pdf file, the Acrobat Reader software need and same like that for writing on pdf file, Acrobat writer software need.
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

mhkhan

Post by mhkhan » Fri May 30, 2014 10:38 pm

Thanks. Tried adobe but the forms came out blank when printed. Decided to fill it up with pen.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Sat May 31, 2014 3:02 am

Manually filling the form with black pen is more wise because software can disturb the form format which may lead to refusal or invalidity of application.
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sat May 31, 2014 4:21 pm

Manually filling the form using black pen in block capitals is always best practise.

However, I have used Adobe Acrobat pro (paid version) which has the ability to fill in PDF forms and used this for the Spouse Visa form 2 years ago without an issue.

Main reason being its easier to read than a hand writing, looks more professional and I have a digital copy of the form I can always refer back to if needed.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

mhkhan

Post by mhkhan » Sat May 31, 2014 6:11 pm

Yes. Agree with both of you.

Thanks.

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:26 am

The best software to fill PDF is Preview in OSX. Adobe Acrobat is not as good as Preview. Use that if you got apple laptop.

mhkhan

Post by mhkhan » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:07 am

Hey thanks. I didn't know Preview could edit pdfs too. Have been using it only to view documents.