ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proving ties to which country?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sakib123
Newly Registered

Proving ties to which country?

Post by sakib123 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:56 pm

I want to sponsor my cousin from Abu Dhabi UAE to come to the UK for one month whilst he's off work in the summer. He has lived and worked in Abu Dhabi all his life and holds a Pakistani passport.

Which documents do we need show that would be sufficient enough to prove that he will go back and for which country?

ouflak1

Re: Proving ties to which country?

Post by ouflak1 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:51 am

If he lives and works in the UAE, then that is where he will have to show he has significant motivation to return and continue living. This may be considered his 'home' country even if it is not the country of his citizenship or birth.

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:09 pm

Proof that they have lived in emirates all their life,good job in the emirates,property etc etc.

sakib123
Newly Registered

Post by sakib123 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:28 pm

UAE does not give citizenship to foreigners and he does not own any property there, instead he rents. His family resides in Pakistan but he does not support them as they are well off.

The only way I can think of proving ties to the country is through his job and bank account but would this be sufficient to get the visa? He will only be staying a month.

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:36 pm

It is a good start but i am not certain it will be enough thou.Can he show strong ties to Pakistan?

sakib123
Newly Registered

Post by sakib123 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:48 pm

peppekalle wrote:It is a good start but i am not certain it will be enough thou.Can he show strong ties to Pakistan?
He would be able to provide property documents and bank account details in Pakistan and also would be able so show family ties.

Should he send these documents as well and would this not confuse them as he would be showing ties to two countries?

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:35 am

The aim of showing strong ties is to show that they will go back to their country.If they can show strong ties to either country the better but please dont forget the letter that indicates your cousin is on leave for 1 month and will be expected to work after the month is over.

sakib123
Newly Registered

Post by sakib123 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:16 am

peppekalle wrote:The aim of showing strong ties is to show that they will go back to their country.If they can show strong ties to either country the better but please dont forget the letter that indicates your cousin is on leave for 1 month and will be expected to work after the month is over.
He is self-employed. I'm trying to find out whether he can provide business registration documents as proof of self employment as he wouldn't be able to provide tax documents due to salaries being tax free in the Emirates.