ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 application - Referee problem

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ferryahmed82

MN1 application - Referee problem

Post by ferryahmed82 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:59 pm

Hi there

Me and my wife have received our ILR and we are now applying for our 3 yr old son.

The issue is it is getting difficult to find a professional referee for his application as his teacher, health visitor and GP, all have refused to sign it. The form mentions that the referee must know a child in a professional capacity.

The thing I want to ask is

1) If we can't find any professional who knows my child, and is willing to sign, can we get it signed from any British citizen more than 25 years old, or does he needs to be a professional?

2) I am an IT professional myself and works in a software company so, can I get sign from anyone else from my company as they are British (all of them) and are IT/Business Managers/Directors?

3) How can the Home office verify that the person acting as a referee is indeed a professional? How will they cross check the info? do they contact individual referee?

any help appreciated.

Rdgs

ferryahmed82

Re: MN1 application - Referee problem

Post by ferryahmed82 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:37 am

anyone ??
seniors/gurus??

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:13 am

1. Referee is confirming that they know you, not your child.
2. If you have registered accountant in the company then they can sign it. Any professional neighbours you can ask?
3. Referee may be contacted to confirm and I think details can be checked so try to get someone who is registered.

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:55 am

akhurshid wrote:1. Referee is confirming that they know you, not your child.
2. If you have registered accountant in the company then they can sign it. Any professional neighbours you can ask?
3. Referee may be contacted to confirm and I think details can be checked so try to get someone who is registered.
Thanks akhurshid

The form said that the referees must know the child in a professional capacity, that's where I get confused. The form also asks a question that how you know the child. If I get it signed from someone in my company, they know me not my child.

If I get it sign from 2 registered professionals (even though they don't have professional engagement with my child), will it work? Does HO shows some leniency for minors?

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:58 am

ferryahmed82 wrote:
akhurshid wrote:1. Referee is confirming that they know you, not your child.
Thanks akhurshid

The form said that the referees must know the child in a professional capacity, that's where I get confused. The form also asks a question that how you know the child. If I get it signed from someone in my company, they know me not my child.

If I get it sign from 2 registered professionals (even though they don't have professional engagement with my child), will it work? Does HO shows some leniency for minors?

Although I can say from personal experience that they will probably not create a fuss for a 3 year old I would strongly recommend you get at least one referee who has known the child personally in a professional capacity. Do you know anyone who is a registered child minder? They can probably give you a reference. The second person can be anyone who is British and over 25 years.
In case you can't find anyone then get whatever reference you can. Do remember that not everyone in IT is considered eligible, go for a director or something. They will not reject your application on the basis of reference, if they are not happy with the reference then they will ask you to provide another one which might cause some delays.
But like I said chances are they won't object to anything for a 3 year old. Hope this helps mate.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:13 am

I got my child's sign by a religious clerk and the other one from family friend.
Clerk just stated that he knows me and my child was only an year old. I dont think they'll make a fuss about a 3 year's old.
As previous post mentioned, try to get atleast 1 referee who can is family friend or neighbours. You only need one professional referee as far I know. Do you not even have a british family friend?

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:38 am

I have got it signed from my British friend aged 32.

Finally the nursery manager has agreed to sign it, so I'll get that done today hopefully too.

Thanks for the replies guys.

charismatic_one

Post by charismatic_one » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:12 pm

Hi,
I am due to apply for my child's MN1 application tomorrow at NCS Bedworth.

In section 5, it asks for at least one professional referee who knows the child in professional capacity such as solicitor, teacher, minister of religion or health visitor. The child is just 18 months and does not go to nursery or school so can't get a teacher to sign. I don't know any social worker or minister of religion who could sign. The health visitor team declined and said its not their policy to sign forms.

I have got 2 work colleagues to sign as referees on his form, both professionals (fulfill the criteria on the exhaustive list of referees), are British citizens & over 25 years of age

Just wondering if someone had been in similar situation and suggest if this would be OK or if any of the experts could please help ?

Also if somebody could please share a format for cover letter as I was thinking to mention the details in a cover letter as well.

Help in this regard would be much appreciated...

Thanks & Regards.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:02 pm

Dont worry about the referees, they are just confirming that they know you in this case. My daughter was 14 months old when I register her as British National. I didnt use any cover letter either.

amitkhetan
Newly Registered

Post by amitkhetan » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:59 pm

Hi charismatic_one,

can you please confirm what happened in your case, I have a similar situation and I got two of my colleagues to sign the application. Should I go ahead with it.