ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long can we stay outside UK on tier1 entrepreneur visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

la
Member of Standing

How long can we stay outside UK on tier1 entrepreneur visa

Post by la » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:35 pm

Please give me the information about Staying period
How long can we stay outside UK
Continuous period ?
Overall period?

entrepreneur123

Re: How long can we stay outside UK on tier1 entrepreneur vi

Post by entrepreneur123 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:50 pm

i think 6 months per year. But i will recommend not to stay out side uk for too long unless you have business arrangement in place, e.g someone else is looking after your business.. as this might cause problem on your return

la wrote:Please give me the information about Staying period
Continuous period ?
Overall period?

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:57 pm

Can we stay continuous 6months

prajwal87

Post by prajwal87 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:31 pm

I had seen post of 180 days per calender year. I myself am taking some time off for my wedding in December. That would be around 90 days continuous leave. Hopefully I will not run into lot of problems at the airport when I return.

Just a question to anybody who can answer it...

1. Can I take upto 180 days holidays and still qualify for extension? or is that only restricted while applying for ILR.

Cheers

NAR

Post by NAR » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:54 pm

la wrote:Please give me the information about Staying period
Continuous period ?
Overall period?

Here is something to consider, maybe it will save someone's extension one day; I have never read any document from UKBA that mention about 'year'.

All UKBA sources always says: "no more than 180 days in any 12 calendar months".

If UKBA intended to allow 180 days in each year, then the wording they would use will be: "in any calendar year".

The difference is if you take 4 months at the end of 2014 as holiday and then you had to take 3 months at the beginning of 2015, then you have been out of the UK for more than 180 days during the 12 calendar months of August 2014 to August 2015 for example.

I guessing 90% or more of people will not do that but I just wanted to mention this considering i have read in other posts as well people mentioning year rather.

There are some people who will argue that two calendar months means they all fall in the same year and for example Dec 2014 to Jan 2015 are not considered two calendar months. I think these are considered two cal. months and I am not trying to start a debate here. Just my 2 cents.