ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ikeron

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by ikeron » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:00 am

seanp wrote:Hi everyone, pls I need clarification as the lawyers I consult are driving me crazy with different opinion/laws.Am an overstayer And married an eu national in 2010 and submit an application as partner of eea but she cancelled her passport behind my back when we seperated and I was refused, now we are divorced and am engaged with a British partner and we have a child(British) together plus 21 months of prove we have been living together though we have been together more than that. Pls which application should I submit besides is my prove of cohabitant is enough with the child passport to submit? I would appreciate your advice . Thanks
@seanp I think you should wait until you get a proof of living together with your partner for at least 24 mounths and you can make Flr(fp) application on the basis of your partner and your British child. All the best.

ikeron

Post by ikeron » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:03 am

Linda21 wrote:@ Ikeron ,Mystic82
Congratulations. Enjoy ur freedom
@linda21 Thank you and God bless you.

seanp

Post by seanp » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:12 am

ikeron wrote:
seanp wrote:Hi everyone, pls I need clarification as the lawyers I consult are driving me crazy with different opinion/laws.Am an overstayer And married an eu national in 2010 and submit an application as partner of eea but she cancelled her passport behind my back when we seperated and I was refused, now we are divorced and am engaged with a British partner and we have a child(British) together plus 21 months of prove we have been living together though we have been together more than that. Pls which application should I submit besides is my prove of cohabitant is enough with the child passport to submit? I would appreciate your advice . Thanks
@seanp I think you should wait until you get a proof of living together with your partner for at least 24 mounths and you can make Flr(fp) application on the basis of your partner and your British child. All the best.
Thanks @ikeron but what if I have a GP letter stated I have been at the address for the last 3 years , will that help?

zico 10
Newly Registered

Post by zico 10 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:20 am

hello everyone i am a new member of this great forum, which i have been addicted to reading everyday for the past year now. please i will need advise from this great forum. i receive a letter from my solicitor that the case worker is requesting additional document,
which i have just sent. can anyone please advice me on what will happen next.

Applied : 01/4/2014
Fee taken: 04/04/2014
Biometric request letter dated:08/04/2014
Biometric letter recieved:12/04/2014
Biometric done:12/11/2013
Document requested:16/05/2014

partner indefinite leave as refugee with two british kids, they are is 7 and 3 years respectively

seanp

Post by seanp » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:58 am

ikeron wrote:

seanp

Post by seanp » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:00 am

zico 10 wrote:hello everyone i am a new member of this great forum, which i have been addicted to reading everyday for the past year now. please i will need advise from this great forum. i receive a letter from my solicitor that the case worker is requesting additional document,
which i have just sent. can anyone please advice me on what will happen next.

Applied : 01/4/2014
Fee taken: 04/04/2014
Biometric request letter dated:08/04/2014
Biometric letter recieved:12/04/2014
Biometric done:12/11/2013
Document requested:16/05/2014

partner indefinite leave as refugee with two british kids, they are is 7 and 3 years respectively
What's the additional document they asked for?

zico 10
Newly Registered

Post by zico 10 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:06 am

1, prove of cohabiting november 2012 to march 2014
2, documentry evidence i live with my kids
3, the role i play in my kids life
4, letter from my partner that i play active role in the upbringing of the kids.

which i have submited all they requested for.

fatimahanif
Newly Registered

Post by fatimahanif » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:34 am

Al Haqq wrote:@ fatimahanif
Hello again,
I find this very strange, There are a number of people on this forum who applied for DL and non has mentioned this money. I have also made a search for such term in the UKVI site, nothing of such. I remember they are planning to introduce bonds for people applying for VISITING from outside the UK.
I will suggest that your friend should wise up and he or she most probably needs a different lawyer.
Good luck.
Hi Al Haqq,

You have confirmed my suspicion that her lawyer is tricking her. I have also searched their website and did not find any reference to any security bond. I tried to check with a few lawyers and they all said no such thing. Thank you again for your help and guidance...

zico 10
Newly Registered

Post by zico 10 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:49 am

@seanp
4, letter from my partner that i play active role in the upbringing of the kids.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:09 pm

Hello everyone

I hope we still holding on to faith and that all is well. Congratulation to those who have been granted recently and the rest please dont give up.
@Elastep how did it go?? Please let us know dear. @Dapsonlee this is worrying why are you so quiet and not responding :( :( :( :(
@God's authority thanks for your prayers they are truly appreciated and hi 5 to @believe lol
My old members Keisha,Summer2013, hatchsead, Kukuwife, shondra, Verbina, Al Haqq, seneca, god's authority, naba,Thisyear and many more... I hope God is looking after you.

seanp

Post by seanp » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:52 pm

zico 10 wrote:@seanp

Wait for their decision though your prove is not up to 2 years but you still have a very good chance. Best of luck

zico 10
Newly Registered

Post by zico 10 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:58 pm

seanp wrote:

Wait for their decision though your prove is not up to 2 years but you still have a very good chance. Best of luck
thanks a lot, i dont have a choice than to wait. and please do you have an idea how long it will take to make the decision

seanp

Post by seanp » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:04 pm

zico 10 wrote:
seanp wrote:

thanks a lot, i dont have a choice than to wait. and please do you have an idea how long it will take to make the decision
1 or 2 months thereabout. Best of luck

helpme123

Post by helpme123 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:52 pm

Thank you everyone for your warm wishes. Our daughter is getting the best treatment here. My husband sent his biometrics on 31st of May 2014. Now we are just waiting trying to pass the next 6-8 weeks. Hoping to hear a positive reply. We desperately need it for our daughter who is our sole reason for coming to the UK.

bsmith13

Post by bsmith13 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:09 am

Hello everyone, hope y'all are doing great. Congrats to everyone who has gotten their stay and may God comfort us that are waiting.

I would like to seek an advice for a friend please.

She came to the UK in 2004 on a student visa, along the line she tried to renew by visa which was granted and when She tried to renew again She was refused in 2007 and ever since, She has been living in the UK. She met my partner in 2008 and they have be cohabiting since then. In 2012, She applied in order to regularise her status, during that period she and her partner got married, which they informed the home office and sent pictures and their marriage certificate but that application got refused.
They were advised to go for judicial review, which they had an oral hearing that was adjourned due to the fact that their solicitor was not allowed to talk in the court as he's not a barrister. During the time of adjournment She got pregnant and was advised to withdraw the judicial review as the pregnancy won't be considered with the application.
So they decided to put in a new application in January but home office kept returning the application saying there was no payment and pictures which was not true but when their solicitor threatened them with judicial review, they sent a biometrics letter and after a month, they requested for her medical reports in order to confirm the pregnancy and the due date but after 2 weeks She got a refusal again saying She should go and give birth in Nigeria and there's no reason why her partner can't relocate with her and should go and get an entry clearance. Her partner is full British as he was born here and all his family members lives here too.

es2013
United Kingdom

Post by es2013 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:42 pm

bsmith13 wrote:Hello everyone, hope y'all are doing great. Congrats to everyone who has gotten their stay and may God comfort us that are waiting.

I would like to seek an advice for a friend please.

She came to the UK in 2004 on a student visa, along the line she tried to renew by visa which was granted and when She tried to renew again She was refused in 2007 and ever since, She has been living in the UK. She met my partner in 2008 and they have be cohabiting since then. In 2012, She applied in order to regularise her status, during that period she and her partner got married, which they informed the home office and sent pictures and their marriage certificate but that application got refused.
They were advised to go for judicial review, which they had an oral hearing that was adjourned due to the fact that their solicitor was not allowed to talk in the court as he's not a barrister. During the time of adjournment She got pregnant and was advised to withdraw the judicial review as the pregnancy won't be considered with the application.
So they decided to put in a new application in January but home office kept returning the application saying there was no payment and pictures which was not true but when their solicitor threatened them with judicial review, they sent a biometrics letter and after a month, they requested for her medical reports in order to confirm the pregnancy and the due date but after 2 weeks She got a refusal again saying She should go and give birth in Nigeria and there's no reason why her partner can't relocate with her and should go and get an entry clearance. Her partner is full British as he was born here and all his family members lives here too.
Hi bsmith, when i was pregnant with my baby, i contacted a few solicitors and they all advised me to have the baby first, apply for their british citizenship and then they could start from there.
Application sent: 10.04.14
Received by HO : 11.04.14
Acknow dated : 14.04.14 received 19.04.14
Biometric letter: 15.04.14 and letter of ECHR received on 17.04.14
Biometrics done: 19.04.14
More docs requested: 04.06.14 Posted 14.06.14
BRP: 19.06.14

Tom no engine
Newly Registered

Post by Tom no engine » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:16 pm

Hi guys..after sending 3 free flr o applications which all got returned as invalid..I finally managed to raise enough money to send for a paid application which was submitted about a month ago..I got the acknowledgement letter a week later so I was waiting for biometrics invitation only to be informed by my lawyer that they had sent the flr o application back saying I should fill in flr fp instead and return it to them within 7 working days..guys in your opinion is this good or bad?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:39 pm

Tom no engine wrote:Hi guys..after sending 3 free flr o applications which all got returned as invalid..I finally managed to raise enough money to send for a paid application which was submitted about a month ago..I got the acknowledgement letter a week later so I was waiting for biometrics invitation only to be informed by my lawyer that they had sent the flr o application back saying I should fill in flr fp instead and return it to them within 7 working days..guys in your opinion is this good or bad?
Nothing good nothing bad. I gather from your information that u must be an overstayer. So no problem for u if your applications came back as invalid for 3 times.

Your lawyer filled in wrong form which was flro. So HO wants u to put flr fp correct form.

Tell us about your history more so we can advice u what will be the outcome.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:52 pm

Hello everyone.. Congrats to you all because I believe we are all winners.. To those of you waiting, God will put a smile on your face soon.. You would think getting your papers will change your life but its still the same struggles we still face in this country.. Those of you who have jobs even when you are illegal don't know how lucky you are. Its not easy on both sides especially when you have the 'no recourse' stamped on your card.. Sorry for the rant.. Its for a friend in distress.. May God help us all.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:10 am

evie233 wrote:Hello everyone.. Congrats to you all because I believe we are all winners.. To those of you waiting, God will put a smile on your face soon.. You would think getting your papers will change your life but its still the same struggles we still face in this country.. Those of you who have jobs even when you are illegal don't know how lucky you are. Its not easy on both sides especially when you have the 'no recourse' stamped on your card.. Sorry for the rant.. Its for a friend in distress.. May God help us all.
@evie233, May Almighty God ease the stress of your friend. Take care.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:14 am

Quick Update,
The appeal date was yesterday and I have attended representing myself. I went with my children and I was told that they would only like to speak to me. I just have to wait now for the decision. Allah made the journey and whole process less stressful for me. I am glad that is another hurdle jumped. Thanks everyone. More good news very soon for those waiting. Good night all and God bless.

convenantkeepingGod

Post by convenantkeepingGod » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:13 am

Al Haqq wrote:
evie233 wrote:Hello everyone.. Congrats to you all because I believe we are all winners.. To those of you waiting, God will put a smile on your face soon.. You would think getting your papers will change your life but its still the same struggles we still face in this country.. Those of you who have jobs even when you are illegal don't know how lucky you are. Its not easy on both sides especially when you have the 'no recourse' stamped on your card.. Sorry for the rant.. Its for a friend in distress.. May God help us all.
@evie233, May Almighty God ease the stress of your friend. Take care.
Oh noo...evie233. Is it difficult for her/him to get a job because of the no recourse stamp? Tell your friend not to give up and keep on applying . It is not easy but at the end it will happen. I have plenty of friends currently working with no recourse stamp and yes life will always have its struggles.the key is : Perseverance.
I hope all works out for your friend.
How are you yourself ? Was it easy for you to get a job? take care

es2013
United Kingdom

Post by es2013 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:37 am

What sort of jobs is your friend looking for or what do they want to do?
Application sent: 10.04.14
Received by HO : 11.04.14
Acknow dated : 14.04.14 received 19.04.14
Biometric letter: 15.04.14 and letter of ECHR received on 17.04.14
Biometrics done: 19.04.14
More docs requested: 04.06.14 Posted 14.06.14
BRP: 19.06.14

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:21 pm

Permission for my JR has been refused. I wait to hear from my barrister on Monday to see if there is an error of law so we can ask for an oral hearing.
I am slowly giving up this is too much. Its a never ending battle :(

Tom no engine
Newly Registered

Post by Tom no engine » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:23 pm

Hi guys I was wondering if you can help me..what form do you use when applying for leave to remain through the 7 year rule..if you have kids who have been in England for 7 years or more..Thanks