ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return of Original Documents from HCI-LONDON- Urgent!

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stha

Return of Original Documents from HCI-LONDON- Urgent!

Post by stha » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:13 pm

Dear Forum Members,

I have applied for wife’s Indian passport renewal couple of weeks before to HCI London by post. Does anybody know that, if I would be able to request the original documents submitted with the application such as biometric residence permit Card and existing passport? Does anyone has did so in the past. Also, if any contact details of the relevant case team in HCI london would be helpful.

I urgently need these docuemnts as UK passport office has raised a query on my kids British passport application that they would like to see my wife's passport and her status when kids were born. To me, this request seems irrelevant as the clause clearly states that " a person born after 1 Jan 1983 in UK will be a British Citizen if, when they were born, when either parent was a british citizen or was settled in the united kingdom". I have submitted my passport and I had an ILR status when they were born.

Any suggestion and guidance from the group will be much appreciated in this time of need.

Many thanks in advance.

stha

stha

Re: Return of Original Documents from HCI-LONDON- Urgent!

Post by stha » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:42 am

Any answers to my query Please?

Gnanasekar
United Kingdom

Re: Return of Original Documents from HCI-LONDON- Urgent!

Post by Gnanasekar » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:57 am

@stha

sorry I have not been in this situation but have applied for my UK born child passport using Postal check and send service. It's been close to four weeks and fingers crossed to receive an update soon.

Could you not get back to passport office explaining the terms mentioned " a person born after 1 Jan 1983 in UK will be a British Citizen if, when they were born, when either parent was a British citizen or was settled in the united kingdom" ? and also state that your Wife's passport has been submitted for renewal. You could back this up with a photocopy or scan (you must have it somewhere). alternatively you can provide any previous visa reference from which they should be able to track when your wife was moving in and out of the country.