ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for unmarried partner - any success stories out there?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sjb1983

ILR for unmarried partner - any success stories out there?

Post by sjb1983 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:39 pm

Hi,

As my (unmarried) partner is about to apply for her ILR after living in the UK for 2 years, I'd like to know if anyone out there has successfully applied for and been granted this visa.

She/we meet all the requirements as set out on paper, so I can't see why she wouldn't be granted it but would like to hear from anyone who has any insight into these things for general support/advice.

Thank you in advance for any contributions.
Steve

Fon
Newly Registered

Re: ILR for unmarried partner - any success stories out ther

Post by Fon » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:30 pm

Hi

Yes, but it was a couple of years ago now. Here is my timeline.

My original nationality is Thai. Then...
British citizen : Dec 2012
ILR (unmarried partnership) : Sep 2011
FLR (unmarried partnership): Oct 2009
PSW : Oct 2007
Student visas from April 2001

I met all the requirements on the paper and provided extra documents that we have lived in the same addresses for almost 5 years (they only required 2 years). My only concern at that time is that we only have 1 document which is in joint name (a bank statement with both of our names dated back less than a year) and the rest of the supporting documents were separate letters but always to the same address. Also, we have lived with another friend in the same address during that time and try to keep his name out of all the rental document.

I applied through PEO and it was worth every penny, i suggest if you have the fund do go through this way. I got a result immediate on spot and in 7 days my ID arrived. Much better than being left hanging for months. Also I think it helps a little for them to see faces and recognise that you are genuine (I put on the poshest accent in my life :lol: ).

I hope yours gone well. From the look of it, this category of visa hasn't changed much in the last few years. Good luck!

sjb1983

Post by sjb1983 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:45 pm

Hi there,

Thank you for this - it is reassuring to hear.

We don't have the money for the premium service (it took me a while to find out what PEO stood for!) so we will have to wait it out.

We are going through a settlement checking service which makes sure all the documents are in order.

Hopefully this will be fine.

Will update when done and thanks again.

Steve

sjb1983

Post by sjb1983 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:24 pm

Hi there,

Actually, we went for the PEO route in the end and my partner got her unmarried partner visa!! Thanks for the advice - it was well worth the extra 400 quid!

Would wholeheartedly recommend the Cardiff PEO office to anyone as we only booked it 4 days in advance - they seemed to have lots of slots.

Thanks again for the help.

CherylF
Newly Registered

Post by CherylF » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:40 pm

No success story here...yet.

I sent my postal Set M application on Tuesday 15th July, the only news I have is it was signed for on Wednesday 16th July. Will keep you updated with my story. Fingers crossed!