ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Query on offenses

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sanju_Guptha
Newly Registered

ILR Query on offenses

Post by Sanju_Guptha » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:09 pm

Hi,

We are applying for ILR This month. Unfortunately we got criminal offense notice for not paying TV license [newly bought the TV]. And we paid the fine on time.

In this case will our chances of ILR approval have any issues??

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

Re: ILR Query on offenses

Post by prem_singh123 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:34 pm

Tv license offence is recordable but not disclosable, I guess u will be ok for your ILR

Sanju_Guptha
Newly Registered

Post by Sanju_Guptha » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:48 pm

@prem_singh123 Thank you for the reply.

How can I check if this offense wild be spent or unspent conviction?
We got notified in 2010 and paid immediately, did not have to attend court as we'll.

Appreciate any advices given.

Thank you.

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

Post by prem_singh123 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:04 pm

I don't think that will be a problem. But your can do check on your record but I know it's not disclosable plus it's over two years that it happened so don't worry and apply with confidence.
Last edited by prem_singh123 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:23 pm

Sanju_Guptha wrote:@prem_singh123 Thank you for the reply.

We got notified in 2010 and paid immediately, did not have to attend court as we'll.

Thank you.
In that case, you have nothing to worry about.

The BBC use the services of Capita who are known to write intimidating letters to all who do not possess a TV Licence. These letters do the trick as they use words such as "may be fine up to £1000" etc... but in actual fact, they are meaningless.

Capita/BBC are powerless and are no different to a door salesman trying to sell you a product. They would need concrete evidence that a offence has taken place where a Live TV broadcast is being watched without a licence.

The letters you would have received are not even worth the paper its written on. Only a Court action in front of a Judge will give you a recordable offence.

Furthermore, you do not need a TV Licence for simply buying or owning a TV. Its only required to watching/receiving LIVE TV broadcasts. You can even go onto the BBC iplayer to watch catchup programs as long as its not live.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

Post by prem_singh123 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:14 pm

Well we are advising here on immigration issues to the member and not here if the member needs a licenae or not.
The advice is purely for the fine which the member received couple of years back not if he/she needs a tv license or not. Lol
WR1 wrote:
Sanju_Guptha wrote:@prem_singh123 Thank you for the reply.

Thank you.
In that case, you have nothing to worry about.

The BBC use the services of Capita who are known to write intimidating letters to all who do not possess a TV Licence. These letters do the trick as they use words such as "may be fine up to £1000" etc... but in actual fact, they are meaningless.

Capita/BBC are powerless and are no different to a door salesman trying to sell you a product. They would need concrete evidence that a offence has taken place where a Live TV broadcast is being watched without a licence.

The letters you would have received are not even worth the paper its written on. Only a Court action in front of a Judge will give you a recordable offence.

Furthermore, you do not need a TV Licence for simply buying or owning a TV. Its only required to watching/receiving LIVE TV broadcasts. You can even go onto the BBC iplayer to watch catchup programs as long as its not live.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:39 pm

prem_singh123 wrote:Well we are advising here on immigration issues to the member and not here if the member needs a licenae or not.
The advice is purely for the fine which the member received couple of years back not if he/she needs a tv license or not. Lol
My post is very much relevant to the topic and there's nothing wrong with providing a little more info related to the subject matter in putting the OP's mind at ease.

Further, the BBC does not have the powers to issue fines,only the courts can do that, so there is no way on earth the OP received a fine a couple of years ago as they confirmed they never went to court.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

Post by prem_singh123 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:14 pm

We'll i don't have enough information all I can see and hope u can see what members said in their post they got the fine n hence I explained that no need to worry firstly it's more than two years ago n secondly tv license offence is non disclosable. And everyone knows courts has the power to issue fines.

Sanju_Guptha
Newly Registered

Post by Sanju_Guptha » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:29 pm

Thank you both for the reply. This info helped me.

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

Post by prem_singh123 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:11 pm

No problem mate

Sanju_Guptha wrote:Thank you both for the reply. This info helped me.