ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child born in india to parents on ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vamshi55
Newly Registered

child born in india to parents on ILR

Post by vamshi55 » Sat May 31, 2014 6:18 pm

Hi Friends,

this forum was really helpful to me for my ILR application, hope this forum will be helpful to me now as well. The reason for my post is i have some doubts regarding child born in india:

1. i am on ILR got in Dec 2013 our first child is due in Oct 2014 if the child is born in India what will be the process to get him here i am planning to apply for my neutralization in Dec 2014 once i qualify.

2. If i get my child on indian passport to UK when will i be able to apply for his British passport? and after how many days can i apply for his British passport once arrived into UK.

3. My wife is on ILR with me got at same time as mine, if i send her to india how long can she be there to avoid any kind of complication due to the gap for her neutralization.

4. How long will the child visa be granted and what visa will he be entitled for or should i apply for?

5. If my wife stays there for about 1 yrs when can i apply for her neutralization?

6. what will be the fees for child's British passport?

Gurus help is much appreciated :)

vamshi55

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: child born in india to parents on ILR

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:31 am

If neither of your are British, a child born abroad will not be British but can apply for ILE on VAF4A.

The child may register as British by discretion under 3(1) so far as the child and both parents are in the UK, the child has ILE/ILR and at least one parent is British or applying at the same time and the other parent is settled.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

vamshi55
Newly Registered

Post by vamshi55 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:02 pm

Hi

Can any one tell how much will it cost to apply for BRITISH PASSPORT for child born in india for parents on ILR when we get the child to UK.

Vamshi55

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:57 am

It is not clear whether your question is about the overall cost of getting your child British citizenship or just the cost of the passport itself (https://www.gov.uk/passport-fees).

For the former, you would have to factor in the following costs;
a) The cost of getting an Indian passport (as the child will need a travel document to travel back to the UK).
b) The cost of getting ILE/R
c) The cost of applying for registration for the child
d) Finally, the cost of getting a British passport.

It would seem to me that given that the child is not yet born and is due in October 2014 for your wife to give birth in the UK, which would considerably simplify matters. If the child is born in the UK to parents settled in the UK, I believe it is British from birth.

vivdubes

Post by vivdubes » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:28 am

Agreed, to make matters simple if you are on ILR giving birth in UK is straight forward and less trouble as the child would be british by birth.... unless you dont want British citizenship at all for the child...