ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK/EU national living outside EU

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nick78
Newly Registered

UK/EU national living outside EU

Post by Nick78 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:59 pm

Hi,

I hold Greek and British (naturalization) passports.
I've lived outside the EU for the last 3 years.

Would my wife (Argentinian) be eligible to apply under EEA regulations? Or EU/UK national has to rise within the EU to enjoy this rights?

Many thanks!
Kostas

Hubba

Re: UK/EU national living outside EU

Post by Hubba » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:26 pm

Nick78 wrote:Hi,

I hold Greek and British (naturalization) passports.
I've lived outside the EU for the last 3 years.

Would my wife (Argentinian) be eligible to apply under EEA regulations? Or EU/UK national has to rise within the EU to enjoy this rights?

Many thanks!
Kostas
For Surinder Singh route, you would need to be exercising Treaty Rights in another EU member state in order to be able to apply for Family Permit and EEA2 for your spouse.

Someone more knowledgeable on the Surinder Singh route will probably pitch in.

Nick78
Newly Registered

Post by Nick78 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:25 am

Hubba, thanks!

So it's it looks like one needs be a resident in one of the EU countries and the rest of the world does not count.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:01 am

Nick78 wrote:Hubba, thanks!

So it's it looks like one needs be a resident in one of the EU countries and the rest of the world does not count.
Only EEA countries count under the European legislation. You should consider moving over to another EEA country (one of which you are not a citizen).

There is a growing number of people who have renounced British citizenship (not sure that you would be interested in doing that) and applied under the EEA rules.